1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Contests or PokeStar Studios?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, May 3, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Which one did you prefer doing in Gen 5?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pyramid King

Pyramid King Just checking on things

Egg
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.6
    I enjoyed making movies in PokeStar Studios. I used to enjoy contests but they got kinda boring after a while.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,370.7
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I really enjoyed both, but the downside to pokestar studios was that it was only single payer, while I could compete against my brothers in Contests. Plus We could make poffins together

4. Minthia

Minthia Ruin Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I wasted so much time on PokeStar Studios :). I found it to be pretty fun, and I liked it more than the contests.

5. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 31
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,754.8
    The musicals were a waste of potential, but PokeStar Studios was pretty fun (would've wanted more movie options and genres)

shinygiratinaz likes this.
  6. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I liked the Studios but it also got old pretty quick for me. It was pretty repetitive after a while. I never got into the contests to be honest, though I may try this time around when I replay the game.

7. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I remember spending way too much time at the PokéStar Studios :) It's such a funny idea, and it was a great time waster.
    I don't remember much about the Contests though, they didn't really stand out to me.

8. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I like them both but if I had to pick one, it would be Contests. In Pokestar Studios, you can just find a guide on the internet and finish it the way you want it to while in contests, you can never guess what would happen next.
    It takes a great amount of luck and patience to win in Master rank contests because there's always that ONE jerk who gets the crowd's bonus points. :/

9. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    I like poke star studios it's actually when you dress up you're character for the first time that's how gen 6 started xD

10. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    I like Pokestar Studios because the game punishes you for deviating from the script using existing battle mechanics. Fail to retrieve the glasses from the time machine? Those glasses were Choice Specs, and you won't be able to defeat the Time Machine before it kills you. Allow yourself to get intimidated by Brycen-Man? He won't feel the need to use his (easily survivable Faint Attack) dark arts and will just cherry tap you with his (lethal Air Slash) normal moves.

But why is it required?

11. Myuuriko

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Both had it's quirks, but definitely pokestar studios.^ . ^

I suppose it's one of the side things in Gen 5, like those little mini games Nintendo likes to put in their games. Add to the shimmer of Pokémon I guess. :O

12. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    I can accept the old things like the Contests and Musicals. But I was more pointing out that this is the first time you have to actually participate in one of them.

13. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I liked Contests better, like Fizzy said, there was more of a strategy to it than just using this move or that move.

14. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    But another reason why Pokestar studios is a bit better In my opinion is you all kinda stories and if you mess up and pick one wrong lines the whole audience is like "What the Hell" and it's like your trainer is losing Street Cred lol.

15. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I loved contests because I would always imagine the contests were like anime. (Though not at all) And I mean when you beat a skitty with a graveler in a cute contest, you know you're doing something right.

16. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Both of them are okay, though I did do contests more than Pokestar Studios. They both have their pros and cons.

17. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I feel like OR/AS contests are gonna top this so much with Mega Evolution and stuff, and the cool new costumes. It's going to be a blast, that's for sure.

18. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    Yeah, I can't wait to mega evolve something in the middle of a contest. And with the great graphics and actual animations this time around, I'll be sure to spend a lot of time in contests just watching my Pokémon be awesome. :)

19. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Oh yeah, I forgot they could mega evolve in the middle of contests! That'll be fun to see. I'm getting really excited about contests returning, that's for sure. I miss spinning pokeblocks.

20. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,571.9
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I preferred doing tournaments instead, especially the type tournament. It was the whole reason I made an electric team in that gen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.