1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Cooking! What do you like to make/eat?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jeydis, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Home cooked meals are great, what are some of your favorites? And if you do cook yourself, which ones do you love preparing?

My favorite one that I made in recent memory was a raclette for my mom where I pulled out all the stops and got lots of different foods and cheeses to try out.

EDIT: Food pics are encouraged :D will post mine a bit later.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  2. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I love me some pinto beans, especially mashed. I’m Mexican so that’s kinda the norm in my house. My favorite way to make them is to just add garlic and to the beans while they’re burlin’ and then you put them in the fridge overnight. Then, in the morning, you put a pan on the stove. Next, you chop up some onions and put them in the pan with oil and let them fry up and get some nice color. Next, you add the beans and let them hear a up a bit and then you mash them. Boom, a delicious breakfast full of iron.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Filipino cŭisine is best~ Tinola, Pakbet, Nilaga, Sopas, Adobo, Ginisa, Inasal, there are sō many~!

4. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I don't like complex things. I just settle for the classic mac & cheese most of the time or ramen.

5. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I stopped cooking b/c I don't have the time to actually eat it. I love my mom's home cooking though. I love her veggies.

6. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    While I like the versatility of the meat, I try to avoid prepping chicken when I cook; the texture of raw chicken grosses me out, and it's a pain in the neck to try and trim off the excess fat (and don't get me started about the bones). I far prefer beef and fish over all other meats (all of which I have experience in breaking down due to my culinary background; the only thing that chicken beats fish in is deboning).

With that said, my favorite dish to eat is chicken alfredo; my favorite dish to cook, though, is chili. I'm getting closer and closer to perfecting my spice combination, but being in college I don't have much chance to cook for myself.

7. Iopdev

Iopdev Dragonair Enthusiast

Ceto
    (Dragonair)
    Level 46
    PokéPoints:
    ₽143.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I absolutely love cooking! I try to cook atleast twice a week. One of my absolute favorite things to cook/make are Molten Lava cakes! They are super hard to make but so worth it!

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  8. Punk

Punk School Kid

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽29.8
    *sigh* everyone has a unique taste and they all know how to make things. I cut my foot making my favorite food...cereal.

9. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    They are on my list of things to try, found a great recipe for them just have to find a good time to do the prep.
    ----------
    I gave myself the challenge to cook for my mother and boyfriend every once in a while and try something they have never made.
    Today was Pineapple curry fried rice! (Recipe from Binging with Babish found here)

Considering the cooking method from the video ended up not working out (I doubled the recipe but ended up with too much water), I was able to save the rice by putting it in the rice cooker. Ended up being sticky and soft but it absorbed all the other flavors really well.

Also glad this post is taking off, I am just getting into cooking so its great seeing others opinions and recipes.

10. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Everyone starts out that way, even though it may not seem that way. Start out with simple dishes and work your way up; you'll find your favorite dish before too long. Take it from an old man - it's never too late to start, if you have the heart. ^_^

11. Punk

Punk School Kid

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽29.8
    *wipes tear* thanks man

12. Friskian

Friskian Hex Maniac

Enemy Stand
    (Trickster)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    only a sandwich for me,a normal sandwich....
    with a lot of meats Just a sandwich ^_^

13. WhiteDragonAura

Cyndaquil
    (Quilava)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.7
    I'm terrible when it comes to cooking for real, but I do like to grill burgers and hot dogs. :)

14. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I never cook anything too fancy (the usual pasta mainly, lol) but reading through this is giving me some desires to try new things. Generally I'm not a fan of most meat and prefer chicken so it's my preference of what to make and eat. Peeling potatoes is the worst as far as cooking goes...yet fried potatoes taste so delicious, so I have to suck it up. T_T

This sounds delicious! Definitely a breakfast I'd love to have. ^_^