1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Core Pokemon Game- ON THE SWITCH?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Cadbberry, Jun 13, 2017.

?

Are you excited for the new games announced at E3?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    In the E3 video Nintendo revealed that there will be a new core Pokémon game on the new switch console in a year. What game will it be? Possibly the DP remakes or something new. Does this mark the end of the 3DS? What do you guys think is coming!?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Darcy

Darcy Strongest Blade in Valor

Eurydice
    (Brione)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,068.1
    Philosopher's CowlPsychium Z ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I, like many people, am hoping for remakes of Generation 4 on the Switch, though the likelihood of the remakes isn't high. I think the most likely thing is Generation 8, but here's hoping.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  3. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I think it'll be something new, I see them keeping the remakes on the 3DS to keep it relevant and push a newer generation onto the Switch. The only thing making me hesitant on this is that it might be a bit early for a new gen.

4. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Hhhh I'm excite! Though it still feels a little too soon for a new gen. But HHHH! So excited!!

5. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    That is why I am thinking it may be a remake, of they want to draw in an older audience they might try to aim for remakea on the switch that way people who enjoyed the original games would go back to get this one, on a new game system.

6. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I hope that it isn't the DP remakes, mainly because I don't have a switch, or the money for one (plus while it is portable, it doesn't feel AS portable as the 3DS) I want my favorite games remade onto the 3DS so I can enjoy them anew

7. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I think it will be something more along the lines of Colosseum or XD: Gale of Darkness. Maybe a remake of one of the two.

8. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    That could actually be really cool, bring together some of the elements of the old console games, give it a fresh story and coat of aint, and maybe even make it able to be some sortof tournament moderator for gathering battlers. There's a lot of potential down that route.

9. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I think it would be fun to have the switch be the new portable game console from Nintendo. Its been a long time since we had something that wasn't the same stuff repackaged. I would like to see the switch become a fun place for all Nintendo game. Also it makes it so that people don't have to buy two consoles if they want games from both systems and the screens bigger. That last part helps with my bad eyes.

10. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    In my personal opinion, I think it'll be something we'll never expected before. So to say, this game taking place in a region we've visited before but in the present day, containing some new mons that were never in that region before(Probably some new mons that wasn't in the Alola region either), new gym leaders, new e4, old starters, etc. It's something that GF never done before and I think this'll be the perfect opportunity for them to do exactly that. It's not a remake. It's more so of a...re-visit. And it's being taken place within the same Gen, too. Cause taking place in a new gen would seem...weird.

Or they could make a Gen 4 remake on the switch with some drastic improvements even Platinum makes from the OG Diamond and Pearl.

Or as some may say, a new Gen. Though, Gen 7 ending at USM would seem odd but then again, Gen 6 ended at a remake and Gen 5 ended at a sequel. So I won't mind Gen 7 ending at...an odd combination of a sequel/alternate-verse.

11. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,645.7
    I would love a Gen 4 remake, but I also want another sequel to Pokémon XD: Gales of Darkness. According to the Orre Region games, Cipher is global, not just within Orre.

12. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    No main game for the Switch, please. I don't have a Switch, and they are quite expensive. I have a brother who also enjoys Pokémon, and we'd have to buy two Switches, and two games since we'd both want to play until we finish. In fact, I'm kinda doubting they'll do a main game. The mechanics would be different, that's for sure. I guess they could do it to get more money though...

13. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I have to agree with that, I was kinda expecting DP remakes during Pokémon Direct, but oh well. Here's hoping that the Gen 4 remakes won't get released for Switch (Or at least, make it available for Switch AND the 3DS, but that'll be highly unlikely.)

14. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Well, a main game was confirmed for the Switch and I am actually quite curious to see what will happen with it.

15. Aewynessa

Pidgey
    (Pidgey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽219.4
    Staff of VerityCrown of ValorBig Nugget ★★★★★
    To be honest, I can quite clearly see GameFreak putting the highly anticipated Diamond and Pearl remakes on the Switch. It's the easiest way to transition their Pokémon audience, new and old, to their new platform, especially considering that they've already released the newest and grandest Zelda game on it. They obviously want fans to move to the Switch since it's more powerful than the 3DS, opening up more avenues for improved games, while still have access to portability.

However, I honestly believe that the core game coming to the Switch will be the next generation. They did say that it would be next year at the earliest, meaning that it could be pushed two years from now. That speaks of definite time commitment, so the next generation being the "new core game" is a plausible theory. If they were just releasing remakes, they would most likely spell out next year as the definite release period since they already have a basis upon which to work.

I don't doubt, however, that a sequel to the Orre region games may come out. This is the least likely event to occur, though, since the Orre games have the least attention in regards to "core RPG"-style Pokémon games.