1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Country roads, take me home

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dawn, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Are you a country person, or a city person? Do you enjoy walks in the wilderness, or do you need the trappings of human civilisation to feel comfortable? Are you comfortable where you live, or would you prefer to live somewhere more urban or rural?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    The wide-open country is too open for me, but the city is too crowded (to the point where downtown NYC or one of the other large coastal cities trigger a mild form of claustrophobia). With that said, I can find comfort in just about any setting in-between.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I grew up in a small town where everyone knew everyone's business, and it did not work in my favor. I was the only autistic child, and everyone treated me and my family terribly.

So it's safe to say I enjoy the city, I like that if come across someone awful you'll likely never see them again, and you don't have to travel that far to your destinations.

4. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    I grew up in the city, then moved to the country to care for the animals I see daily nowadays. I prefer to be home in the country, since the air is so fresh and the people are actually quite nice. Plus, it's actually a fairly quiet and helpful community where I live.

5. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,111.9
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I live and have grown up in in what I believe is an in-between area of rural and urban (probably more urban than rural). I prefer the in-between area over mostly rural or mostly urban. It’s a mix of both without either being too much.

6. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I grew up in a small city (around 190,000 if you count suburbs) for my first twelve years. Ever since, I’ve lived in a town of about 30,000. As beautiful as Oregon’s countryside is, I preferred the small city. You didn’t have drive a half hour just to find a Best Buy or some other store chain. I also had more options when it came to schools. Once I’m out of college I will probably move somewhere close to a small city. Probably with no more that half a million people. It just sounds more familiar to me.

7. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    I live in a crappy city. It's about a medium sized city. I would rather live more out to the country because I feel better when surrounded by nature and not by people.

8. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I grew up in the country and I plan to stay in the country cause I don't want to be so close to people that I can hear their conversations from my backyard and besides that, I liked it when our neighbor's dogs would come for a visit.

9. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    This. One of the most underrated drawbacks of living in rural areas. You literally need to drive to be able to get anywhere. You can't walk to the grocery store or to school or to the car repair shop or to a restaurant or to anywhere, and there's a bit of negative health impact due to all of that sitting in cars, not to mention the time wasted taking 25+ minutes each direction just for groceries or a hair cut. Less time moderately exercising by walking or riding a bike, more time staring at license plates, and the reduced quantity and quality of life those entail.

So yeah, I'm a bit more in favor of the city than the country. Don't get me wrong, it's nice living in a place where I'm pretty sure I won't be robbed at gunpoint on my way home from work, but it would be good to be at a place that has things near it.

10. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I grew up in a rather large town that sat right next to great pine forest. That being said, I love being next to the wilderness of the great pines. Even though I'm living in a very green city right now, the absence of the forest is wearing on me. I like to live somewhere where I can wonder the forests easily and generally cities don't have that option.

11. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I'm a mutt because I have preferences to both for different reasons. I do like the country for the wide open spaces and being alone, but cities are great for meeting and being around people and there is more to do in cities.

12. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I don't know if I would like to live in a large, busy city like New York something like that, because it would just be too big and far too many people. However, I currently live in a small town, and I absolutely hate it. I have to drive an hour to do anything interesting, and there aren't many job opportunities nearby, which is pretty stressful too. I think my preference would be a smaller city, where there are plenty of opportunities, but isn't too crowded.