1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Creatémon Challenge: March 2022

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by BZRich64, Mar 3, 2022.

1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,983.4
    Creatémon Challenge: March 2022

What Is The Creatémon Challenge?

The Creatémon (that's "Create-A-'Mon") Challenge is a monthly event where you, the wonderful members of Lake Valor, can work on creating your own Pokémon that fits within a certain theme that changes from month to month.

Rules & Regulations

• Each entry must include a name, type and visual representation in order to account. Other details may be included but are not required.
    • Any art style can be used for the visual part of the entry.
    • All submissions must contain at least one Fakemon or alternate form created specifically for the event. Evolutions/pre-evolutions/alternate forms of official Pokémon will be accepted unless stated otherwise in the monthly them. Evolutions, etc. of pre-existing fakemon that you created may be included in an entry as long as you add at least one new form for the event, which must be specified in your post.
    • Entries may be submitted as individuals or worked on in teams. If you want to work in a group, then one member will submit the entry here, with a list of everyone who worked on it and what they did.
    • Submissions and winners may be shared on the official Lake Valor Twitter account (@lakevalorforums), but only with the artist's permission.
    • All submissions must follow the rules of Lake Valor. No offensive or NSFW content.
    • Absolutely no plagiarism. Any participant caught plagiarizing will be disqualified.
    This Month's Theme: Grass-type Pokémon

The theme this month is to make a Grass-type Pokémon (whether or not they have a secondary type is up to you). The main thing that connects Pokémon of this type is that they have some connection to plant life (or fungi, which aren't actually plants) whether it be as a living plant creature or simply having plants growing on their body in some capacity. Most Grass-type Pokémon are also predominately green, but this isn't a hard-set rule and many don't have any green in their designs at all. Now go out there and make a Grass-type Pokémon!

Important Notice
    : In case you missed it last month, we will now be sharing Creatémon submissions and the contest winners on the new Lake Valor Twitter account (@lakevalorforums). But only if you provide us with your express permission in your submission post (also share your twitter handle if you want us to credit you that way, or we can credit you by your LV name if you prefer), or you can share your work on Twitter yourself and let us know so that we can retweet it.

Prizes:

1st Place: 100 pp
    2nd Place: 75 pp
    3rd Place: 50 pp
    Consolation Prize: 10 pp

All Entries Must Be Submitted by the end of the month. Any posts submitted or edited after that point in time will be disqualified. The voting thread will be opened shortly after that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    [​IMG]
    Bunactus
    Grass Type
    Pre-evolved form of Maractus
    Based on the early stages of a Bunny Ear Catcus with a Prickly Pear bud (both catcus are part of Maractus's design)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    sketch1648508583801.png Drafaea, the fae Pokémon
    Typing: Grass/fairy
    Pokédex entry: This Pokémon dances to attract the attention of others and compel them to give it presents.
    Based off of the hammer orchid, because that thing legit looks like it's dancing.

4. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,884.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Alright, I may have bit of a bit more than I anticipated, but I'm very excited to present my fakemon this month:
    Seedapt Line.png
    Seedapt - The seedapt seed varies in taste by its origin. Some can be sweeter than others. All are excellent when lightly roasted and shelled.

Spepper - while many people will eat speppers whole, they also can be great chopped and combined into a salsa. Excellent for chip dipping.

Hydromelon - Hydromelon are a classic summer treat. Even the indigestible seeds inside can be great fun to have spitting contests with, and the sweet water inner flesh is delicious.

Wheatberry - Wheatberries are best served sliced, chilled, and covered in a sweet thick Milbank cream. Others might prefer dipping them into chocolate whole and eating them right off the stem.

Staddish - when eaten raw, they can be bitter and hard to swallow, but Staddish taste much sweeter when roasted.

Kiwing - A delicious tart fruit, kiwing are generally served sliced in half. The inner flesh is eaten out of the outer rind.

Appstral - Appstral can range from sweet to tart depending on where exactly they are raised. They make an excellent pie filling, so long as the seeds are removed properly

Kohlorobber - Kohlorobber make an excellent health crispy snack. For extra fun, you can cut them into strips for a healthy french fry alternative.

Bonklli - Bonklli can be a tough sell for many, but can also be quite the treat when steamed and served with cheddar cheese sauce.

Careit - Careit make solid additions to many dishes. They can be shredded, sliced, boiled or even mashed for young toddlers.

Lettence- Lettence are found in many places. Making them into a salad is a very easy way to eat them.

Chairy - Chairy make a great jam, though gathering enough, removing the pit, stems, and wings, and processing the fruit can take a lot of effort.

Drakayha- Drakahya are a rare treat in many places. They are best eaten by slicing the fruit in half and digging into the soft flesh inside with a spoon.

Ruebarb - Ruebarb can be tart and hard to eat fresh, but a little preparation can make it into great desserts. These typically require soaking it in sugar for a time to counter the natural tartness.

Pinacid - Fresh Pinacid can actually cause birds to the tongue from their leftover acid, but the natural sweet and tart of it can attract hungry mouths.

Beetrootle - Beetrootle are not a go to for many. They can be roasted and served sliced, to great effect. When juiced the deep red can even be used to dye many things, a quality to be aware of when cooking.

Cocopalm - Nothing says tropical like Cocopalm. They have a very sweet liquid inside, and their inner flesh can eaten, or dried and shredded onto any number of desserts

Spudirt - Spudirt are very versatile. They can be chopped, fried, boiled, mashed, stewed, or baked. Basically the only wrong way to eat them is raw.
    While all the names and designs are fresh and new for seedapt, the idea is actually based on an old idea I had forever ago. I made my own knockoff Pokémon region with my own designs. The project was never anything more than me using the basic framework of the Pokémon games I enjoy to design my own twist on the concept. The commin (this was the name of my monsters, and I think it had something to do with the word comet as the arrive to the world in a massive meteor strike) were very simple in design, and my world only had a bare handful of types compared to Pokémon. Of the designs I made, Seedlo (seedapt's base) was my favorite, and worked like Eevee.

For this I have done a lot of redesigns. The original evolutions were more like tree type plants, and I'm not gonna lie, it was a little crazy to try and do ALL the types. But I think past me would be proud in a way. ^_^

This may be used in the twitter.

5. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,983.4
    [​IMG]
    Tropical Cubone, the Solitary Pokémon
    Type: Grass
    Abilities: Inner Focus, Lightning Rod, Battle Armor (Hidden Ability)
    Unlike most Cubone, these rare specimens don't seem to mourn their lost mothers, instead choosing to dawn masks made from dried coconuts wander their home islands in pursuit of great challenges to overcome.

Tropical Marowak, the Solitary Pokémon
    Types: Grass/Fighting
    Abilities: Intimidate, Lightning Rod, Battle Armor (Hidden Ability)
    When they evolve, the coconut masks they were fuse to their heads. They are known to perform elaborate dances to intimidate their opponents before battle.

As I was trying to think of what to make for this month's challenge, the idea of a Cubone wearing a coconut on its head instead of a skull popped into my head, and the design came together pretty quickly. I was originally going to give it an original evolution called Coprarior, a combination of copra (a term for dried coconuts) and warrior, but the design wasn't coming together very well so I settled on a Marowak variant instead.

6. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Made a sprite edit of a Ghost/Steel (right) Fakemon I made to get a Ghost/Grass (left) form. This is Spirox, the left form is Ancient and the right is Modern / the base form. The one on the left is the one I'll be focusing on here since the one on the right is not Grass-type and I also made that form last year. Origin is that they're haunted jack-in-the-boxes, Ancient form is made out of wood and instead of having a metal spring constraining it, it has wooden splinters stuck in its chest.