1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Creatémon Challenge: May 2020

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by BZRich64, May 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    Monthly Creatémon Challenge
    May 2020

What Is The Creatémon Challenge?

The Creatémon (that's "Create-A-'Mon") Challenge is a new monthly event where you, the wonderful members of Lake Valor, can work on creating your own Pokémon that fits within a certain theme that changes from month to month.

How To Participate

Including artwork of your Pokémon idea is recommended and any art-style works, though if you feel that you lack artistic ability, then you can include a description instead (note that you are unlikely to score very well without some sort of visual accompaniment, though). In addition to this, you'll also want to add other details to go with it. The only required information that you'll need are a name and typing, but you can also add abilities, it's move-set, height, weight, egg group, stats, evolutions or pre-evolutions, alternate forms, associated held items, or anything else you can think of.

Other Rules & Regulations

• All submissions must follow the rules of Lake Valor. This mostly means that you shouldn't include anything offensive or NSFW.
    • Entries can be worked on by groups. If you want to work in a group, then choose one member of your group to submit your entry, compiled into a single post and crediting everyone in your group with what exactly each of you did.
    This Month's Theme: Flowers

There's an old saying: "April showers bring May flowers". Well, it's May now, so theoretically the flowers should be here. And if they aren't, then we'll bring them ourselves with this month's challenge. This month's Creatémon all have to incorporate flowers into their design in some way, though they do not necessarily have to be Grass-type. There are too many official Pokémon that fit into this category to list, so I won't.

Prizes:

1st Place: 100 pp
    2nd Place: 75 pp
    3rd Place: 50 pp
    Consolation Prize: 10 pp

All Entries Must Be Submitted By Thursday, May 28th at 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time. Any posts made after that point in time will be disqualified. The voting thread will be opened shortly after that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    RadEmpoleon likes this.
  2. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    [Artwork is a WIP]
    Name: Mimectar
    The Mimic Pokémon
    Type: Grass/Dark
    Abilities: Sticky Hold / Mimicry

Image:
    [​IMG]
    Description: They use their clever bug impersonation to attract larger, predatory bugs for a quick meal. Their bright green bodies don't move much but for the fly shaped flowers that it shakes temptingly, that is until they strike with their claws.

Based on Fly Orchids:
    upload_2020-5-9_13-14-10.png

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 May 9, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
  3. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Here are my 2 Pokémon!
    3D6E72DC-FA14-47D1-82B8-30C187343C16.png Fleurly, the Bud Pokémon
    Types: Grass/Fairy
    “Fleurly is a curious Pokémon that likes to examine various flowers in gardens. However, it will scurry away if it surprised by a Bug Pokémon.”
    Evolves into Effgloresse at level 33 during the morning.
    5236BB57-9963-4070-8C88-4C7041BCE295.png
    Effgloresse, the Twilight Bloom Pokémon
    Types: Grass-Dark
    “It seems that twilight affected its disposition when it evolved. Effgloresse are incredibly mischievous, fooling others with its beautiful appearance before releasing toxic pollen from its petals.”
    Fleurly and Effgloresse are based on the morning glory, which only blooms during the morning.
    F5F3760B-A9C7-42F8-80D3-FFE630038F48.jpeg

#3 May 13, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
  4. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I had some fun with this one.
    Frolotus 1.jpg Frolotus, the lotus pokémon.
    Type: Water/Poison
    Pokédex entry: Frolotus is not a strong Pokémon, but it is cunning. When it hunts, it sits patiently in the water, looking like a regular flower, and waits for its prey comes to it.
    I don't normally make shiny versions of my Pokémon, but I had to put my picture on my computer and edit it there anyways, because the file from my phone was too big, so I figured I might as well make a shiny, since I was editing it anyways. Frolotus 2.jpg
    Three things inspired me. The lotus flowers, a poison dart frog, and the venus fly trap.

5. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    I've been struggling all month to figure out what I wanted to do, but eventually settled on this.
    [​IMG]
    Mega Roserade (Mega evolves from Roserade with a Roserite)
    Type: Grass/Poison
    Ability: Poison Point
    Pokédex Entry: Mega evolving has caused this rose to grow thorns. It's said that a single blast of its rose cannons has enough poison to knock out a Donphan.

6. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,884.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    almost forgot to post the Pokémon designs!
    I actually struggled with this a little, and I'm not as satisfied with this design as I could have been.
    Create-a-mon May.png
    Sproutfant is grass type and Fightlora is Grass fighting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.