1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Creatémon Challenge: November 2020

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by BZRich64, Nov 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    Creatémon Challenge: November 2020

What Is The Creatémon Challenge?

The Creatémon (that's "Create-A-'Mon") Challenge is a monthly event where you, the wonderful members of Lake Valor, can work on creating your own Pokémon that fits within a certain theme that changes from month to month.

Rules & Regulations

• Each entry must include a name, type and visual representation in order to account. Other details may be included but are not required.
    • Any art style can be used for the visual part of the entry.
    • All submissions must contain at least one Fakemon or alternate form created specifically for the event. Evolutions/pre-evolutions/alternate forms of official Pokémon will be accepted unless stated otherwise in the monthly them. Evolutions, etc. of pre-existing fakemon that you created may be included in an entry as long as you add at least one new form for the event, which must be specified in your post.
    • Entries may be submitted as individuals or worked on in teams. If you want to work in a group, then one member will submit the entry here, with a list of everyone who worked on it and what they did.
    • All submissions must follow the rules of Lake Valor. This means that your entry can not include any offensive or NSFW content.
    • Absolutely no plagiarism. Any participant caught plagiarizing will be disqualified.
    This Month's Theme: Food

I know the fanbase tends to have a love/hate relationship with food-based Pokémon, but let's design some of our own anyway? But just because they have to be based off of food doesn't mean that they have to be made out of food. In fact, I don't think any of the official food Pokémon are. The Vanillite line, for example, are living icicles that cover themselves with snow so that they don't melt, which makes them look like ice cream cones. Meanwhile, Farfetch'd is based off of an old Japanese saying about a duck carrying onions, which basically makes it a stew ready to be made. And Sinistea and Polteageist are ghosts haunting a teacup and tea kettle. I want to you get creative with this one, and see how wild you can get with the theme! (Though if you want to be mundane, that works too.)

Prizes:

1st Place: 200 pp + Oktoberfest Winner's Medal '20
    2nd Place: 150 pp + Oktoberfest Participants Medal '20
    3rd Place: 100 pp + Oktoberfest Participants Medal '20
    Consolation Prize: Oktoberfest Participants Medal '20

All Entries Must Be Submitted By Saturday, November 28th at 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time. Any posts submitted or edited after that point in time will be disqualified. The voting thread will be opened shortly after that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I feel like these guys don't resemble food nearly enough, but they are indeed inspired by food, so technically it counts.
    sketch1605116142302.png Sumoshimi, the crouching Pokémon.
    Typing: Water/Fighting
    Pokédex entry: When this Pokémon is ready for a fight, it tucks its tail between its legs so it won't have to worry about tripping over it. (The blue/yellow gradient part around its waist is its tucked up tail)
    sketch1605116193477.png Sumoshi, the wrestling Pokémon.
    Typing: Water/Fighting
    Pokédex entry: These Pokémon are always challenging each other. When they fight, the winner takes the loser's seaweed mask and sash. The more worn through a Sumoshi's seaweed is, the more revered and respected they are, because it's a sign of their strength.
    This Pokémon started off as puns. Sumo + sushi = sumoshi. It was kinda interesting to come up with the names first and base the designs off of them. Both Sumoshimi and Sumoshi are based off of yellowfin tuna, or ahi tuna, because it's a common fish for both sashimi and sushi.
    I was a little reluctant about their names sounding so similar to each other, but then I remembered Pidgey, Pidgeotto, and Pidgeot, and then there's Exeggcute and Exeggutor.

3. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    November’s Pokémon, and a design from my personal fan region (that will likely never go very far)
    7B245558-2E4A-42CD-9C86-77576D4613DC.png
    This Pokémon is based on both blueberries and porcupines.
    Sprocupette rely on the adult Spinoberry to protect them from danger as their back and tails have yet to grow the defensive spines.
    Shrubcupine have just begun to develop the defensive spines, and will typically leave their home prickle to meet new Pokémon and grow stronger.
    Spinoberry will settle down and begin to raise families, if you gain their trust, they will let you eat the berries that grow on their spines.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    [​IMG]

Escarot
    Rock/Poison
    Sturdy / Klutz (Poison Heal)

Ommolusk
    Rock/Poison
    Sturdy / Justified (Poison Heal)

Both based on the Century Egg, with Ommolusk also drawing from Rock Candy.

5. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    upload_2020-11-27_11-37-40.png
    Chesrunt (Grass) - Name is derived from Chestnut + Runt
    Stats - 50/40/60/70/40/40
    Abilities - Chlorophyll/Flash Fire/Rough Skin
    Pokédex Entries -
    "Chesrunt's tough body was once preyed on by enemies that wielded fire, so its outer shell adapted to be able to withstand extremely high temperatures."
    "Its spikes have velcro-like qualities that make them latch onto most things they touch. People exploring forests must be cautious and avoid this Pokémon."

upload_2020-11-27_23-20-48.png
    Chesrough (Grass) - Name is simply derived from Chestnut + Rough
    Stats - 70/60/90/90/50/50
    Abilities - Chlorophyll/Flash Fire/Rough Skin
    Pokédex Entries -
    "After evolving, Chesrough will often stay together with Chesrunt to act as their older sibling. Even if they don't accomplish much, they are often proud of their actions."
    "Despite the grumpy look on its face, Chesrough is very friendly. Its elegant form makes it a prime mascot for many local flower stores."

upload_2020-11-27_15-25-56.png
    Castarupt (Grass/Fire) - Name is derived from Erupt + somewhat of a double meaning of Castanea (scientific name for Chestnut) and "cast flame"
    Stats - 80/79/102/120/70/70
    Abilities - Chlorophyll/Flame Body/Rough Skin
    Pokédex Entries -
    "The once delicious center of a Chesrunt is now completely made up of flames upon evolving for a second time. The brown shells surrounding them are completely burnt."
    "Castarupt typically prefer being alone to being with others. Only trainers that can respect this while still showing care are able to train one."

All Together -
    upload_2020-11-27_23-33-35.png

Additional Notes -
    - This entire line has a 100% chance to be female.
    - Castarupt has arms, but you typically can't see them through its hair. Those brown parts over its torso are like shoulder pads. I might draw a bad MS Paint sketch to show what it looks like without its hair later, before submissions end.
    - Chesrunt is harmless towards others, Chesrough is polite towards others, and Castarupt likes being alone. Chesrunt and Chesrough still have their insides intact, while Castarupt's are on fire. This is intentional; it's a subtle joke that Castarupt's personality is...a shell of her former self's! That was probably not a very good joke, but oh well. Fun detail all the same.
    - Competitively, this Pokémon will have Shell Smash with those stats, plus access to Grass, Fire, and Fairy moves. It'll struggle to beat opposing Fire-types and isn't the fastest thing even after a Shell Smash boost, but not a bad Pokémon regardless.
    - What's it based on? Roasted chestnuts, of course! I kicked it up a notch with the final stage and made it full-on flames. Although the first two aren't even Fire-type yet, they still have the flame pattern scorched onto their bodies to fit the theming.
    - I got this idea in kind of a stupid way. My friend mistook one of my other designs for a chestnut, and while I was like "no this is an egg," the idea kind of stuck with me. It's kind of perfect for several projects I'm working on, including...
    - The Create-a-Region project might really want something like this. I'll spare the details but there are several reasons why chestnuts are pretty closely attached to the areas surrounding the Great Lakes, and this also fits the "feminine plant Pokémon" bill that every region has debatably had. Think about it: Gen 2 has had Bellossom, Gen 3 has Roselia, then Roserade, Lilligant, Florges, Tsareena, and Eldegoss. The only one that doesn't have something like this is debatably Gen 1, but even then you could stretch it and say Tangela is a Medusa head and Medusa is female.
    - I don't like signature moves on random Pokémon, but a new move this Pokémon and others may have would be one I made called Wildfire. It's a Fire-type Special Attack that's not the strongest out there, but its power gets boosted by a good amount if there is any form of Terrain active, kind of implying that the Wildfire is burning up parts of the ground.

#5 Nov 27, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.