1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Creatémon Challenge Voting: March

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by BZRich64, Mar 29, 2020.

?

March Creatémon

1. Puckah (Gazi)

42.9%
  2. Galarian Luvdisc & Clovdisc (RadEmpoleon)

28.6%
  3. Cloviper & Clobra (HiddenLore)

28.6%
  1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    Here are the three submissions for this month's Creatémon Challenge. The month's theme was green in honor of Saint Patrick's Day but all of our participants chose to go more into the spirit of holiday than just color, resulting in some very creative designs.
    [​IMG] Puckah, the Trickster pokémon.
    Typing: Fairy/Dark
    Pokédex entry: This pokémon is very mischevious, and often shifts its shape to fool people and play pranks on them. It is unknown if this pokémon's most common appearance is its original form.
    I wanted to create a pokémon with Irish or Celtic inspiration, since the theme for this month is based on St. Patrick's Day. Since I like mythology, I decided to base my pokémon off of an Irish legend or myth, and I chose the shapeshifting creature, Pooka, which often takes the forms of a horse, goat, dog, cat, or rabbit. I tried to encorporate elements from each of those animals in this pokémon's design.
    I was on the fence about the typing until I actually wrote out it's pokédex entry. I thought about fairy/grass, because of the green, but I realized it's mischevious nature was much better suited for a dark type. I know all this background information isn't necessary, I just thought it was interesting.
    [​IMG]
    (If you were wondering, the smaller pictures of Galarian Luvdisc and Clovdisc are of them with their fins fully stretched out. As you can tell, they’re supposed to resemble 3 and 4 leaf clovers.) (also side note Clovdisc is pronounced like clove disc.)
    [​IMG]
    along with it's shiny form both cloviper and Clobra have a rare lucky form. It's easiest to tell with Clobra,since it now has four leaves;
    Pokédex:
    Cloviper hides in the grass, disguising itself while it waits for prey to venture too close.

It's said that if you can find a four leaf clobra you will have good luck for a year.

Abilities:
    Chlorophyll - Boosts speed in harsh sun
    Flower Gift - Boosts the Attack and Sp. Def stats of itself and allies in harsh sunlight.
    (Hidden) Lucky Hit - Increases chance of dealing a critical hit

Prizes:
    1st Place: 100 pp
    2nd Place: 75 pp
    3rd Place: 50 pp
    Consolation Prize: 10 pp

All Entries Must Be Submitted By Wednesday, April 1st at 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time. The winners will be announced shortly after and prizes will be distributed accordingly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    It was a bad month for me to leave my sketchbook and good pens at work :( this would've been fun to workshop. Going for Gazi's Puckah! Tying in the color theme as well as the regional lore of Celtic myth was a really cool idea. Plus Puca's are so under represented in media I was happy to see one get Pokémon-ized. Gaijin Goomba would be proud!

I do love the artwork for the other two though, you guys did great!

For the luvdisc and evo I feel like more variance between the two would have helped. That evolution method is super neat if frustrating, hah!

For the cute snakes, it was a close call to get my vote. I have a huge bias for reptiles of any kind and I love the touch of using the little bundle of clover flowers as the tail "rattle" great design choice. It was really close!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    Well, this is different. We actually have ourselves a three way tie this month! @Gazi @RadEmpoleon and @HiddenLore have all managed to get exactly two points this time around. That means that everyone who participated this month managed to get 1st place. I certainly didn't see that coming. Points will be distributed shortly.
    The next challenge has already begun and can be found here, so check it out if you're interested.