1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Creatémon Voting: April 2021

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by BZRich64, May 2, 2021.

?

April Creatémon

Poll closed May 5, 2021.
  1. Kalaskan Wooper (HiddenLore)

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Unovan Wooper (Gazi)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Meroian Wooper (BZRich64)

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    Another month comes to a close, and with it are three original variants of Wooper submitted for this challenge. I find it interesting just how different each of these three manage to be from each other despite all using Wooper as the base.

My go to Region for these is Kalaska, my fan region based in Alaska. So may I present the Kalaskan Wooper
    [​IMG]

Wooper - Ice Body, Grass Pelt, Unaware (Hidden)
    Having developed to survive tundra fields, Wooper’s wedge shaped head can dig through the hard ground or snows for food. The snowflake feelers and body patterns can be a variety of shapes.

Here's the Unova regional varient of Wooper and its alternative evolution.

[​IMG]
    Typing: Water/Grass
    Pokédex entry: This Pokémon loves to swim around in warm, murky water.
    Evolution method: Evolves to Axolawmp at level 20

[​IMG]
    Typing: Water/Grass
    Pokédex entry: This Pokémon is incredibly territorial. It will attack any Pokémon that comes too close to its area of the swamp.
    I mostly just wanted to create a variant that was a lot more similar to an axolotl, which Wooper and Quagsire are supposably based off of, but don't really resemble that much.

I designed my Wooper for our community region, Meroi, and will be sharing these over there after this event is over, possibly with a few tweaks.
    [​IMG]
    Meroinian Wooper (Poison/Water)
    The toxic film that Wooper cover themselves in to stay hydrated has become even more potent in specimens found in the lakes of Meroi, in order to offer protection from predators.

Meroinian Quagsire (Poison/Water)
    The Quagsire of the Meroi region are just as easy-going as their counterparts, but are also much more energetic and friendly. This can be a problem for those around it due to the poisonous film that it they use to keep themselves hydrated.

Quagnum (Poison/Fighting)
    This easygoing Pokémon is known to be exceptionally friendly and affectionate, but remains oblivious to its incredible strength and the poison it secretes from its body. Those who find themselves caught in a Quagnum's embrace often find themselves with a few broken bones and a risk of infection.

I decided to base my Wooper off of the Tiger Salamander, a close relative of the Axolotl that can be found in the Great Lakes area (note that Wooper and Quagsire are based off of salamanders in general, not the Axolotl specifically), with a mix of saber-tooth tiger added for fun/pun.

Their poison typing was chosen based off of their color scheme resembling hazardous material warning signs, Wooper's dex entires mentioning that they cover themselves in a poisonous film, and the Tiger Salamander being known to carry diseases that can infect other amphibians.

The name Quagnum is a combination of quagmire (a type of wetland, same as Quagsire is named for), Ambystoma tigrinum (the tiger salamander's scientific name) magnum (a Latin word meaning great) and numb (what you would end up being after it hugs you).

As I mentioned earlier, I will be suggesting this evolution family for the Meroi region project after this event is over.

Prizes:
    1st Place: 100 pp
    2nd Place: 75 pp
    3rd Place: 50 pp

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    We have a tie this month! @HiddenLore and I are both in first place with one vote, while @Gazi is in second place. I'm a bit disappointed that we only had two people actually vote this time (also, I'm rather late posting these results), so let's try to do better for the next vote.
    Anyway, let's congratulate our winners while I distribute prizes. If you want to check out the next challenge, you can find it here: https://lakevalor.net/threads/creatémon-challenge-may-2021.26156/