1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Creatémon Voting: March 2022

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by BZRich64, Apr 3, 2022.

?

March Creatémon

Poll closed Apr 8, 2022.
  1. Bunactis (Shadria)

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Drafaea (Gazi)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Seedapt Line (HiddenLore)

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Tropical Cubone & Marowak (BZRich64)

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Ancient Spirox (Duo)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    We had five entries in last month's challenge, which is the most we've had in a while. Now its up to you to determine who the winners will be. You also get two votes this month, so use them wisely. I'm also extending the voting time from three days to five days, which will be the standard moving forward (unless I forget).
    [​IMG]
    Bunactus
    Grass Type
    Pre-evolved form of Maractus
    Based on the early stages of a Bunny Ear Catcus with a Prickly Pear bud (both catcus are part of Maractus's design)
    [​IMG] Drafaea, the fae Pokémon
    Typing: Grass/fairy
    Pokédex entry: This Pokémon dances to attract the attention of others and compel them to give it presents.
    Based off of the hammer orchid, because that thing legit looks like it's dancing.
    Alright, I may have bit of a bit more than I anticipated, but I'm very excited to present my fakemon this month:

[​IMG]
    Seedapt - The seedapt seed varies in taste by its origin. Some can be sweeter than others. All are excellent when lightly roasted and shelled.

Spepper - while many people will eat speppers whole, they also can be great chopped and combined into a salsa. Excellent for chip dipping.

Hydromelon - Hydromelon are a classic summer treat. Even the indigestible seeds inside can be great fun to have spitting contests with, and the sweet water inner flesh is delicious.

Wheatberry - Wheatberries are best served sliced, chilled, and covered in a sweet thick Milbank cream. Others might prefer dipping them into chocolate whole and eating them right off the stem.

Staddish - when eaten raw, they can be bitter and hard to swallow, but Staddish taste much sweeter when roasted.

Kiwing - A delicious tart fruit, kiwing are generally served sliced in half. The inner flesh is eaten out of the outer rind.

Appstral - Appstral can range from sweet to tart depending on where exactly they are raised. They make an excellent pie filling, so long as the seeds are removed properly

Kohlorobber - Kohlorobber make an excellent health crispy snack. For extra fun, you can cut them into strips for a healthy french fry alternative.

Bonklli - Bonklli can be a tough sell for many, but can also be quite the treat when steamed and served with cheddar cheese sauce.

Careit - Careit make solid additions to many dishes. They can be shredded, sliced, boiled or even mashed for young toddlers.

Lettence- Lettence are found in many places. Making them into a salad is a very easy way to eat them.

Chairy - Chairy make a great jam, though gathering enough, removing the pit, stems, and wings, and processing the fruit can take a lot of effort.

Drakayha- Drakahya are a rare treat in many places. They are best eaten by slicing the fruit in half and digging into the soft flesh inside with a spoon.

Ruebarb - Ruebarb can be tart and hard to eat fresh, but a little preparation can make it into great desserts. These typically require soaking it in sugar for a time to counter the natural tartness.

Pinacid - Fresh Pinacid can actually cause birds to the tongue from their leftover acid, but the natural sweet and tart of it can attract hungry mouths.

Beetrootle - Beetrootle are not a go to for many. They can be roasted and served sliced, to great effect. When juiced the deep red can even be used to dye many things, a quality to be aware of when cooking.

Cocopalm - Nothing says tropical like Cocopalm. They have a very sweet liquid inside, and their inner flesh can eaten, or dried and shredded onto any number of desserts

Spudirt - Spudirt are very versatile. They can be chopped, fried, boiled, mashed, stewed, or baked. Basically the only wrong way to eat them is raw.
    While all the names and designs are fresh and new for seedapt, the idea is actually based on an old idea I had forever ago. I made my own knockoff Pokémon region with my own designs. The project was never anything more than me using the basic framework of the Pokémon games I enjoy to design my own twist on the concept. The commin (this was the name of my monsters, and I think it had something to do with the word comet as the arrive to the world in a massive meteor strike) were very simple in design, and my world only had a bare handful of types compared to Pokémon. Of the designs I made, Seedlo (seedapt's base) was my favorite, and worked like Eevee.

For this I have done a lot of redesigns. The original evolutions were more like tree type plants, and I'm not gonna lie, it was a little crazy to try and do ALL the types. But I think past me would be proud in a way. ^_^
    [​IMG]
    Tropical Cubone, the Solitary Pokémon
    Type: Grass
    Abilities: Inner Focus, Lightning Rod, Battle Armor (Hidden Ability)
    Unlike most Cubone, these rare specimens don't seem to mourn their lost mothers, instead choosing to dawn masks made from dried coconuts wander their home islands in pursuit of great challenges to overcome.

Tropical Marowak, the Solitary Pokémon
    Types: Grass/Fighting
    Abilities: Intimidate, Lightning Rod, Battle Armor (Hidden Ability)
    When they evolve, the coconut masks they were fuse to their heads. They are known to perform elaborate dances to intimidate their opponents before battle.

As I was trying to think of what to make for this month's challenge, the idea of a Cubone wearing a coconut on its head instead of a skull popped into my head, and the design came together pretty quickly. I was originally going to give it an original evolution called Coprarior, a combination of copra (a term for dried coconuts) and warrior, but the design wasn't coming together very well so I settled on a Marowak variant instead.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Made a sprite edit of a Ghost/Steel (right) Fakemon I made to get a Ghost/Grass (left) form. This is Spirox, the left form is Ancient and the right is Modern / the base form. The one on the left is the one I'll be focusing on here since the one on the right is not Grass-type and I also made that form last year. Origin is that they're haunted jack-in-the-boxes, Ancient form is made out of wood and instead of having a metal spring constraining it, it has wooden splinters stuck in its chest.
    Prizes:
    1st Place: 100 pp
    2nd Place: 75 pp
    3rd Place: 50 pp
    Consolation Prize: 10 pp

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    Sorry I'm late with announcing the winners. I got caught up with IRL stuff and it slipped my mind. Anyway, let's get on to the results!
    1st Place: @Shadria
    2nd Place: a tie between @HiddenLore and @BZRich64
    3rd Place: a tie between @Gazi and @Duo
    I'll send out prizes in a moment. In the meantime, let's give all of our contestants a round of applause for their work!