1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Create a new move!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by RadEmpoleon, Jun 14, 2020.

1. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    It’s time to create a brand new move! What move would you want to be put into the games?

I want to see a reverse version of Gravity which would make it so that everyone floats and can’t be hit by ground type attacks. Idk call it Anti-Gravity or something like that. Another thing would be a physical variant of Thunderbolt (since physical electric moves aren’t very good).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Flyg0n

Flyg0n PKMN Breeder

Mojave
    (Trapinch)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽365.8
    Oh boy, a physical thunderbolt would be awesome. Maybe call it Thunder Strike or something?

My husband and I have been discussing a fighting type move. It's 90 power 100 accuracy attack move, called Shadowless Punch. The blurb would probably read something like 'The user bypasses all of the opponents defenses to land a strike that does equal damage regardless of type'.

So basically a solid fighting type move that can hit a Pokémon of any type and deal normal damage, even against ghost types. Of course, you can't deal super effective damage.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    There are many status inflicting moves, and every status has that one move that automatically inflicts the status with 100 accuracy. Confuse ray, static, toxic, but there isn't such move for freezing status. I would make a move that will automatically freeze a person solid. I'd call it Flash Freeze, and it would be a 100 accuracy move that freezes its opposites. To go along with that, I'd make a move called Cold Snap that would do damage only to frozen Pokémon. I'd give these moves only to a select few ice types that can get their bodies really cold like Regice.

4. Flyg0n

Flyg0n PKMN Breeder

Mojave
    (Trapinch)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽365.8
    Flash Freeze sounds really cool! I'd definitely love a move like that, and it could be given to certain ice types that need an extra boost, like Regice (like you said), or Walrein (always thought its move pool could use an edge).

It would also add a twist to the meta and competitive scene

5. 13eevee

Eevee (S)
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    dark charge
    like flame charge it can only be used for fire types dark charge is for dark types like umbreon

6. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    Had a lot of fun ideas I've kind of kept to myself or posted on a Smogon thread for fun ideas. Time to share those!

HEATED BLADE | Fire, Physical | "If the user is Steel-type, that type is removed and replaced with Fire-type."
    Mostly meant for Steel-types. I think moves and abilities that change the user's type are underexplored and can potentially be interesting, and here's an example of what I think they could do at their best. Offensive Steel-types that would use this move would gain access to a much better STAB move that gives them significantly better coverage that also notably lets them hit opposing Steels, but they still lose to the bulky Waters that gave them trouble before.

HEALING FLOWERS | Grass, Status | "Sets Flowers on the user's side of the field. This acts as an entry hazard that heals the user by 1/16th of a grounded ally's max HP every turn. However, they get removed if the user uses Rapid Spin or if either side uses Defog."
    Imagine a hazard that is used to benefit the user rather than harm the opponent. The damage healed off from these can stack up to great numbers over the period of a battle, but it'd become impossible to remove other hazards without removing these, making hazard stacking a great method of counterplay for teams that use this move.

STORMCLOUD | Electric, Status | "If it is raining, a Stormcloud is set on the opponent's side of the field. This will do 1/10th of the opponent's max HP until the Rain ends. Electric-type and Ground-type Pokémon are immune to this."
    Imagine Nightmare, but with something that can actually last. I may boost the damage this does, but the extra chip damage here may be useful for the naturally offensive Rain teams that would run this. You do have to use a turn to set it up and it doesn't last forever, but it just might be enough to turn a teammate's 3HKOs on a target to 2HKOs. More useful against balance teams than offense.

DESTRUCTIVE BLOW | Steel, Physical | "If the opponent gets knocked out from this hit, the user faints."
    I imagine this move will have 140 base power, for reference, but here's this. This is a move that may be helpful for suicide leads to gain momentum and prevent their hazards from being removed, or potentially just a good way for offensive teams to gain momentum in general. Steel really is an awful offensive type though so you're gonna have to find a great opportunity to use this.

ANCIENT SCRIPT | Rock, Status | "-6 Priority. The user readies itself at the beginning of the turn. If the user is hit by a Grass-type move on this turn, all of its stats will be boosted by one stage."
    This move would only be given to Grass-weak Pokémon. Kind of situational, but the reward can be great, so I only imagine it having a use in certain metas. Imagine the sets that could be built around this though with Rindo Berry.

CLEAR BEAM | Normal, Special | "Does not factor in type effectiveness."
    This move I imagine would be pretty weak, but imagine an attacking move that is truly neutral. No strengths, but no weaknesses. I could see this being a great move on boosting sets and is meant to get a STAB boost for a specific Pokémon that already has great boosting sets in a certain Smogon thing I'm working on.

EDIT: Someone posted something conceptually identical in the thread already. I promise you I didn't steal the idea, I was just thinking "how do I incentivise having a Normal-type not wanting to run more than two moves" because an ability I made gives a great boost in power if the user only has two attacks. Great minds think alike, though.

VIRAL INJECTION | Normal, Status | "Always goes last. The opponent Transforms into the user."
    Lastly, a fun move. If the opponent were forced to transform into the user, this would turn the game into a mirror match that could have fun consequences. Switching would be ideal for the Pokémon that I'm giving this to, since it's really defensive, but both sides now have the move. They could just use it again, and the Pokémon that the target goes into that would normally break the Injection user is now transformed, and their options are more limited. I think it would be interesting to see how this plays competitively.

I have a ton of ideas, but those are the coolest I've had in my opinion. Maybe I'll share more later.

#6 Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    Flyg0n, Jeydis and RadEmpoleon like this.
  7. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    upload_2020-7-30_15-34-30.png
    I think both of us are into this Viral Injection idea of yours Duo but for very different reason lol

DuoM2 likes this.
  8. Flyg0n

Flyg0n PKMN Breeder

Mojave
    (Trapinch)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽365.8
    @Duo
    !!!! Those moves sound amazing! The entire concept of an entry boost instead of an entry hazard is such a cool twist. There's so many possibilities! Perhaps even some kind of Fairy-type 'Healing' type move.

Also I actually really like Clear Beam. No weakness, no super effective. Just a guaranteed solid hit. Perfect for normal types honestly. All of those are pretty cool actually, and I'd love to hear more!

Edit: I've always thought some kind of other dual-type move would be interesting. Like Flying Press, but another type combo. Like something called Plasma Burst, and it does electric and fire damage.

Or moves that are supereffective against unusual types. Like how Freeze Dry is supereffective against water-types in addition to the usual. So maybe something called 'Acid Rain' and it deals super effective damage to Steel as well as other types.

#8 Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    DuoM2 likes this.
  9. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    I'm glad you like them! I may share more later, but as a heads up, those are the ones I'm most proud of. The rest may not be as good by comparison.

If we had another dual-type move, although making a new one would still be fun, I'd honestly rather just modify Freeze Shock and Ice Burn to remove the two-turn effect and become Ice/Electric and Ice/Fire respectively. The moves are kind of worthless in their current state, and it fits the theme of the moves better than their current effects, so why not? While Kyurem-Black has seen some rare use out of Freeze Shock, it'd honestly prefer any other physical move, seeing as even Icicle Spear has been useful for it. Coverage like that might be awkward to run, but I dunno.