1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Creating a species

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by awney, Oct 6, 2018.

1. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I think this would be a neat art topic because I have made a species before and I don't see a lot of people on LV talk about them. Mostly on deviantart because that's where they're found the most. But species are animals/creatuers/etc that you make that other people can also make! Have you guys ever made a species yourself? Have you ever made a creature from someone else's species template?

I think a majority of y'all know by now I made the night fright species! It was really tough coming up with all of the ideas that could be a night fright, but in the end I'm pretty ahppy with how they turned out! I've created a creature from someone else's template though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I had a species when I was younger, it was super common for people to do and I deleted it soon after I found out it wasn't good or special. :sweat:

I have made a character off of your Night Fright sheet and I love her very much :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I have a species still in development, some might remember the 2 headed winged serpent like created I've posted a few times on Discord and in my doodle topic. The species is still far from done and I need to sit down and finish it and maybe make a ref sheet of some sort for it too eventually.

4. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    Oh, I thought this was about general creation, like races in a fantasy setting or a monster for a tabletop game.

But I've seen a lot of those templates back when I was on DeviantArt and I always wished I could do one. I'm not really good at all at drawing, especially on tablets--the pens are so hard to get used to, and all the stuff an experienced artist would find simple is really complicated to me. I do want to try sketching again eventually. Maybe I can make a species then.