1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Croconaw's Type Construct Workshop!

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Hraesvelgr, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Croconaw's Construct a Type

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    For this event each team will have to work together to create a new type that’ll fit in with the current 18 we have officially. That’s right you have to create your own type and try balancing it out with resistances, weaknesses and immunities.
    The more detailed your final product is the better so explaining why your team chose what you did will help you greatly in winning. The more it fits in with the existing types the better and keep in mind no type is unbeatable so try to balance it as much as possible.

Rules

Each team is required at bare minimum to gives their type a name, assign weaknesses, resistances (if it has any), immunity (if it has any) and tell which types are effective against, which resist it and so on.

Name: Of course you have to give a name to your type

Effectiveness: What types does yours deal super effective damage to, which types resist it, which are neutral and are any types immune to it?

Resistances: Almost all typed have resistances, try not to make yours indestructible

Weakness: All types have a weakness so be sure to give yours some too

Immunity: Not all types have immunity to something and those that have usually have one for a good reason so keep that in mind

You can go beyond that if you want and tell more about the type itself, what's the types primary role in battle, the average stats of it, moves, general color schemes, anything you can think of to spice it up.

Deadline is 6PM PST July 25th

Prizes

All participants on the winning team will receive 5PP

Each participating team member (that partake in creating the type) will net your team 1 Scramble Point which will be added to your team's stash.

Time to get creative with your team and try to make a awesome new type!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Team Crimson's entry is the [​IMG] type!
    This tricky type is genetically modified to mess with its opponents, and is usually made up of all varieties of precious metals. It was created by the Aether Foundation as a first attempt to destroy the Ultra Beasts, but ultimately failed.
    Super effective against: Bug, Grass, Rock, Ground, Fighting
    Not very effective against: Normal, Dark, Steel, Water
    Weakness to: Psychic, Electric, Forged, Water
    Resistance to: Dragon, Ground
    Porygon, Mewtwo, Banette, Bronzong line, Chimcheo line, Kurstraw, Pangshi, Litwick line, Magnemite line, Genesect, "Food" Pokémon (Vanilite line, ect), Golett, Wormadam-S, Trubbish line, Nosepass line, Arceus, Magearna, Ditto, Honedge line, Voltorb line, Grimer line, the three Regis, Koffing line
    Introducing Hepheon, the Forged-type Eeveelution!
    [​IMG]
    Glitchout - Z-move. Opponent is pixelized and blows up, lowering its Defense stat.
    Gene Tamper - Status move, —% accuracy, 20 PP. Changes opponent's type to Forged, animation makes it look more rigid and constructed
    Plasma Blast - Special move, Power 110, 85% accuracy, 5 PP.
    Radar - Status move, —% accuracy, 10 PP. Prevents the opponent from running away/switching out for 3-5 turns.
    Weathervane - Physical move, Power 75, 100% accuracy, 10 PP. Has a chance to inflict different status conditions depending on the environment.
    Stationary - Status move, —% accuracy, 15 PP. Can't move during 3 turns, defense stats raised, opponent's attack stats lowered.
    System Reboot - Status move, —% accuracy, 25 PP. Resets all stat changes.
    Additionally, when a Forged type Pokémon uses the move Explosion, the move is changed to Forged type.
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  3. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Team Azure's entry is the Sound Type! I DMed Hrae in Discord and our barracks, but am posting here as well for everyone to see now ;)

Enjoy the official looking document!

Attached Files:

4. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Closing this now and I'm sad to say both teams were late for submitting their type.

I'll get some sleep and figure out what to do from there.

5. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Alright now that I've had time to look over both submissions and to not let both team's work go completely to waste I have decided to declare the winners Team Azure of the type construct event. However there'll be no prize handout because you were both late in submitting your type.

Team Azure's type is very common in the fandom but it is also fleshed out a lot more than Crimson's type and presented better which is why I'm declaring it the winner. However Crimson I do like the idea of a man-made type and you have still put in some fine work Azure just did more.

I've been keeping an eye on both team's doing the entire process, seeing how you both interact with each as you created the types I was lurking in the shadows the entire time which I'm sure some of you have already figured out if not outright seen my name in the topics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.