1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Crystal: girl or boy?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Sheep, Dec 30, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Crystal was the very first Pokémon game that allowed players the choice to play as either a male or female, or as either Ethan or Kris. Which of the two did you choose? Did you go with your own gender or play a character depending on which design you liked most? Overall, did you prefer Ethan or Kris?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Achromatic likes this.
  2. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    I went with Ethan, simply because I am a guy. When the professor asked if I was a boy or a girl, I just gave an honest answer without thought.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    I sometimes picked Kris but more often than not I picked Ethan due to the design and familiarity of him.

4. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I picked Kris and actually named my character that as well because it was new and different. I thought it was awesome they let you choose a female protagonist instead of just male like in the games that came before.

I have never restarted my Crystal game sine so if my game is still working is the original save file from when the game was first release that's still on it.

5. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I went with Kris because of my own gender, but when it comes to design Ethan had it better imo.
    Overall, I just thought Ethan fit the role better, so I lean towards him a lot.

6. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I don't know what I went with the first time, but it was more than likely Ethan, simply because I am a man myself too. However, I have played as Kris a couple of times as well, because why not?

7. Ricken

Ricken

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    I picked Ethan because he looks way more normal to me than Kris. Besides, I almost always choose the male character so of course I am going to pick Ethan :).

8. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Kris is, and probably always will be my favorite female protagonist. I'd play as both genders often. I like both equally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.