1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Cute childrens' anime suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JirachiWish, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JirachiWish

JirachiWish You only get two wishes

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Hi...this is kind of embarrassing but can you suggest kawaii animes aimed at kids? It doesn't have to be REALLY childish...not aimed at preschoolers but not particularly aimed at teenagers either. Okay now, I'm a 15-year-old girl but when it comes to anime I don't like the serious, mature anime a lot of other people like. I watch a few chibi Japanese shows (I don't care if they are without subs / dubs) about the lighthearted adventures of animals / other cute creatures and I'm looking for more. To help you get the idea of what I'm after, I like...

~ Tamagotchi
    [​IMG]

~ Shizuku-Chan
    [​IMG]

~ Hamtaro
    [​IMG]

I've tried JewelPet but it doesn't really appeal to me for some reason...so do you know of any other kawaii chibi anime I might like?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. eeveeongirl

eeveeongirl Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.6
    well, one I found interesting was powerpuff girls z, its not really chibi but if you like the American version of the show I's sure you'll like this one. Lucky Star is another one that again isn't chibi but the story is very simple and has no plot, just about the average day of a high schooler, lot of humor in it too.

3. Ashe

Ashe Silly

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.3
    aw I remember Hamtaro, what a cute show :) Anyway, here's some off the top of my head: Sailor Moon, Card Capture Sakura, Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    I second Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura, and suggest Folktales from Japan, if you're interested in Japanese folklore and fairy tales

5. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Agree with Lucky Star, and I would probably suggest K-On and maybe Bamboo Blade as well.

6. Pixel2

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    K-On might be within your scope.
    edit: oh yeah, and there's this really cute anime, I think it was called One Channel or something similar. Best of luck finding something~

7. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    [​IMG]

Petite Princess Yucie isn't a super kiddie anime. But it's very light-hearted and humorous. It's kind of girly at times but it's actually not bad. I'm not one for girly anime but this one I wish I had on DVD xD

It's about these five princesses who are stuck looking the age of 10 and attend this academy to become the "Petite Princess." Each of the princesses come from different worlds to win the title. They have to go through missions to; learn about team work, have fun, understand that helping others is a good thing, and trusting in one another. It may sound a bit boring right there, but the princesses have such different personalities which makes it hilarious. They even get into the most silly predicaments too! You even get to meet their parents which Glenda's, (the dark skinned one on the picture) father is so hilarious that I actually cried at certain points because of what he did. It has a few little cheesy romantic moments because the main character really loves the Prince. There also are some intense moments where things go wrong for the girls but it usually always ends in a cheerful way because they figured it out.

I really loved this anime xD

8. Agent Shade

Agent Shade Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I suggest School Rumble. It's a romantic comedy. Though the characters are high school kids, them and the plot are really goofy and quirky.

9. Meowstic♂

Meowstic♂ Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    Shin Chan Japanese version x)

10. Digital Hazard

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Would Digimon count? They have the first two seasons (in English, and in Japanese w/ subs) on Netflix. If only they put seasons three and four on there, too...
    EDIT: The Japanese version is a bit darker, but the English dub has quite a few corny jokes. Pick your poison...

11. VintageRaticate

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.2
    I seem to recall a friend of mine on Deviantart showed me an anime called Chi's Sweet Home.
    [​IMG]

12. Kuroida

Kuroida Hex Maniac

Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽40.7
    Hamtaro was my childhood o.o

Do you like the magical girls genre? Pretty Cure, Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura....Tokyo Mew Mew if you like that stuff.

For childrens anime I recommend anything by Miyazaki (Studio Ghibli), Sherlock Hound, Princess Tutu, Doraemon, Dr Slump, Bomberman

Hanamaru Kindergarten is also adorable

[​IMG]

For "fun/carefree" animes that might be aimed for pre teens go with Squid Girl, Azumanga Daioh, School Rumble, Ranma 1/2. That should tide you over for now :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.