1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Daily Pokemon crosswords!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by guest, May 22, 2018.

1. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Pretty damn sad. I have spent the last hour trying to figure out answers 1 & 2. Even went on Bulbapedia to help narrow things down (which I only do if I’m getting nowhere as a last resort)

Still can’t figure out the answer. But I did get all the others. Least I think so...but some of it was iffy and didn’t add up. So I have no idea if these are right or not. Best I try anyway :)

1. Lapras
    2. Mewtwo
    3. Torterra
    4. Sudowoodo (the clue says 8 letters but this is 9)
    5. Forretress
    6. Furret
    7. Haunter/Herdier (both are middle stage evos and have same # of letters & “E” given clue
    8. Shinx

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    guest likes this.
  2. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    1. Glalie
    2. Gastrodon
    3. Lapras
    4. Mewtwo
    5. Torterra
    6. Sudowoodo (I noticed that the clue has an error in the word count, Sudowoodo should be 9!)
    7. Burmy Trash/Forretress (Both are Bagworm Pokémon and their 10 letter names give similar answers.)
    8. Furret :P
    9. Haunter
    10. Shinx

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #22 May 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018
    guest likes this.
  3. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    Thank you to the participants in yesterday's crossword! Congratulations to OzoneFruit for getting the gold answer and full solution. ♥ The solution is below for reference:

1/GOLD : Glalie
    2: Gastrodon
    3: Lapras
    4: Mewtwo
    5: Torterra
    6: Sudowoodo (apologies for the incorrect letter count--I'll be triple checking everything from here on out!)
    7: Forretress
    8: Furret
    9: Haunter
    10: Shinx

Today's crossword (27th May 2018)

[​IMG]

Good luck and enjoy! ♥

4. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    THAT GOLD ONE TOOK FOREVER X_X

1. Alolan Muk
    2. Flareon
    3. Dartrix
    4. Natu :P
    5. Arceus
    6. Larvitar
    7. Onix
    8. Shuckle
    9. Litleo
    10. TypeNull

guest likes this.
  5. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    If you don't mind me asking, how do you come with the crosswords? Do you just roll a random list of Pokémon or do you have a system? XD

guest likes this.
  6. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    I start off thinking of an abstract hint for a Pokémon and then set that as 1/GOLD, then throw in random Pokémon that fit the lettering of the first Pokémon! ♥ I work out the hints for the remaining Pokémon after the full grid is set~

I'm going to be putting the thread on hold for a little while though, at least until I have enough points under my belt to give a participation rewards along with the main prize. I'm glad that some people like the crosswords already but it's a bit disheartening to see only one or two replies after setting them up. I didn't expect tidal waves by any means but eh /shrug
    Maybe I'll do shorter period crossword events instead of one ongoing thread..?

OzoneFruit likes this.
  7. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Awwww... I liked doing these (Big puzzle nerd here), but okay!! T_T I look forward to when you decide to continue them!

guest likes this.