1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Dawn of a New Day (A Pokémon Mystery Dungeon RP) (Sign-ups and Discussion)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Syaoron the Fox, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Good luck with your trip, have a good time! @Barandofl

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HerbZ

HerbZ PKMN Breeder

Ico
    (Geodude)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽105.3
    Is there still a chance to join, or is it closed for now?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Please read the first post. Yes, because of the nature of this RP, we will continue to accept applicants.

4. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Alrighty.

Alrighty here goes.

Name: Avril

Species:
    Druddigon

Moves:
    Outrage, Night Slash, Superpower, Flamethrower, Taunt

Ability: Rough Skin

Accessories:
    Avril has several tattoos of draconic symbols on both his arms as well as multiple scars across his body. His "wings" are slightly larger than most his species which is considered "ruggedly attractive" Most of the time, he will wear a cape or cloak that covers his backside, concealing them underneath and giving the appearance that he is incapable of flight.

Backstory: Avril came from a rougher upbringing as a boy with several older brothers. Being aggressive druddigons, they often fought as kids. As the youngest, he was often beaten by his older siblings. Eventually with having enough, he had left his home and took up fighting strong opponents in ring matches to earn money.
    Avril rapidly improved his fighting prowess, which caught the attention of several famous fighters. He worked his way up into the leagues professional realm and became a widely known celebrity fighter.

Known for his cunning, defensive style of play, the "Red Menace" was one of the most popular fighters, battling and defeating opponents many times his size or advantageous of his type. He was rarely defeated, scoring the second best record of all time with thirty eight wins and two losses.
    Avril's fame would eventually become the key to his downfall when a highly anticipated match between him and an Incineroar was schedules. Avril injured his wings, which impeded his movement and allowed for an easy win. From then on, he had lost four more matches in a row and in the twilight of his career, decided to retire from professional fighting.

Seeking a quiet place to settle down. Avril decided on the Cliffs of Dawn at Spero due to is affordability, mild climate and friendly townsfolk despite its young age. After meeting Ingatius in the Fox Tale Guild, Avril agreed to help train new recruits and open up a fighting dojo in order to prepare them for facing the dangers of the wilderness. Avril established a challenge called The Gauntlet that is said to continuously improve a Pokémon's fighting prowess through intense drills and courses. He prefers to address his apprentices strictly, but with their best interests in mind. The Gauntlet is held once a month and its configuration/obstacles are changed every month and designed by Avril himself.

While officially retired, Avril regularly trains and disciplines himself as if attempting to go back into the professional fighting game.

Personality: Avril is a strict mentor when he is instructing others, being blunt and harsh, but meaning well in an attempt to toughen recruits for the harsh backcountry. When not training, he is noticeably softer and willing to open up conversations to anyone who wishes to talk. His celebrity status still attracts fans, although he rarely talks about it unless inquired. He is also opening his dojo to anyone who wishes to become a member in order to train themselves or others. His disciplinary nature also makes him good for settling disputes. However Avril can also be demeaning and can be cold to anyone who is (or he believes) a waste of his time and effort.
    Avril dislikes the cold and if he does go out on exploration, prefers to stick close to fire types.

Occupation: Avril runs the Crucible, the official name of his dojo where members can train, work out, practice battle/spar and gain advice for taking on dungeons. He also runs a small shop where energy food and other survival supplies can be bought. In addition to his dojo, Avril may come and assist with Guild and Town security.

5. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    @Barandofl @Shadria @ID Zeta @DrGetus @Baroque Grimoire

Hey everyone! Got an important update and announcement for you:

This RP focuses on the development and growth of your character as they interact with others. Naturally, that will result in a gradual shift in your characters attitude or tendencies over time. However, too drastic a character change can easily upset the balance of the universe RP, and it can also give us mods a bit of a heart attack. Therefore, we ask that if you intend for a major change in your character to occur, please inform us before doing so! And remember: no one changes overnight.

~Syao

POKE and JadeFox like this.
  6. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,549.0
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Warning: In a few days I might not be online. Theres going to be a hurricane, and it will go by where I live. There is a huge chance that there will be no power in my neighborhood for a while. This is a warning in advance, so that you guys may do something with my character in the meantime.

P.S: I'm sorry if I ruined anything.

7. POKE

POKE Ace Trainer

Johnny Waffles
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.3
    Premier Ball ★
    Species: Riolu (Name is Drake)

Moves: Force palm, copycat, iron tail, quick attack and double team

Ability: Inner focus

Accessories: satchel over shoulder and wears a cap on his head

Backstory: Riolu had a tough past where his family was harsh on him, he had a older brother who was a Lucario who forced him into battling him and a younger brother who humiliated him, Riolu's mother and younger brother died in a accident, Drake and his older brother were left besides his father. His brother and dad blamed Riolu even if it wasn't his fault for the death of his mother and brother, his father sent him to the Pokémon army to make him stronger and to put him straight as Drake was a trouble maker in the past, years later in the army he eventually escaped to get a better life, he never returned to his father and brother because they seemed to turn their back on Drake after his younger brother died and mother, he went from area to area all around the numerous locations, searching for a place which he believed would fit him and would feel like the home he never had.

Personality: He is assertive and calm, his child part of himself sometimes has tendencies to take over in the moment but then Drake hides it, he attempts to hide his true feeling deep down under that army training complex, he often blushes when he lies and it gives himself away, acts like the best of the best imposes that he doesn't need anyone, he often sits by himself in a cornee while reading a book found in his satchel, he hides is face while he reads, Drake deep down inside wants friends, he never had any friends, very inquisitive and adventorous, very daring to save the few people he would consider his friend, often not worrying about himself completely

Occupation: Explorer, after Drake left the army he didn't go home, he decided to start a clean slate of a life somewhere far off, he wanted to work for others and gain a trade skill other than his army training so he travelled far and wide till he found out he could have a chance at being a Explorer, excited deep down he raced to the town and soon settled down but didn't live near the town, he lives by the outer edge of town

#27 Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  8. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I think I speak for everyone when I say it's fine, and stay safe

9. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,549.0
    thanks for your concerns but I'll be fine. (I think)

10. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    >n< oh noo I'm so sorry, I forgot that we weren't supposed to look at characters spoilers and accidentally saw some of POKE's character sheet before closing it again! I'm so sorry, I only saw a few tiny things, not even paying attention really TnT

@Barandofl Stay safe, weather has been pretty bad lately all over the place!

11. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Asper Cave sounds interesting, I can't wait to start.
    @Syaoron the Fox I noticed in your latest post that you accidentally used 'satchel' in a wrong spot 'Pulled out his satchel out of his satchel', I think it was?

Syaoron the Fox likes this.
  12. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Ach, thanks for the catch, Shad! ^^;;

13. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,549.0
    Want to know what I find funny? 4 hurricanes in 2 months.
    Especially when the fourth one decides to show up by surprise to fuck my island over.

Have you heard of the new huricane 'Maria'. I wouldn't blame you if you haven't, she's fairly new. Tne thing that's special about this huricane is that, unlike Irma, is actually going to most likely go through my island.

This is just fucking crazy. Who would've guessed that there would be four huricanes in so little time.

What i'm trying to say, is just that if 'Maria' continues her trajectory, than this wont be like last time, that I didn't have power for a couple of days. No, it'll be much worse. I'm saying like probably weeks or months. If that happens, than I wont be online for a long while. So if I ever stop replying for a few months, know that I have no power. But if by the off chance I never get back online... I don't to think about that.

#33 Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  14. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    @Barandofl Oh no!! Stay safe, that sounds horrible. D':

15. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,542.1
    So my excuse for not posting anything for this recently is the obvious one: college. My workload this semester is particularly high, so I don't have nearly as much free time to come up with responses as I'd like. I promise I'll have something soon, though. (We're just getting to the good part, after all!)

16. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,549.0
    ... I don't want to upset anyone with this message, but... Where did this whole thing go?

17. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Died. It happens sometimes and people move on to other things.