1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Dawn of a New Day

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Syaoron the Fox, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    The unsovereigned land of Spero: A vast continent that is largely unexplored. Beyond the scattered borders of local municipalities, only the strong survive in anarchic environments: warped domains like mazes. You know them as Mystery Dungeons.

There is much to be had for those Pokémon brave enough to venture into these dungeons. Treasure troves, ancient history, ultimate power: these dreams have inspired many ambitious and foolish Pokémon alike to venture inside.

But in the midst of this chaos, there remains a sparkling hope for life to flourish. Rumor has spread to the towns of Spero and continents afar, rumor that a famous explorer has journeyed to the eastern coast with his apprentices and started a guild there.

Many will come. Some choose to go; some have no choice. What draws them all together is the singular search for a new life. They hang onto the hope that they may find their life and themselves within the shining light of the...

Dawn of a New Day

The Fox Tale Exploration Guild: a monument to the determination of all who dared to hope. Perched stoically above the Cliffs of Dawn, it was an oval shaped building with a façade that demanded respect: Large, double doors at the entrance, and above that a signboard with the image of a fox’s red face, the sly eyes painted white.

Within, writer Blaire Braixan was jumbling together a few sheets of paper in her tiny office. Taking her papers, she hurried out of her office, past the conference room, and journeyed downstairs. She’d have stopped for a drink at the café if she had the time.

Stumbling out of the guild doors, she rushed down the pathway to the town circle, an open area with granite tiles laid out around a grassy mound. From in between the papers, she revealed a hand bell.

Standing atop the mound, the Braixen began to ring the bell. She shouted in a booming voice that betrayed her clumsiness: “Town meeting! Town meeting! Guildmaster Ignatius Ninetales will be making an announcement!”

(Edit: Haven't applied yet? Click here for the sign up page)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  2. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    (please let me know if I do this wrong!)
    Muni exited the Berry Farm's shop front, his sister following behind him. They still considered themselves new to the town, although Angeni's shop was starting to gain momentum. "The Guildmaster has something important to say? Oooh I wonder if there's a new place to explore~? Wouldn't that be fun, Muni?" Angeni looked over at her best-est best friend, who just gave a agreeable grunt in response. "Guess we'll just have to see.." He finally spoke for that morning, gruff but still a bit quiet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Eira yawned as she stumbled out of the guild doors. Her twin was leaning against her as they made their way to the open area in front of the guild.

"I swear if this is nothing important I will be serving roasted Braixen tonight," Kai grumbled as they sat down in the cool grass. As they struggled to wake up properly, they could hear other Pokémon coming to the area.

4. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,471.2
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    (This is my first time in an RP, so please tell me if i do anything wrong during the RP.)

As Blake is bandaging the arms of a wounded tyrouge, it flinches in pain and how rough Blake is being.

"Ouch, hey that hurts you know." It complained.

"Well, maybe it wouldn't hurt if you would just stop roughhousing every day!" Blake exclaimed.

As Blake finishes bandaging the tyrouge, he hears the familiar sound of a bell.

"Huh, there's a meeting. Well I'm done with you anyway, so you should get going"

As the tyrouge stands up, and makes his leave. Blake decides to make his way towars the sounds of the bell. He wouldnt want to be late for the announcement.

5. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Leaning against the solid wall of the guild building, Rai calmly breathed in the clean air that surrounded him. A peaceful smile cropped up on his face as he began to drift off, at which point the doors to the guild opened, shaking him out of his daze. Standing up straight, the Electabuzz's eyes, now sharp with alertness, glanced at the figure leaving the guild down the path. His eyes softened as he recognized the figure as a member of the guild.

'Hm, wonder what the hurry is.' He pondered to himself before he heard the tell-tale ringing of a bell followed by a surprisingly loud voice. Yawning, Rai pushed himself off the wall and began to stroll towards the town square.

6. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Blaire looked down at the Vulpix twins--or rather, Kai, who was the more aware--and nodded meekly. "I assure you, the Guildmaster told me himself it would be very important," she said, at the risk of being flambéd. Still, this was an odd hour to call everyone out. The sun had barely risen. She looked around at the others and smiled. What a lovely and respectable bunch their town had taken in. "He'll be making his appearance as soon as everyone in town gathers."

7. BaroqueGrimoire

BaroqueGrimoire The Aureate Sorcerer

Nouveau
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽308.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Mystle opened his eyes slowly to the sound of bells ringing. He looked grouchy; waking up certainly was not his favourite activity.
    Still, he managed to shake the exhaustion of the previous night out of his branched head and took a few jars out of a nearby cupboard to boil some tea following his grandmother's recipe.

"Ohhh, that bloody ringing noise... Can't let anyone rest, now can you?" Mystle muttered. "Let's see... Energy Root, Heal Powder... and some Chesto Berries..."

He then threw every ingredient into a large cauldron and filled it with water before Will'O'Wisp-ing a flame below the large water-filled vessel. Before long, the brew had begun to broil and fizz vivaciously. Mystle scooped some of the tea and downed it in one go. Almost instantly, he began to smile and chuckle.

"Yep! It still got the kick it used to have!" he said to himself gleefully before taking notice of the ringing noise yet again. "Oh, fine. If you insist..." Mystle said as he headed outside and locked the door to his house.

Mystle looked up at the sky. It was bright and blue, and it made Mystle feel as though today was going to be full of promising events as he made his way to the town square.

8. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,369.9
    An Absol led a weary trio of young Pokémon - a Starly, a Purrloin, and a Sentret - into town, stopping not far from the Guild. The three youngsters were an Exploration Team, assigned by the Guild to delve into Mystery Dungeons for any number of reasons. This team found themselves over their heads in one such Mystery Dungeon, as they were injured, low on essential items, and utterly lost. They had resorted to sending an SOS call to the Guild, hoping that someone would rescue them.

That someone was usually Kimat, the Absol. He'd usually groan when receiving rescue missions, but did his job with swift efficiency. The dungeon this team became stranded in was little trouble for him, though he was obviously much stronger and more experienced than the three young Pokémon.

"Thanks for leading us back to the Guild, Mr. Kimat," the Sentret, whose name Kimat hadn't bothered to learn, said as he slumped onto the ground.

"You really saved are skins back there," the Starly chirped gratefully.

"You're welcome," Kimat said, his expression only slightly sour. A part of him still didn't like going on rescue missions, but it was literally what he signed up for. "You three learned an important lesson today: overconfidence gets you into trouble more often than not. Take it to heart. I really don't like having to save the same groups twice."

The three Pokémon nodded. "We understand," the Purrloin mumbled. With that, the trio headed into the Guild, eager for some rest.

Their time of rest wouldn't last long, as shortly after they entered, Blaire the Braixen rushed out and announced a town meeting with her surprisingly loud voice. "So, the Guildmaster has something to say, hm?" Kimat mused to himself. He sauntered over to the town square, picking an area off the one side of the growing crowd to sit and await the announcement.

#8 Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  9. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    "Is it just me or has the town gotten bigger? I swear there's new Pokémon by the week.." Muni looked over at his candle sister and shrugged. The meowth just shrugged, silent once more. Angeni paid no mind, used to his unease-causing silence.

10. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Well, it is kinda the point of starting a new town," Eira responded to Muni. "That we become bigger as the time goes by." The snowy fox yawned as she made herself comfortable on the grass. She was by no means a morning Pokémon and wasn't afraid to show it.

"It is going slow for now, but we will become bigger and be a safe haven to all that need it," Kai proclaimed softly, as he started to wake up in the soft light of the sun. His six brownish red tails spread a little to catch more sun and he signed happily as he felt the rays warm his fur.

11. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Zachary slowly woke up to the sound of a bell being rung outside the guild. He stood up, rubbing his eyes a little bit, and made sure to put on his little white scarf again this morning. The little Zorua made his way through the back of his shop (he must have fallen asleep back there again), towards the main part of the guild. "Huh... looks like there's already some Pokémon gathering around. I wonder what's happening..."

He then heard someone's voice outside of the guild, and quickly realized it was Blaire. She was saying something about the guild master... and an announcement...? He decided to join the rest of the group of Pokémon, and asked, "Am I too late for something already...?"

12. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    "U..Uhm that was me.." Angeni looked over from behind her semi-mute brother. Muni rolled his eyes and moved aside, attempting to wait patiently. "And I agree, it's just so amazing to see new Pokémon so often..back where we grew up, it was more common to see Pokémon leave than come in." The litwick smiled, happily chit-chatting with the Vulpix sisters.

13. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Blaire huffed and sighed when she watched the exhausted Zorua walk up. "Honestly, Zachary," she mumbled. "You can't keep falling asleep at work like that." She looked up down the path and the guild doors begin to open. That was her cue, and she backed down from the mound. "Everyone, make way for Guildmaster Ignatius!"

Ignatius walked out with a confident grin. He watched his townspeople and guild recruits with pride. They hadn't been there long, but they already had a sizeable community. His nine tails flared outward--a motion he did to make his presence more imposing. He strode up to the mound and gazed around at them all, fixing them with his red eyes.

"My people," he spoke up with a commanding, dignified voice. "It has been two week now since you have started settled these Cliffs, and already we have established ourselves as a confident, independent people."

He turned in a circle to make sure he saw each and every Pokémon there that morning. "After weeks of construction in the making, I am proud to say that the Fox Tale Guild will be officially opening its doors to you, the public."

As he spoke, the sun began to slowly rise from behind the cliffs and the guild. "It will take more time for our presence to be known. We will not receive jobs requests for a while. I suspect that it will not take long though," he said firmly.

"In the meantime, feel free to use our facilities," he encouraged them. Stepping back, Ignatius gestured over to the Vulpix twins, the Braixen, and the Zorua. "These four are apprentices of mine, and Pokémon who I consider to be close friends. They will be your guides to the guild's facilities."

14. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Angeni clapped, this WAS important..exciting news! Muni smirked slightly with a 'Finally' breathed quietly.

15. BaroqueGrimoire

BaroqueGrimoire The Aureate Sorcerer

Nouveau
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽308.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Mystle was rather overwhelmed by this sudden announcement. Had it really been two weeks already? It seemed to him as though only a few days had passed.

"Missions?" Mystle thought to himself. "But people could get injured... Oh well, nothing beats adequate preparation. Besides, the great and bountiful forests of the world will provide plenty of medicine. If one knows their secrets, that is..."

He sniggered a little and gazed absent mindedly towards the Vulpix twins.

"Hmmm..." he thought as he shook his branches a little. "Ice and Fire, I see... I'd better ensure their favour, lest I wither in winter or turn into a torch..." Mystle shuddered at the thought.

16. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    The twins had now fully awoken and were standing tall and proud next to their guild leader and relative. Eira scrapped her throat briefly before she started talking.

"HI, I am Eira and this is my twin brother, Kai. We run the Star Ball Cafe on the left side of the Guild hall. Well, technically most of the floor space is taken by tables that you can use, but you know what I mean. I can take goodies like gummi's or other tasty things you find in dungeons and make drinks from them that boost their properties!" The snowy fox wagged her tails around happily as she spoke about her job.

"I cook stuff that you can order from Eira at the bar." The fire fox just says briefly, not willing to go into detail about what he precisely did. "My specialty is roasted Apricorn, and I can bake a mean berry pie."

#16 Aug 11, 2017
  17. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,471.2
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    The announcement left balke a little stuned. 'So, now more Pokémon will be going out. that would cause some trouble.'
    Suddenly remembering a small things from the past. He quickly removes the thoughts from his mind before he begins to panic.
    'But the whole guild's here. They'll be able protect them.' He thought to him self, quickly calming down. 'Yeah, they will.' He smiled at the thought.

#17 Aug 11, 2017
  18. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,369.9
    So soon? Kimat thought. He doubted that two weeks was enough time for the Guild to prepare their facilities, let alone open them for public use. Still, the announcement meant little for him; until jobs started flowing in, his workload would likely remain the same.

Kimat noted the arrival of Rai, the other member of the Security Force. He glanced at the Electabuzz, then back to where the Guildmaster's helpers were introducing themselves, then sauntered over to Rai. "If they're doing meet-and-greet," the Absol huffed with a gesture towards the pair of Vulpix, "we ought to do the same, just so anyone who's new knows why we're here."

19. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Muni lightly nudged Angeni, who looked around then timidly stepped forward. "Um yes, hello! I'm Angeni, and I own the Berry Farm storefront in town. If you're preparing to head out to a dungeon, make a nutritious meal, or need some natural medicine, head on in~!" She smiled, warming up quickly. "I also can help if you have any questions involving berries and other natural ingredients!"

20. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    The Braixen stood proud and tall, waving to everyone after Angeni had spoken. "Good morning everyone!" she said, though she seemed to be shaking a bit. "My name is Blaire, and I work under the guild as a postmaster and newspaper publisher. If you ever have a letter to send or a story to tell, come see me on the second floor and I'll see what I can do!"