1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Dawn of a New Day

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Syaoron the Fox, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Sighing, Rai pushed off the wall he was leaning on and began to walk back to the guild building. 'Don't think I'm really needed for the rest of tonight' He mused to himself, a frown creeping onto his face as he scanned the buildings around him as he continued on his journey. Usually, he'd head back to the Security Force Headquarters after his patrol was finished but after the recent confrontation with Kimat he wouldn't be able to trust himself not to start something. Arriving at the Guild Rai stared at the doors blankly, before turning on his heels and walking back the path he had just walked, determined to do this until he was confident he was sufficiently calmed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Blaire smiled as she left. Eira always did have a pleasantness about her that seemed to calm her down. Focused, she left the guild. Walking down the main road, she saw Rai pacing up and down the stones, a pensive look on her face. "You should go inside," she suggested to him. "At night, the winds whip over the bluff, and it can get cold. Trust me."

The words held back something else that she dared not say, and she passed him by on the road to the Security Headquarters. She was reluctant to say the least, but she spurred herself. She felt now in a similar position to Rai: pacing before the Security HQ door, deciding whether or not to enter.

Finally, she rapped her knuckles against the would. "Kimat? Are you in there?" she asked shyly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    Kimat snorted awake at the sound of knocking. He'd let himself doze off. He grumbled to himself as he made his way over to the door. Obviously someone wanted him, and it probably wasn't for a good reason. He pulled open the door, expecting a dose of bad news.

He blinked when he saw a familiar Braixen. "Blaire," Kimat said, a slightly confused look on his face. "Of all the Pokémon I'd expected to see, you weren't one of them." He gestured for her to come in and closed door behind her when she entered. "I'm guessing you need something if you're here." He eyed her, still anticipating some kind of bad news.

4. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Blaire sighed when she met him at the door. Now that she was there, meeting his gaze seemed difficult and intimidating. "Look," she said, looking aside, her eyes shy. "About what happened earlier... can I come in and talk to you about it?" she asked. She ran a paw up through her ear fluff nervously.

"I can understand if you're not really in the talking mood," she babbled, finally looking up at him. "I just wanted to... well... apologize for earlier."

5. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    This again? Kimat thought with a small frown. He'd already discussed the ordeal with Rai. He honestly didn't want to discuss it further, but Blaire had one edge of the Electabuzz: she actually seemed nice and polite. She'd find it difficult to earn his wrath on her own. "Fine," he said with a huff. He lead Blaire into his office and took a seat behind his desk.

The Absol cocked his head when Blaire apologized. "Why are you apologizing to me?" he asked, genuinely confused. "I'm the one who made himself look like an idiot and earn the ire of the Guild, not you."

6. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Zachary watched as Blaire stepped out of the guild doors, and he couldn't help but shudder a bit. The Braixen seemed to be one of the more calm of the bunch, but to see her as distressed as she was... well, it was a bit shocking. "It's not really my business though, right? I mean, she probably is just stepping outside for some fresh air." He nodded to himself, assuring that that was all it was.

"Anyways, I need to get to working on my shop," Zachary huffed, placing his paws on his hips for a quick moment. "I was supposed to get those shelves in the other day, and they're still not here... well, I'll have to make do for now." He started organizing the stock of Berries he had into different boxes, making sure that all of them were in the right spot. "Well, this might take a while. Geez, some of these Pokémon better take these Berries off my paws; there's so many..."

7. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Blaire sighed as she sat across the desk from him. She had hoped for a more personal setting. "That's not what I... Look," she said, trying to clear her mind. "Earlier, what happened, we both know that was unacceptable. But... I admittedly could have done a better job of explaining why the Guildmaster put those two in charge. What I told you earlier, about them being next of kin, is true. But that's not the only reason those two are in charge right now."

She looked aside nervously. She'd already said more than she intended. "But I wanted to ask about you. Why? Why this need to challenge authority? We're working hard for the benefit of everyone," she said, hoping she could glean some sort of understanding. "I want to understand why you did that. You're not a bad person. I don't believe that. I cannot believe that."

8. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    Kimat shook his head. "I know I should honor Ignatius' decision on that matter... but he seems to have a habit of trusting kids to do jobs above their station. I don't like putting my trust in a pair of kids, regardless of whose they may be." He snorted. "Of course, I find myself doing a lot of things I usually don't enjoy as of late."

The Absol eyed Blaire, a hint of regret in his eyes. "I acted on instinct earlier rather than reason. The conversation I had with Ignatius shortly after the town meeting left me in a foul state of mind, and honestly, your answer didn't help. One thing led to another, we both know how that ended." He paused and found himself fidgeting with his ragged scarf. "Instinct kept me alive for a long time. I've come to trust it with my life, which is perfect for when my continued survival wasn't guaranteed. The only person I had to protect was myself." That last statement was only mostly true.

Kimat glanced around the bland room. "Here, though, I don't have to rely on instinct to survive. Here, I'm given everything I once had to fight for. I'm supposed to protect others." He shook his head again. "I'm a fighter, Blaire, not a protector. I'm not used to all this yet."

9. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Blaire sighed. That was it. He was used to a kill-or-be-killed environment, where the struggle for survival was always on his shoulders. The weak are meat that the strong do eat. She heard that rhymne once a long time ago. "I don't know what you went through in your time out there," she mumbled shyly, trying to fix his gaze. "I'm sure it must have been hard on you. I know you're not used to it yet, but everything we do here is done in order to give our folk strength. We give hope to those who have none."

She fiddled with her paws, snapping her gaze away to the corner of the room. "That's what you do too, you know," the Braixen said. "We know you're a bit scary at times. It's how you are. But your presence, your strength, it gives them hope. They may not always thank you for it, but you and Rai just being here is a blessing to me; to all of us." She blushed at the slip-up.

"I'm not asking you to change," she mumbled. "But... I would like to know. What have you been through? Why are you this way?"

10. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    Kimat's eyes narrowed slightly at Blaire's small fumble, but he snorted at the comment. "It's my understanding that my presence isn't wanted in the Guild right now," he said, "but I'm glad at least one person doesn't completely despise me." While his tone started rather bitter, the last words carried a touch of genuine gratitude.

The Absol frowned when Blaire pressed for details. Dozens of images entered his mind, but he shook them away with a low growl. He could tell her about his youth, when he lived under a king who was more concerned about his own power than the state of his subjects. He could tell her about his time in exile, when having a full stomach and sated thirst was a luxury. He could spin any number of horror stories for the Braixen, but he instead chose the nondescript path. "You don't want to know the hardships I've suffered through," Kimat spoke, his voice barely above a whisper. "I came to this land to try to put my past behind me, and I intend to do just that. So far, though, it seems I haven't done a very good job of that."

11. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Blaire recoiled from the response. She had pressed too hard, perhaps. "I... I can respect that," she said, scuffing a her foot against the ground. "I guess we all came here to forge a new life, one way or another."

"I know how you feel now, though. You're a little low on friends," she continued, trying to find someway to draw him back in so she could console him. "I haven't always been the best with people, either." She was debating on sharing her story. Maybe it was too soon for that though. He wouldn't understand it; he'd think she was still prying. "All I came to say was... well... if you ever want to talk to someone and you feel like there's no one else to talk to, just come find me, alright? I'm not very interesting, per se, but I'm good at listening!" She sighed. She wasn't selling herself very well.

12. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Angeni started to head back to her shop, but stopped, noticing Zack struggle with his boxes of berries. "Do you need some help..?" Muni sighed and shook his head, heading back to the Berry shop to man the counter until her return.

13. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    "'A little low on friends' is an understatement," Kimat scoffed. As of now, he only had one, who was sitting in front of him. Rai was more of a colleague than a friend, Ignatius was essentially his boss, and he hadn't spoken with anyone else enough to gain their friendship. The Absol was used to being a lone wolf; after all, it's easier to survive when you have no allegiances.

After a lull in the conversation, Kimat said, "I think I should clarify something to you. The reason I asked you about who takes charge in Ignatius' absence was because I felt..." His brow furrowed as he struggled to find the words he wanted. "Well, it's difficult to describe. Regardless, I'm the reason he left. I spoke with him after the meeting this morning about his Exploration Teams. I told him the Dungeons may be growing more dangerous, and he chose to investigate the matter for himself." The Absol's expression darkened. "Call it a lack of trust, faith, whatever you want, but I think he's in more danger than any of us want to believe." Talking about the matter didn't help his mood, but he felt a certain weight lift from his shoulders.

14. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Blaire pondered in silence. Now, she thought, she was getting to the root of the problem. She remembered watching Kimat go up earlier with Ignatius. They must have been discussing whether or not the dungeons were safe for the exploration teams, or something of that matter. And he believed he'd sent Ignatius to his death. "You feel guilty?" she asked, prodding. "I suppose I can see why. But I think you were right to tell the Guildmaster that. You're right. The kinds of dungeons and terrors we went through; novice explorers know nothing about that." She had a fleeting thought about Ignatius and laughed. "I've been with the Guildmaster for a long time. He is an ambitious Pokémon. He believes that everyone has great power in them. Perhaps that is why he never monitored what dungeons the others were visiting."

She then gave him a pointed look of consolation and smiled. "I know it will be hard for you, but try to trust me," Blaire advised him. "Ignatius is a powerful Pokémon. Far more powerful than rumors speak of him. I have seen him in action in those dungeons, carving out deep scars in the land with his fire just to keep the wild Pokémon from harming us." She smiled and folded her paws together. "He has inspired me with confidence. And I am confident that Ignatius will return."

15. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    "Oh, I have no doubts about Ignatius' strength," Kimat quickly said. He silently added, But even the strongest among us can fall. "The Dungeons are treacherous, even for me. I just hope, for everyone's sake, that you're right." Blaire's words soothed away most of Kimat's lingering doubts and fears, and the Absol felt himself relax. No, there was no need to worry about the Guildmaster's safety. "Thank you, Blaire," he murmured quietly.

16. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Blaire smiled a bit. He wasn't quite smiling back, but the easing of tension in his shoulders was more than enough relief for Blaire. "It's my pleasure, Kimat," she said. "Trust me, and trust in him. Things will surely be okay." She stood up, ready to leave, and looked back at him. She felt better now that he was soothed. In a way, it made her feel warm. "Don't be a stranger, okay?" she encouraged him. "If I'm up in my office, knock on my door, and I'll grab some lunch with you. Okay?"

17. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    Kimat nodded at Blaire's words. He'd keep them in mind. However, he still had one problem troubling him, one he intended to solve while he had the Braixen's attention. "We didn't discuss a way for me to get back into the Guild," the Absol said. "I want to know if Eira and Kai decide to do something... risky. I can't do that if I'm not allowed in." He chose his words carefully. He still wasn't completely sold on the idea of letting them call the shots, but he'd given Blaire his word and his trust.

18. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Zachary noticed that a Litwick was standing near him, offering to help out with his Berries. He knew that she had said her name earlier... "Oh, sure!" He answered back quickly, moving over a bit to accommodate the other Pokémon. "What did you say your name was? I can't remember off the top of my head, heh heh..."

19. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Blaire sighed, turning to face him. Trust really wasn't in his nature. "I know you don't trust them, but don't you think it's a bit... preemptive to believe they will burn the guild down in only a few hours?" she asked him. She twiddled with her paws a bit. She had to give him the benefit of the doubt. He was trying. "I don't think I can sway Eira's opinion. When she gets riled up, it can be hard to change her mind. That said, you shouldn't have to wait much longer," she reminded him. "I overheard them. They only requested that you remain absent until the Guildmaster returns this afternoon. It won't be long now. Don't fret."

20. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    ((Dammit Kimat, why you gotta be so stubborn?))

Kimat grumbled something under his breath. He'd ruined the atmosphere Blaire worked so hard to achieve. He'd be surprised if he wasn't testing her patience with him. "Fine," the Absol finally said with a huff. "Just... keep an eye on them for me, will you? That's all I ask."