1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Dawn of a New Day

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Syaoron the Fox, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Angeni smiled, lifting a box with little struggle. "Its Angeni." She placed it where-ever he was putting the others. "I run the Berry Farm and Shop down the road."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Blaire sighed. He was asking of her to spy on her closest friends. She didn't want to, but she felt she had to earn his trust somehow. Besides, she knew that Eira and Kai didn't need watching. "If it will ease your mind, I'll keep an eye out," she said meekly. "But I expect that won't last long. You have nothing to worry about."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,556.5
    "Thank you," Kimat said quietly. He knew his pleas were likely unnecessary, but the paranoia that remained with him had to be quelled. He sat back on his haunches in an effort to relax. "I suppose I'll wait here for Ignatius to return, then," the Absol mused, though the statement was more for himself than for Blaire.

4. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    "Ah, that's good to know," Zachary smiled softly, placing a couple of Rawst Berries onto one of the shelves behind him. He noticed where Angeni was placing her box of Berries, and stuck a paw out. "Oh, wait, those don't go there." He motioned towards the shelf behind him and said, "Put those right above the Oran Berries. Don't eat 'em though, I've heard that Oren Berries are bad for you."

5. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Angeni put them up where he pointed. "Oren berries, I've heard of them, I think. 'Light blue they're good for you, dark blue they make you spew.', as my uncle said."

6. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Blaire smiled. Maybe there was the faintest hope that she could get through to him. "I'll be going then," she said, seeing that it was the proper time to excuse herself. She left calmly, with a deliberation to her gait. She'd have to begin writing a new article for their first newsletter. She suddenly paused and looked out to sea, picturing a title in her head for the front page. "Dusk Falls on the Cliffs of Dawn...?" she thought out loud. No, that sounded too ominous.

She looked back at the guild, their proud accomplishment, and smiled. "A New Guild Rises," she thought would be a nice title for the paper.

7. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    "Heh, that's actually a pretty good way to remember that," Zachary giggled, replaying the rhyme in his head a couple of times. "But yeah, I have the Oren Berries above the regular Oran ones, mainly so then other Pokémon don't grab them by mistake, heheh. I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt because of them anyways."

After placing a box of Pecha Berries on his 'Berry Shelf', he asked, "So... who's your uncle? I mean, I kind of know about you and your Alolan Meowth friend, but I haven't really heard much about a family yet."

8. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    "My uncle..? He was named Ashbel, and one of the biggest father figures for Muni. His grandfather founded the farm we lived in, actually. ...He passed a year before we left to follow our dreams." Angeni sighed, then got a box of Aspear berries and put them up. "..If you ever get too many berries or too little, let me know. I can send some over or turn extras into other goods." She smiled, stretching a bit.

9. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    "Phew, glad that that is over for now. All the free stuff has been taken care of, right Kai? You didn't forget to write everything down, did you?"Eira was babbling as she cleaned glasses at the sink in the bar. Kai was standing next to her drying the dishes they had been using all morning. Eira was rather glad to have psychic powers as she knew that they would have lost a few dishes if she hadn't caught them in time.

"I did, Eira. Stop worrying. It went fine." Kai gruffed at her and she giggled in response.

"Love you too, Kai. I think we can take a small break and relax for a little bit. There haven't been any real incidents aside from when I blew up at Kimat, but I am not going to take back what I said. I may be a child, but I am not helpless." Eira huffed and she let the dirty water drain from the sink. Kai just nodded at her. he felt the same. Kimat had been way out of line.

10. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    It was late in the day when Ignatius had returned; however, as he had promised, he returned at dusk while the sun was setting, with only a satchel at his side. He strode into town with a confident smirk on his face, and not a scratch on him. The town was quiet, but perhaps everyone was settling down.

Ignatius threw open the doors of the guild in a victorious gesture and chuckled loudly. He looked around and hummed, passing by the café. "Eira! Kai! How were things while I was gone?" he called out to them, knowing they would probably be back there somewhere. In the meanwhile, he reached into his satchel with his snout and pulled out a list of notes he had taken before taking a seat at one of the tables, looking them over and making sure everything was in order. This would be an appropriate dungeon for the newcomers: just enough room to allow for failure, but with the right planning and teamwork, it would beget great success and triumph.

"What to call it though?" he pondered, sighing a bit. He looked over his notes and chuckled a bit as he came up with a name: Asper Cave. He took the notes about its location and posted them up on the board for everyone to see.

(Dungeons have been opened up! Check out the Sign-Up page for details!)

#150 Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  11. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Kai, Uncle is back! CLose up the kitchen and come to the tables!" Eira called out to her brother and she herself raced to the guild master, a smile plastered on her face. She skidded to a halt shortly before the mighty Ninetales and gave him her biggest smile before chattering his ears off about what kind of Pokémon she had seen in the guild that day and how they had been so impressed with the Fox Tale Guild. Kai was slower to arrive but even he smiled the tiniest bit.

He bumped her slightly and her smile fell a little as she remembered the incident that had happened earlier in the day. She steeled herself before speaking up.

"Guild Master. There was a bit of an incident with the head of security, Kimat. When he found out that we were the interim guild masters as you have indicated for when you are away on business, he questioned both your and our authority and our ability to lead. The incident was diffused by Rai, and no one got hurt. I requested that Kimat would not be on the guild premises until you got back. No other incidents to be reported." Eira spoke clearly and without the stammer she would normally have when she was really nervous. When she was done reporting she sagged against her twin, tired from the long day running around and making sure everyone was doing alright.

"Uncle. Did you find what you were looking for?" He asked politely while pressing his side into Eira, trying to get the attention of his sister.

12. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Ignatius looked back at the two and sighed. They were new to leadership, but he saw strength in both of them; the strength to hold each other up in the face of new, grueling challenges. It brought a smile to his face to see Eira leaning on Kai for support. Still... There was the mention of Kimat again. "That is troubling indeed," he grumbled, feeling a familiar frustration rising in him. Despite his reassurance, Kimat had doubted him the entire time, and therefore his niece and nephew. "Kimat is perhaps new to the ways of trust and cooperation, I suspect. He lives by a code of strength. But strength without respect or honor is negligent to its own destructive capabilities. I will have to have a talk with him.

"But it is good to know that the guild is flourishing, and that you two were taking such good care of our visitors," he said, patting each one of them on the head with his paw. "I am proud of both of you. This has been a grand accomplishment for us. And I can't remember the last time I've seen you so animated." He noted Kai's smile and winked. "Even you, Kai."

He looked back at the board and huffed. It was tiring documenting that dungeon, but worth it overall. "I did indeed find what I was looking for, Kai," he mumbled. "Charting out a dungeon, determining the species that live there and how many floors there were... I suppose I never paid much attention to those details in my youth. It was refreshing to perform this documentation."

With a flick of his tail, he signed the document notes at the bottom with a singed signature, the emblem of the Fox Tale guild. "I determined that this dungeon would be safe enough for our recruits to explore. It won't be easy, but with a bit of controlled hardship, I believe they will grow and learn and become better. That's what I hope, at least."

13. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "That is good to hear, uncle." Kai replied as he looked over the papers, trying to make sense out of what Ignatius had written down. He soon gave up and just basked in the presence of both his blood relatives. It had been a long day for the Vulpix twins.

"Oh, oh. That means we can start sending explorers out to rather items for the town, can we not?" Eira jumped up and started bouncing about happily, knowing that they could start to grow stronger.

14. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Ignatius laughed. How enthusiastic they were, it seemed. "We can. I hope that our explorers can use this dungeon as a learning experience for how to pace themselves and work as a team," he said. Maybe it was still too early for a dungeon, but he felt this one was neither too challenging nor too easy. "This particular dungeon has a gorgeous lake at its basin. Perhaps you can see it for yourself sometime?" He paused in thought and hummed. "Where is Zachary? If we perchance receive job requests in the future, I will need him to man the post. He hasn't gone slacking off again, has he?"

15. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Zachary smiled a bit after hearing the little bit of history from Angeni. His smile fell a little when he heard about the unfortunate event, and said, "Well... I'm glad that he was a good guy around you guys." He added that he would definitely help the Litwick out if he had some extra berries in the future.

He then noticed that a familiar Ninetales has re-entered the Guild, and the Zorua quickly ran towards him. "Ignatius! You're back!" Zachary began bouncing up and down as he stood next to the Fire type. It seemed that Eira and Kai were already there, and had been talking to Ignatius for a while already.

When he calmed down slightly, he sat down and asked, "So what exactly are you back from?" He felt a little dumb for asking, but he had been talking to Angeni before, and hadn't heard the conversation between the other three yet. "Hopefully it wasn't that dangerous out there. I wouldn't want to lose you or anything." He gave a chuckle, trying to act cheery, although he still felt a little worry from when the Ninetales had left before.

16. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    "He was, and memories of him will never fade." Angeni smiled, finishing up. "..Thank you, I hope you have a nice rest of the day." She waved, heading home as Zachary left to see Ignitus.