1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Dawn of a new Q&A thread

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Dawn, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    sorrynotsorry

So I think it's been...18 months since I last made a post here? Yikes. Truth be told I'm not really one for foruming these days, and I find interaction with other people who are not my partner...difficult.

BUT it's been a while and it might be fun! So ask me stuff if you want to ask me stuff and I'll try to provide an answer that won't make you feel like you wasted your time. xD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,397.0
    Hey Dawn, it's nice to see you!

Did you get Horizon Forbidden West (yet)? If you have played it, how do you like it so far?

If you could choose one, what would be your superpower?

Favorite color?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Hey Wizard, it's been a while~

I got Forbidden West earlier today, in fact! I'm currently downloading the PS5 version - because I was not prepared to pay £10 extra for a disc copy when I could just get the PS4 version and get the PS5 version for free - but I played a little earlier. I really should have replayed the original first, because the opening cutscene just gave me a "previously on Horizon!" vibe that already makes this feel like the sequel to a movie I missed (or just haven't seen in years and can't remember, as the case may be) than its own thing. But first impressions thus far are that it's very pretty, handles nicely, and still has those awful uncanny valley faces, haha. I'm looking forward to diving into it properly over the next few days...if I get the chance. I'm juggling so much right now, and I need to work, sleep, etc...

Hmm...is omniscience a superpower? I generally favour the "I want to be able to do all the things because of this one thing" approach. Failing that, the ability to manipulate time would be nice.

Favourite colour is #F19CBB, or Amaranth Pink as it is better known~

Wizard likes this.
  4. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Well it's been some time since you've been here.

How's life?

What parts of LV did you miss the most in your time gone?

5. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Life is...hmmm, I don't know if I can really give a succinct summary. Whenever I reflect on recent happenings I tend to focus on the negatives because those are the most traumatic and standout things - especially where my physical health is concerned - but day-to-day living is pretty monotonous and uneventful for the most part, which I would say is a good thing, because it means nothing is going wrong. Or so wrong that it's affecting me beyond the moment it happens. Or maybe I'm just getting used to things going wrong all the time!

I've taken on more hours and responsibilities at work, since my line manager has now officially retired. It was a foregone conclusion really, since she's been battling cancer for the last year and a bit now. I'm glad she has, because her work is now my work and I can barely (read: cannot, at all) keep up with it, so doing it with cancer...yeah, I'm glad she can afford to put her health first and not worry about work. Plus she's in her early sixties so it's only a couple of years before she was due to retire anyway. I've had a while to get used to it but it's two full time jobs and I'm doing it in 24 hours a week, probably going up to 30 by July but honestly I don't know because I don't want to lose my Wednesday off. Because of my own health I can't work outside of mornings so yeah, it's hard to fit it all in. Lots and lots and lots of stress on this front. My mental health is in tatters, to say the least. I've kinda withdrawn from the world; asides from my partner I don't really talk to people these days. I'm irritable, frequently depressed, and worried that I'll inconvenience people or start arguments, so I just...don't interact. It's weird for me to be typing this out.

But hey, video games are still great. My backlog has ballooned a bit from recent sales and recent releases, I've been doing a lot of drawing which is *kinda* fun even though my drawings are awful, I am writing for a video game news website now, and I'm addicted to a colouring app. Plus I'm finally getting around to watching Supernatural and I've wanted to do that for aaaaaages. So at least my leisure time is fulfilling. I've also realised a long-held little dream of getting some official Pokémon plushies since a UK store FINALLY opened up - managed to grab sitting cuties of the creation trio and Arceus (which I had to buy a second copy of Legends Arceus to get my hands on...), a large Giratina that sits on my laundry basket, a Psyduck, and most importantly a Bastiodon. I love Bastiodon. I'm so very glad they made a plush of it, finally. FINALLY. Ahem.

I missed refreshing the page constantly for shinies idk really, I guess I missed the good times when the forum was insanely active. The staff discussions were a lot of fun too, especially around Summer Scramble. Writing the lore for that one year was fun. Organising LV movie nights, which were pretty successful. Just the little, day-to-day things.

6. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    If we do another movie night, what movie would you pick?