1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Nuzlocke Day At Disneyland : A Pokemon Black Nuzlocke

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by DemonicKraken, Dec 13, 2020.

1. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Welcome to Day in Disneyland, a Pokémon Black Nuzlocke being done by yours truly! I decided that trying to beat this game like this would be fun, and so here I am. This is certainly gonna be an interesting journey, but first, the rules! I'll keep it brief, you probably know how these work.

#1: Each Pokémon that faints is considered dead and must be released or permaboxed.
    #2: You can only catch the first Pokémon you encounter in an area (Dupes Clause Active)
    #3: All Pokémon must be nicknamed
    #4: No EXP Share or Non-Held Healing Items.

With all that set, I went ahead and rolled for my starter. Rolling a 1 landed me Snivy, but any of you who are partial to the Trainer ID way of things, don't worry. I ended up with an ID ending in 3 anyway, which would've landed me the Grass Starter. I name them Source, and take the first step into my journey.

And then I get my ass handed to me by Cheren. Thankfully, the nuzlocke doesn't start until I actually have Pokeballs, so this mildly embarrassing failure doesn't instantly end me.

One catching tutorial later and Route 1 lands me a Patrat, which I go ahead and name Eight and do a bit of training. I head into the first town that I forgot the name of, learn what a Pokémon Center is because I totally didn't know already, and fight N.

Worth noting, by the way, is that this is the first time I'll have really played Pokémon Black. I've touched it before, but never even to the first gym. Lot of this stuff is gonna be a first time for me. Perfect time to be doing a challenge run!

Route 2, where I currently lay as I make this post, gifts me Wow Wow the Lillipup. From what little knowledge of this game I hold, I know a Bianca battle is right up ahead, so I think I'll train a bit before moving on.

upload_2020-12-13_17-30-25.png

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    And we're back! And I've forgotten half the stuff I did since last time. Heading into the city after a bunch of training, I fight Bianca, who...happens to be a lot easier then I remember. Moving into the trainers school we encounter Cheren, who...I also remember being stronger. Huh. We're officially in gaming territory I have never seen before.

In the Dreamyard, we got Snobbism the Panpour, who should be a very big help in the upcoming gym battle. Ultimately, I figure getting the water type now is good instead of waiting to get something else from the Dreamyard.

Moving onto the trainer battles, I start thinking I should probably train a bit more. A crit plus Snobbism's Gluttony coming in strong are the only reason the second ones Patrat wasn't a bit more of a pain. Unfortunately, I...kind of can't. Most of the stuff on Route 2 is horrifically underleveled for training.

Time for some Chili.

...Pansear is Lv.14. Ah. This run might end quicker then expected. Well, ladies and gents and everyone else, but it seems that this run is--

nah im kidding its only move is incinerate lmao

GYM LEADER CHILI - DROWNED

With Chili outta the way I walk out with my shiny new badge, get dragged aside by Fennel to receive Cut, which I decide to give Eight. It's onwards to the Dreamyard after that, where a couple of Team Plasma grunts are kicking a really pink soccer ball. I was never one for sports, so their kneecaps are what's gonna get kicked next.

First one's Patrat gives Source a bit of trouble with its bide, but it's taken care of all the same. Second one has a Purrloin that seems obsessed with using Assist and Growl instead of anything that can do damage. We save the Munna, Fennel gives me a bunch of stuff for online that I literally cannot use, and I save and wrap it up here.

Soon enough, our team of four shall move on to beat up the normal type gym that approaches. See ya then.

upload_2020-12-25_17-37-12.png