1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Original Day out of control (6/14/2021 prompt)

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Katanaeyegaming, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Hello there as of writing this the prompt is a couple weeks late but after seeing what it was I had a good idea for it. I also wanted to say in regards to these prompts that anything I post here will be for here only and not on other platforms I write for. With that out of the way onto the prompt!!

The morning had gone relatively slow for a Wednesday morning. The office stood still as it felt as if time had been moving at around half of the speed in the building. The other only person in the room outside of the receptionist was a janitor who had passed out on the couch that was in the lobby. He had been going through a lot and outside of a few minor glances no one gave any attention to him.

This had especially been the case when one of the office workers who had been there for 24 years had come by with a file to put on the receptionists desk. The file merely read for reception and Luke Jones only and certainly made the hair on receptionists neck stand at attention from the ominous way he had walked into the room.

"Hey I just wanted to give you that it's really personal so when you and Luke read it I'd appreciate if it was in his office. I called off for the day just so you're aware." He told the receptionist who said nothing but nodded in response with a thousand yard stare as he walked away. He had never called off but 4 times in his 24 years with the company so this had been news to her.

Upon his request he walked to Luke's office the walls of the hallway covered in a new coat of paint with it still dripping off the walls in some spots. It was one of many renovations that had been done over the past year that made the building feel certainly more lively than it had before which was a complaint people had quit over.

After being let into Luke's office they wasted no time opening the file which read as such.

Dear Julia and Luke,

Due to circumstances beyond my control I regret to inform you that I am leaving my position as manager of the technician department effective immediately. I understand that this is a really sad situation but given circumstances I have just now learned within the past 48 hours I don't have a choice in this matter. It's because of this scenario that I am also to go homeless for a week as I drive a few hours away to live with a relative of mine who was to take me in. I have listed in the back of the file behind the letter that you are now reading a list of people to call to replace my position. I will be answering phone calls for the next 48 hours regarding the matters should you have any questions.

My regards to you and your business,

Matthew Fonsley.

They closed the letter with a sigh. They had just lost one of their biggest employees for whatever reason and while it saddened them to see him leave with such a notice. This wasn't his fault and it is just another shitty situation they would have to overcome.

WavePearl likes this.
  2. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I should write more on LV this is actually really good.