1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Dear Lake Valor

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wizard, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    In this thread, you may write a letter to Lake Valor about how it has impacted you for good. This is a thread centered around positivity. If you have changes you want to he made, there is a proper place for that on the forums. Here goes mine:

Dear Lake Valor,
    Thank you for being a bright spot in my life, especially the last few months. You have been once of my anchors through my depression, and now I am through it. I appreciate all the friends I have made here. Even when things don't go well irl, Lake Valor is still here. It is amazing that a forum can carry so magic (and that's coming from a Wizard, mind you). Again, I appreciate all the happy memories and learning experiences I've had here.
    Sincerely, Lake Valor's Resident Potato Enthusiast

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Dear Lake Valor,
    It's been almost 2 years since I joined the site. I haven't regretted a single minute of it. At first, I was lost, but there were a lot of nice people here to help me understand how to maneuver around the forums. I found a place where I could put my Pokémon fanfictions and not feel like I was being judged because we all liked the same thing. I even have learned from other people who enjoy writing about how to improve. Roleplaying was never my thing, but people had explained to me how it worked and slowly I got involved. I had to take breaks between surgeries and trying to study for exams, but nobody seemed offended. If life got in the way, you weren't judged for it. Even now, I've seen why I like to be a part of this community. We are open and honest. I can ask for honest drawing opinions and I'm not getting criticized. I'm getting feedback that makes me want to continue to use a digital drawing software. Thank you for also teaching me the importance of patience and understanding. Things happen for a reason and sometimes you have to wait it out before everything makes sense. I feel like through this community I've grown as a person and can use those skills out here in the real world where I'm finally getting a chance to make a difference in my community. In your amazing years of service I give you a sign off of an Azelf

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Vigilance likes this.
  3. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    Dear Lake Valor, Remember when I joined February 7, 2017? Well, I sure don't. I never found a place here until recently, and that's the good part. Before I became active, I had no one to talk to, no one to smile at or with. I was just another person in the world, until I became active. With all these people here, and with all you've done, it's been a life-changer. Once negative, but now hopeful, I see what sites like you can do. Bringing all these people together... it's beautiful. Thank you so much for what you've done for people like me... I really am grateful... Oh! But where are my manners! Sites like Lake Valor, with their great Admins and positive people are what I love the most! You've done good Valor and Admins. You've done good.

Absolute Zero and Vigilance like this.
  4. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Dear LV, thank you for so very well helping me to relieve stress during my many stressful days. It is incredible to have a community with likeminded people I can visit to discuss and chat with other people, and make friends. A huge part of why I continue to be as engaged with Pokémon as I am is because of you guys continuing to stay motivated and energetic about it all. It's also thanks to this place that I've gotten to know some very wonderful people that I am proud to call good friends. <3

5. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    All you guys are awesome and I'm tearing up heh ;w;
    You all are great in your own ways, if you write, draw, do competitive, or just chill in the discord/lounge and game corner topics. You guys keep being you, don't change for other people, k?
    Here I've learned some on leadership as a member of staff, as well as neat tricks and tips on Pokémon battles, improved my art, and gained the courage to make and show a comic among several other things!
    May LV only improve from here on out!

6. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Dear Lake Valor,

Thank you for all you do. There are many pitfalls that come with leadership, but y'all do your best to avoid them, and in doing so make this website one of the best I've ever been a part of. Be encouraged to continue in your efforts, despite the setbacks you've had to endure.

Baratheon and Vigilance like this.
  7. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    this is gonna be a big letter lol
    Dear Lake Valor,
    When I joined in 2015, I was just a kid. I saw many changes in me while I was here. I have been active inactive all these 3 years but never able to bring myself to leave this community. Its such a friendly place and I made so many good friends here. I had lots of fun and it helped me to improve my english to an extent.(roleplays).
    Then, I see this community bringing smiles on the faces of people. It just makes it a happier place. Everyone helping each other and having fun, its great.
    I am grateful to every single member here, without you, without us it wouldnt be such a nice place. And i hope, i will keep making good friends here and stay for years ahead.
    I also appreciate all the admins and staff for moderating, helping users and for making this site better.
    Thank you Ryan for making this site, its a big part of my life.
    I'm trying to be active...yes, once again. I actually want to be back and enjoy my time here. In busy schedule, its relaxing to be here, see people interacting or just hopping on discord to talk to few people.
    I hope we will be the same, lively friendly community for years!

-pokemist.

8. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Dear Lake Valor,
    What can I say other than thank you? You've been such a wonderful place! This site has been amazing to RP on and to interact with so many awesome people! Although we've all had hard times, LV has really helped to soften the blow. I can't believe I've been on for a while now... making all those memories... joining @Arod's Anti-Regirock squad... it's been awesome.
    Lake Valor, you are awesome. Don't let anyone get you down now, because you are amazing. Thank you to everyone who made this possible.
    - Some Idiot Called ChocoChicken

9. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Dear LV,
    I confess at first I found you boring and I didnt really login much. But then I really began to like you very much. You are a good place to be and friendly.
    -The craziest sylveon fan you'd ever have, Cherry.

10. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    My dearest eLVee,

You have always been here for me, even though I have not always been my best for you. I do so appreciate you for sticking with me in hard times. You have helped me to become better when I was willing, and you waited patiently while I was not, and for that I thank you. In a tangible way, you have helped me to become a better person: the ignition for my growth of physical health, my support for growth in my creative reaches, and above all you were the road for my journey of growth to shedding my negativity and becoming a better human. Maybe in another world someone else could have helped me do these things, but that doesn't matter: you are the ones who did help me accomplish this. And for that I thank you.

With love,

Zero

Vigilance and Baratheon like this.
  11. Baratheon

Baratheon Ours is the Fury

Slash
    (Zekrom Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽378.4
    Soothe Bell ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Dear Lake Valor,

I admit it, I was hesitant to join. As someone used to gigantic places like r/Pokémon and Showdown, the idea of a tiny forum seemed... honestly super dead. But I gave it a shot (obviously!) and met the users, and the tininess lent me a chance to talk to people one on one that I hadn’t had elsewhere.

The userbase of Lake Valor— admins, mods and regular old users alike— are some of the most caring, hilarious, unique and kind people I have ever met in my life. They range from young to older, artist to writer to memelord to everywhere in between, and span the globe; this blend of evey single thing you could imagine makes the Lake what it is. Despite all of our differences that spice up our lives and make things fun, at the end of the day, the users of LV are kind, compassionate, and obviously care deeply about each other. No one goes without a shoulder to lean on, and that’s what separates any forum from a family. Honestly, LV blurs the lines heavily and somehow manages to do both.

Despite the chaos and craziness of life and the internet too, LV has always been a calm, safe and supportive place for anyone, and it’s a place I’d like to see continue as long as possible. I say with the utmost honesty that this forum is one of my favorite places online in all the years I’ve perused the web. We’ve been through thick and thin together, and I thank you all for all the memories we’ve made, and the ones we will in the future!

Yours,

Survivalist

Vigilance likes this.
  12. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Dear LV,
    Thank you for giving me this opportunity to meet so many new people, people who think similarly. We all share a common interest, Pokémon. I haven’t met very many people irl who are interested in it, so now I have so many people to discuss it with. Thank you for that. Everyone here is great and welcoming. It’s great coming to you when I’m bored or trying to do work. There’s always something to do here. My opinions on things have changed since I came on here, most notably on Drilbur and Azelf. Thank you again for being overall amazing to me for these few months.
    Sincerely,
    Anna~

Vigilance likes this.
  13. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Dear Lake Valor,
    I never would have found—or considered—joining a Pokémon community if not for the fanfiction user who PMed me an invitation. But now that I’m here, I’m here to stay.

Lake Valor taught me that safe places on the internet exist—ones where everyone can get along, respectfully agree and disagree with each other, and lift each other up.

Lake Valor taught me the importance of teamwork through my first summer scramble (Team Verity won second place, but that’s not important). I learned to trust my partners and work together to make a final project. I learned people were friendly and willing to communicate and bond.

Lake Valor taught me to be creative. I guarantee @BraviaryScout and I wouldn’t have become such close friends if I hadn’t run into him in the Intro Lobby. Together we bounced ideas off each other and brainstormed concepts for new and current projects, but we also became great friends!

Lake Valor taught me that people will come and go. In the short year I’ve spent here, I’ve seen members leave, whether banned or of their own free will. But I’ve learned the important ones always stay and come back to their second home.

Thank you Lake Valor for all that you’ve done for me, and thank you to the founders, administration and staff for making everything possible. The sacrifices and time commitment you make have impacted each of our lives in a positive light, and I do not think I would be the same person if I didn’t have this community to lean on.
    Sincerely,
    Wings

Vigilance likes this.
  14. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    1000th post? 1000th post!!

hi lv!!

thanks for not being serebii because serebii sucks god i hated that place so much

serious: thank you for being an awesome place where there's such a nice community!!! there's always something fun going on and i've met so many friends for the almost 2 years i've been here! ive met some of my best friends here and made some crazy memories i'll never forget which is awesome! thanks for all of that so much!!

also happy birthday lv~