1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Deduction can win anything

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by CharlieWeasleyfan, Apr 10, 2018.

1. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    My name is Rebecca and I'm 14 years old. I work at the PCL in Ryme City. We recently had an incident here with Trevenant and Carlos. I still can't forgive that man for what he did to Trevenant. My partner is Phantump. I work alongside Wallace Carrol in Building B. He studies Pokémon Cells, I study the power of Pokémon. I test when they have the most power in conditions that humans would take damage to. For example Sandstorms and Hailstorms created by Pokémon only affect certain types. I want to prevent all Pokémon from being hurt so I'm trying to develop something that will do that.

Anyways, Dorothy is out again today so it's just the lab workers. "Hey Rebecca?" I turned to see Nina and Wallace following me. I was going for a lunch break.

"Hey Nina. Hey Wallace. What's up?" Wallace looked at me as if I were crazy.

"I know I stay in the lab too long and pull pranks, but my gosh what happened? You look like death is staring you at the face. Did you go home and sleep last night when Dorothy asked you too?"

"No. Like you, I can't get out of my lab all the time. I thought I cracked the code," I answered. Wallace sighed and walked me down to the room where the researchers who stay late are to be when they need a rest. "I'm fine Wallace."

"You need to rest. Tell me what you need and I'll get it to your lab for when you wake up," he answered. That is so Wallace. Act like you don't care and do whatever a colleague needs the next minute.

"A Burmy, any coat will do. Then I was going to go down to that laboratory and see if there was something there that would help," I answered.

"You know the director said that you're to stay out of there. Especially since that's the last place your mother went before," he began before covering his mouth. My mom worked alongside Harry Goodman to try and solve the case he was working on. But she and him, they both got into accidents that night. I was with Wallace fortunately so I was unharmed. But ever since then, my safety has been made a top priority by Dorothy. I swear I'll find mom's attacker. Besides Carlos of course.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Laserdragon14 likes this.
  2. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    As I rested, I heard Wallace on the phone. "Yes, a Burmy. Don't ask. She has a plan probably," he responded. He's right on that. I do have a plan. I'm done with that original project. "I don't think she has but when she wakes you can call her," he offered. I opened my eyes. "Or talk to her now. She's awake," he added. I looked at him confused. "Dorothy. She has a few questions."

"Rebecca, have you changed projects?" I chuckled into the phone. "You have. What's the project?"

"The project relates to Burmy and their adaptation methods. I want to see if there is a potential influence for that reason," I explained. I was always curious about their adaptations.

"Okay then. I'll bring you some Burmy. It's your curiosity behind the Naked Burmy isn't it?" She knew me too well. I was taking a walk with Wallace and Nina one day and a Burmy lost its coat. It was intriguing to see a Naked Burmy. So I want to see if it's possible to let that survive.

"It is. You're quick," I commented. She laughed into the phone and Wallace was curious now. "I'll call you back in a bit," I sighed.

"Okay," she answered. I smiled as I hung up and Wallace looked confused.

"I'm curious about the Burmy and how or why they adapt and if we can change the needs," I explained. He nodded and then helped me over to his lab to help him until my materials arrived. This was going to be fun.

Laserdragon14 likes this.
  3. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Wallace and I were in his lab when I saw Dorothy come in. "Nina said she saw you in here. You okay? Rested?" I nodded and she showed me the Burmy. "These were being given away," she explained.

"Phantump!" I looked to see my Phantump looking jealous.

"Relax Phantump. These are our new project. Can you go get the lab ready?" She disappeared within seconds. Dorothy and Wallace looked at me confused. "Phantump easily jealous. Hates when I involve other Pokémon. It's kind of cute," I chuckled. Wallace chuckled at that and then noticed something and picked it up.

"Where would Phantump have been to get this?" I looked and it was my charm bracelet. I shrugged. "What is it Rebecca? What is so special about that bracelet?" Wallace knew me too well.

"It was the last gift I received from mom before the accident," I answered. He nodded and hugged me from the side. Wallace had been like the father I never had. I know he seems creepy, but his heart is in the right place. He's sort of raised me in his ways you know?

"I know you miss her. I promise, if anyone knows something about Tabitha's disappearance and we find out, we'll tell you. That much I can assure," Dorothy added.

"Thank you," I answered. As I went to my lab with the Burmy I grabbed my Pokédex and my computer. I had to design the optimal experiment first. What would make a Burmy shed?

"We could use an electric current," Wallace offered.

"How so?"

"Rotom!" Within seconds that little Pokémon filled with electricity appeared. "Mind giving Rebecca a helping hand?" As Rotom gave a light little zap to the Burmies, she quickly extracted all coat materials.

"So it seems without their coats, they are self-conscious creatures. I'm wondering if there's a place in Ryme City meant for the Burmy population. Somewhere I could do a study," I sighed.

"Phantump!" I looked at Phantump and chuckled while petting its head.

"Don't worry. You're still my partner. Oh? A note?" Wallace read it first and sighed. "What is it?"

"It's from Nina. She wants you to help feed the Pokémon in the conservatory. I'm scared about after effects. Remember what happened to Tim Goodman?"

"I don't want to be accused of harming Pokémon," she warned.

"I won't let you," he promised as I went out to the conservatory and took the plate from Nina.

"I'll let you help with your mom's Trevenant. I know it's important to you," she answered. I nodded and went over to Trevenant before sitting with it.

"You hungry big guy? Here. I brought you your favorites. Some Bluk berries and even some Razz berries," I offered as I held a big Razz berry out to it. As it ate, I smiled before I saw something scary. Trevenant's eyes changed color. "Trevenant what's wrong?"

I saw Wallace and Dorothy look at me and Trevenant before covering their mouths. "Rebecca run! Trevenant's not himself," Wallace exclaimed. I hurried to my feet and began running for building B where the others were and we slammed the doors shut.

"What happened to Trevenant?" I was terrified and Wallace could see.

"Let's give Trevenant a few minutes. I'm guessing someone in the building is making R," Wallace answered.

"R?"

"The chemical used with Trevenant before to make him angry," Nina answered. Wallace and Dorothy were too busy focusing on my leg though. "Is she hurt?"

"Looks like Trevenant got a good slash on you. We need to wrap this before we even think of going back out there," Dorothy answered. As Wallace and the new guy who took over for Carlos, I think his name is Drew, began wrapping my leg, the noise seemed to settle. "Once her leg is wrapped let's go back out there," Dorothy decided.

As my leg was stitched up, we went back out to the conservatory and Trevenant looked exhausted. I ran to it which scared Nina and Wallace. "Rebecca wait," Wallace pleaded. I kneeled in front of Trevenant before running my hand along its trunk. "Rebecca what if it's not better yet?"

"I believe in Trevenant. He won't hurt me," I defended as he woke up. "Morning. Are you okay? Are you injured?"

"Treven," he responded. I smiled at him but he looked upset as he picked me up.

"I don't blame you for what happened. I'm okay. Just a little scratch," I answered as he used his other limb to look at my leg. Dorothy and Wallace looked astounded at me. "Trevenant's back to normal. Whatever happened, they didn't use enough to keep him this way. But I want to know why," she answered.

"Why don't you tell us?" Drew was there and looking not too pleased. Trevenant looked angry and set me down.

"Excuse me?!" Even Nina looked enraged.

"Nina you said it yourself. Rebecca hates when others go near her Trevenant. So why wouldn't she try to sabotage us by making her Trevenant attack us," he chuckled.

"Let's make one thing clear. You're right that I like to be the only one near Trevenant because he's my mother's. But you're wrong if you think I'd sabotage my friends and family for this," I snapped.

"Calm down Rebecca. There's no evidence," Dorothy answered as she pulled me back to Trevenant where I couldn't help but cry. Trevenant covered me and seemed angry.

"Drew I understand you're new. But you need to understand the reasons she keeps Trevenant to herself. Trevenant was Tabitha's Pokémon. When she went missing, Rebecca had nothing. Her father gave her up at birth. Her mom's gone. Trevenant its the only thing left. I know Rebecca's innocent.So does everyone else. Rebecca cares about all life," Wallace answered.

"Agreed. I saw her go into her lab personally," Dorothy answered.

"Plus I didn't get the berries for Trevenant. Look, I say we put aside this accident and find the truth," I offered.

"I'm all for it," Drew answered while shaking my hand. "Good luck."

4. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Wallace POV
    I knew for fact that Rebecca wasn't responsible. She's been so attentive to her projects since her mother's disappearance that she can't be. Trevenant is her mom's Pokémon too. If only she had brought her camera today. Wait a second, cameras! We put cameras in the conservatory after the accident with Trevenant and Tim Goodman. Oh but they were off for maintenance repairs. Dang it. "Hey," Rebecca greeted. I looked and saw she was in more casual clothes.

"Hey. You holding up?" She nodded and grabbed her bag from my doorway. "Where you going?"

"To see Trevenant. He needs me," she answered. I looked at her worried. "What?"

"Are you sure you want to go see Trevenant? What if he goes berserk again? It'll give Drew all the proof he wants that you're in the area when he goes berserk," I answered.

"But Dorothy, Fridge and Nina know I'm not responsible. They know I'd never hurt Trevenant," she answered. I still looked at her concerned. "Go get Nina and Fridge. That way they can be my witnesses. I won't be taking anything but my bag that contains my notebook on what I've concluded so far," I answered. I sighed and nodded to that request.

As I went over to their lab, I saw Fridge and Nina on edge. "Wallace, is Rebecca okay?" Nina's a soft person when it comes to Rebecca. We all feel for her. She's got no parents now. She's on her own. She stays with Nina most nights but I do take her on the odd night. I nodded and motioned for them to follow. We went in the courtyard and I smiled as I saw Trevenant was relaxed. "Where's Rebecca?"

"You can come out," I called out. I knew she was waiting at the doors. This was after all where Trevenant was supposed to be. The conservatory is where we take Pokémon when we need to do something in the area. Fridge needed the conservatory empty so that's why Trevenant was up there earlier. Rebecca looked younger like this. Like the 14 year old girl she's supposed to be. She walked over to Trevenant and smiled at him.

"You look better Trevenant," she commented. Trevenant looked apprehensive, until Rebecca put her hand on his one limb. "I'm not angry. Nothing bad happened," she assured. I knew that was far from true. Dorothy and I rewrapped her leg properly after she assured Trevenant was okay. The slash was deep. Rebecca must be trying to calm it down.

As Nina grabbed her mini camera to take a picture of Rebecca I noticed an eye color change. "Rebecca," Fridge warned. She looked at us confused until our alarmed stares gave her the hint.

"What's wrong Trevenant?! What's going on?!" It was no use. Someone here is using R and messing with Rebecca. Dorothy and Drew were there looking alarmed.

"Get in here quick!" Fridge and Nina took off and I grabbed Rebecca's hand.

"Come on. We'll get answers," I promised. She ran away with me and we just made it before Trevenant hit the door as it shut. "Why is it so angry? Who's making R? It's the only way Trevenant is losing control. He'd never harm Rebecca. We saw a docile Trevenant concerned about Rebecca. He looked scared of Rebecca until she put a hand on his right limb. Nina, Fridge did you see anything?"

"No. Rebecca did nothing that was weird. She never even opened her bag. Something just made him go berserk. Dorothy she's innocent," Nina answered. I knew that Dorothy knew that too. We all did. Drew was convinced though.

"Rebecca just confess," he warned.

"I'm not touching whatever this R thing is! I'm too concerned about Trevenant! He's calmed down. I'm going back out there," she answered. I grabbed her wrist. She looked at me angered before realizing that in my eyes was concern for her. If she went back out there now she could get worse. But she wouldn't budge. "Wallace, you've looked out for me. A lot since mom disappeared. I know you want me safe, but Trevenant is all I have left. I need to make sure he's okay," she answered before opening the door. She went out and Dorothy grabbed her Mincinno and I grabbed my Reuniclus and went out with her. Trevenant did seem calm.

"What is going on here?" Dorothy was like me. Confused. Trevenant is only agitated for moments and then calms down. But we noticed Trevenant this time tricked us. "Mincinno use protect to keep Rebecca out of harm's way!" Rebecca noticed why Dorothy was ordering that and covered her mouth.

"Trevenant! Stop!" Almost as if Rebecca broke through the barrier, he stopped his attack mere inches from Rebecca's face. "I don't know who's done this to you but I will help you," she promised. I won't say it but so will I. Rebecca needs peace. So she can come back to Trevenant whenever she wants.

5. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    As Rebecca and Wallace went inside she merely stirred some Pokémon cells and looked at them. "Trevenant went into a frenzy so quickly, it's as if someone made the chemical go into his system. I don't know who had something against Trevenant, but I won't allow it. I want Trevenant to be proven to be a good Pokémon. Plus I would never cause harm to Trevenant," she added.

Rebecca's POV

"I know you wouldn't. So does over half the facility. Drew's being irrational. Which worries me. Think about it. You don't do anything wrong," he began. I nodded knowing where this conversation was going.

I got up and sighed. "I'll be back," I answered. He looked at me and followed. We then saw Dorothy and she smiled.

"Perfect timing. Rebecca this is Emilia and her partner Meiko. Remember the scoop they were to do when Tim was here?" I nodded remembering that awkward day.

"Yes. It's nice to meet you both," I answered.

"Rebecca was about to go see Trevenant," Wallace informed. Dorothy gave me a worried looked and I gave her my best pleading eyes. "I don't see an issue. I'll just grab something from my lab so I can supervise her," he added.

"Okay then. Just be careful," Dorothy answered. I nodded and walked over to the courtyard and opened it up to see Nina making juice.

"Hey Nina. Got any for me? I was about to feed Trevenant with the berries from the kitchen," I greeted. She nodded and handed me a glass. I walked over to Trevenant and saw a plate in front of him. "Did someone feed Trevenant?"

"Oh Drew just gave him a berry. Said you could give him the berries of your choice when you came out," Fridge answered. I nodded and pulled out the berries that I knew couldn't be spiked. Hopefully today Trevenant is feeling better.

"Hey Trevenant. I'm here. I brought you your favorites. Bluk and Razz berries. Even a few Mago berries," I greeted. As I handed it a Bluk berry Emilia and Meiko sat with me.

"You're really good with that Trevenant," Emilia commented. I smiled at that. "He's your's isn't he?"

"He's my mom's. My mom went missing a few months ago. I've been taking care of Trevenant ever since," I answered. I remembered mom and couldn't help but feel the pain of her being gone.

"Hey guys smile for the camera!" I looked to see Meiko holding the camera and I smiled at her.

"Oh Meiko. Rebecca's home story has nothing to do with our scoop," she answered. I swear I heard something I didn't like. Trevenant better be okay. I glanced back and gasped.

"Look out!" I quickly pulled Emilia out of the way. I looked at Trevenant and went over to him. "What's wrong Trevenant?! It's okay! I'm here!"

"Everyone get inside quickly!" I saw Wallace looking astounded that Trevenant lost it. I ran as fast as I could after seeing Emilia got inside and jumped past the door as Wallace and Dorothy hit the commands to close the door.

"Rebecca?" I felt my arm and it was on fire. He couldn't have got me. "Rebecca? What hurts love? Tell me the truth," Wallace answered. he was ignoring the pounds of the door and I pulled my sleeve up. I had a deeper slash than the one on my leg. Okay that's my faulty mistake for distracting it a little too long. He and Dorothy immediately cleaned it and applied bandaging. "This is the second time Trevenant has hurt you. What cause did Trevenant have to harm you?"

"I don't know but this one stings. We have to solve the mystery. Now." I stood up and leaned against the door. "He's not at the door and the banging has stopped. Let's go see the damage," I answered. But I never expected what was behind that metal door.

6. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Rebecca's POV
    As the door opened the courtyard looked destroyed. "What the heck?" Wallace was shocked. But there was one thing in common. Everyone was like me. Confused to the mess. Wallace and I noticed Trevenant and I ran ahead to him. I don't care how much he destroys. He's my partner now. "Rebecca wait!"

"No. I'm done waiting. Waiting has caused this mess. I'm finding the creator of R," I snapped. Wallace could see why I was so angry. But then I heard something I didn't like. I looked to see Fennekin with a different attitude. "Fennekin? What's wrong little guy?" I was about to put my hand out to her but she used Ember against me.

"Look out!" Nina shielded me from that attack. "What's going on around here?" I noticed Trevenant looking scared. I smiled weakly at him before standing up.

"Masquerain standby!" I threw her up into the air and I smirked as I saw her come out. "We have to take Fennekin down now! Before she hurts someone or herself!" Wallace never saw this side of me. Underneath the shy girl I'm a trainer who does anything to win. "Let's make this a two move finish. Start with hydro pump and then finish with aqua jet!" Masquerain is the fastest in this facility. I have battle almost every Pokémon here. It was for research. Wallace and I had a theory and he helped test it. It was wrong.

Wallace watched as Masquerain did just that and then Fennekin was down. I hate harming Pokémon but I had to take Fennekin down before she did more damage. "Rebecca are you hurt?" Really? That's the concern of everyone? My arm and leg were slashed. So what? Trevenant picked me up and I smiled at him. But he gently sliced off the bandages on my arm and my leg. He wanted to see the damage. He looked hurt when he saw.

"I'm not mad Trevenant. You're my partner. I'll never hold this against you. You weren't you. I'll save you," I promised. He looked at me as I hugged him before looking at Wallace. "I know I promised you and Dorothy but I have to break my word. I can't watch this any longer," I whispered.

"It's fine. I know you want answers. Just take Trevenant or Phantump for protection," Dorothy answered. I smiled at Trevenant and then grabbed Phantump.

"Treven?"

"You aren't in trouble Trevenant. I want you here. Where it's safe," I answered since I knew he was worried.

"I'm going with you," Wallace decided.

"Me too," Nina added. I smiled at that but shook my head. "Rebecca you can't go alone."

"I have to. It's been what they're after the whole time. I'll end this. It started with Carlos and I'll make sure it ends with Drew," I spat. Everyone was shocked. "Drew is the only fit. Who's always missing from the scene when Trevenant when berserk? Who's always accusing?"

"That's why I'm going with you," Wallace answered. Dorothy nodded and grabbed her Mincinno. "We're with you whether you like it or not. You can't fight Drew alone," Wallace warned.

"Wallace is right. You can't make the mistake of taking on big jobs by yourself. I know you want to prove to us you're like Tabitha but we see it every day. You never give up and one bad move doesn't stop you. You keep going. Even when Trevenant slashed you the second time, you showed no fear in going near him or even getting an answer. You always went back. So you've proven that Tabitha and you are one in the same. But you have to trust us and let us help you this time. This is where I can't let you be like Tabitha. This is what caused some of the reasons for her to go missing. She didn't lean on her colleague's shoulders for help. You need our help," Dorothy answered.

"If Dorothy and Wallace are going, then so am I. This is a mess we got into as the 4 of us. Let's end it as that. The 4 of us," Nina answered. I smiled weakly at them. "Asking for help isn't weak. It's strong. You know Drew's got you outnumbered. So it's smarter and stronger to get help," she added.

"Agreed. This mess is all our problems. If a kid's getting involved then they need guidance. Trust us," Wallace answered as he let out his Reuniclus. I nodded and walked to the library and saw the bookcase door was moved. "He's down there. Rebecca go first. We're right behind you," he answered. I nodded and slowly climbed down the ladder and waited for the others. As they came down we snuck over to the lab and I saw it. Drew was making R. "Go ahead," he encouraged.

"It's over Drew!" He looked alarmed before smirking. "What's with the smirk? We busted you in the act of making R," I chuckled.

"Hello Rebecca," a voice that I never imagined to hear greeted.

7. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Rebecca's POV
    "Hello Rebecca," a voice that I never imagined to hear greeted.

I turned around to see my mom. "Tabitha?" Wallace and Dorothy were shocked. But Dorothy was the only one who could form words. I growled at her and looked at Drew.

"Hypnosis?" He shook his head. "Ultimatum?" He shook his head again. "Bribery?"

"Definitely my daughter. Still as clueless as usual. I switched sides genius. I discovered it's so much more fun bringing chaos," mom responded. I couldn't form a sentence. "I'm impressed though. You survived Trevenant's attacks in the rampage. Damaged, but nonetheless alive. I'll give you an offer. Join us," she answered.

"Don't do it, Rebecca. Remember what you said. You care about all life. Don't do it. R is too dangerous to toy with," Dorothy reminded me. I nodded and stepped back.

"Wallace, I'm shocked I didn't see you down here faster busting us. Did you not figure it out?"

"I knew. But I couldn't find the strength to tell Rebecca you were harming her. Rebecca believed in you. So did I. I was hoping the accident was the only reason you were missing. Not because you switched sides. I figured it out when it was only Trevenant attacking Rebecca. Only you and Rebecca could get close enough. When Nina said Drew gave Trevenant a berry, I knew what happened. You put your hand all over the berry so it'd have your scent and Trevenant would willingly take the berry. Then Rebecca came out and you watched the chaos. It ends now," he answered. I didn't blame Wallace for not telling me. He wanted to keep me safe.

"Please. Take a look at this," Drew answered as he pulled down a tarp. It was a full tank of a chemical. "This is the secret of R. Rebecca you are so slow on it I was shocked you didn't figure it out. Maybe you aren't as smart as they brag," he chuckled.

"Rebecca don't listen to him. You were smart to stay away," Dorothy assured. As he and mom threw up a Pokéball each I saw two Noiverns. When did mom get a Noivern?

"Tabitha I think it's time. Rebecca now you'll get to see the true potency of R. Noivern use Echoed Voice!"

"You too Noivern!" I couldn't believe it. Mom was going to harm Pokémon. But why Echoed Voice? Me and Wallace lunged at them but they escaped through a window.

"Hold on a sec Rebecca. They'll be back within seconds," Wallace assured. As if on cue the one wall broke. There was red in both the Noiverns eyes.

"He has to have used R on them! But they're too calm for the R we've been seeing!" Mom cackled and nodded.

"That's right. This R was developed by our ex boss. It identifies the partner and gets on a rampage to anyone else. Now Noivern!" As both the Noiverns used Echoed Voice I saw the tank crack. Oh that is not happening. I ran in front of the tank and groaned in pain as I felt the aftereffects.

"Rebecca!" Wallace looked scared. I grabbed the one Pokéball on my belt and threw it in the air. As Delphox came out I smiled at her. "Delphox I need your help." Delphox knew to listen to me or Wallace. "We need to get those Noiverns to stop attacking the tank. Think you could psyshock them down?" Delphox nodded and as she did that they both went down. I felt exhausted but walked over to mom.

"You think that was our only Pokémon? Think again," she answered as she ran up the stairs. I followed her to the conservatory and so did Wallace. This has to end now. But as we got to the lobby. Mom was surrounded. "How?"

"Hey Rebecca! You really think that we'd sit back and let you have all the fun? Not happening," Nina chuckled. I smiled and saw Wallace had the skylight cut off and I had the door we just came out of blocked off. "It's over Tabitha. Just surrender," she warned.

Mom fell to her knees and Wallace cuffed her. "I trusted you Tabitha. You were to be my wife and you left me," he sighed. Wait, mom was to be married. To Wallace?

"I told you I would," she answered.

"That was until you turned your back on your daughter. I still love you Tabitha, but I can't marry a woman who would be willing to harm their daughter for success," he sighed before walking over to me.

"Please. She raises herself," Tabitha pleaded. I hid my face in Wallace's lab coat. All the time I thought mom was missing she was here the whole time. I was such a fool.

"I'm sorry. But my daughter comes with me. She's my first priority," Wallace answered. I looked at him shocked and he nodded. I never knew he actually thought of me that way. I used to joke all the time about it.

"I'm sorry mom. But this has to end," I sighed as I turned away.

"Then Trevenant comes with me," she chuckled. I was about to lunge at her before Wallace and Dorothy grabbed me and I groaned in pain. They lowered me to the floor and I grabbed my arm.

"Trevenant stays here. With Rebecca. Rebecca was raised by Trevenant pretty much. It goes nowhere," Wallace answered.

"Dorothy! Rebecca!" I was shocked to see Tim Goodman here. I smiled at him and he looked worried. "I heard about what happened. Are you okay?"

"We're okay Tim. My mom was gone for a different reason than what we thought. She was making R. We just got her today," I responded.

"We'll take it from here then," an inspector greeted.

"Tabitha and Drew. I expected so much more out of you," Dorothy sighed. As Wallace helped me up I looked away from mom and Wallace took me up to his lab and started wrapping my leg and arm back up.

"You did well today Rebecca. Because you persevered, you found the truth. Your mom was developing R and so was Drew. You won today," he chuckled.

8. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Epilogue
    As Rebecca got used to her Trevenant and Phantump being in a home with her, she was also getting used to the fact that she no longer had to be all alone. Wallace and Dorothy signed papers the next morning saying they'd take care of her. So now she lived with Wallace and Dorothy. They were due to be married within a month. "Rebecca. Mail," Wallace called. She walked over to them and looked at the letter. "It's from your mom."

"She's just mad," she sighed. He looked at her and nodded. This was real. As she read it all over she smiled but then frowned. "Mom was getting better but at the end, she mentioned how she'd get her revenge on me. I guess I'll get used to her being gone," she sighed.

Rebecca's POV

"Hey. Cheer up. The Burmies kind of need you in the lab today," Dorothy chuckled. I nodded and pulled my hair back before we drove over to PCL and continued our jobs. Wallace and I were working on my Burmy experiment and we were beginning to find a pattern. If Burmy is in a warm climate much like the Alola region, it may not need its coats. In a way, Burmy is much like a person. Uses its coat for warmth. As soon as we finished the experiment I saw Nina.

"Here's some juice from Shuckle. How about you stay the night for the campout? There's going to be so much to do," she suggested. I looked at Wallace with pleading eyes and he chuckled before nodding.

"I'll go with her to pack our bags and then we'll be back," he answered before we left to begin the first night of forever happiness. As soon as we got back we were busy with scavenger hunts and toying around with experiments that we all made it to the courtyard just in time to look at the stars.

"Rebecca remember the last time there was a campout?" Nina knew I hadn't seen us throw a campout since before mom disappeared. I nodded. "Do you have any regrets since then?"

"My only regret is an uncontrollable one and I've learned to let sleeping dogs lie. I regret I couldn't save mom. But she'll get better hopefully," I answered. It went that way for the rest of the night. Picking each other's brains. All in all I think I had my first success. I found mom and was able to move on without her.