1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Deltheor's Omega Ruby Wonderlocke

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Deltheor, Jan 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    [​IMG]
    I'm finally doing a Wonderlocke of Omega Ruby! I haven't done a Wonderlocke in quite a while, so I'm definitely looking forward to this. I have all the rules that I'm using listed below, so check them out if you're interested! I'll be sure to update regularly as I go through this challenge.​
    Please feel free to comment on this topic! This isn't just an update topic, I like feedback and people commenting on my challenge, as well. If you have something to say, don't hesitate to leave a comment or question!
    _ __ ___ _____________________________ ___ __ _​
    [​IMG]
    ✦ Only catch the first Pokémon you encounter on each Route. If you fail to catch it, you may not find another. Encounters start once you receive PokéBalls. Gift Pokémon can be counted as encounters.​
    ✦ You must put every Pokémon you catch up on Wonder Trade, and then use the first Pokémon that you get.​
    ✦ Dupes Clause: Duplicate Pokémon received over Wonder Trade can be ignored. Duplicates include Pokémon you have received before and their evolutionary families; including dead ones.​
    ✦ Level Clause: If you receive a Pokémon over Wonder Trade that is too high of a level for you to use because of your current amount of badges, you may put it back on Wonder Trade for another Pokémon.​
    ✦ HM Clause: If you cannot proceed in the game due to having no Pokémon that can learn an HM, you may catch an extra Pokémon to use just for that HM. You may not use that Pokémon in battle.​
    ✦ If a Pokémon faints, it is considered dead and must be perma-boxed and never used again.​
    ✦ Keep the Battle Style to Set, not Switch.​
    ✦ Keep the EXP Share off at all times.​
    ✦ No recovery items such as potions and status-healing items. Held items are allowed.​
    ✦ Don't use Super-Training or Pokémon Amie.​
    ✦ No overlevelling. Try to stay around the current area's level, but no more than 5 levels above the next Gym.​
    _ __ ___ _____________________________ ___ __ _​

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Steamlined likes this.
  2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I'm really excited to see what Pokes you get! There are so many possible ones to get so I can't wait to see.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Deltheor likes this.
  3. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Comment replies under the spoiler tag-
    Thanks, Ben! I'm excited to see what I get, as well. I love doing Wonderlockes because I usually end up with a really varied team that I wouldn't have used otherwise.

I started up Omega Ruby and chose the male character as usual, but I named him Skyradient for this run, after my first Rayquaza back in Ruby, haha. I like playing with differently-named characters sometimes, rather than trainers named Danny or Deltheor after myself.

I did everything I could do in Littleroot to start, then I went to Route 101 to help out Professor Birch. I chose Treecko to start, since I like May having a Blaziken on her team, haha. I'm also naming all of my captured Pokémon tiny.cc/lake, which is Lake Valor's redirect page, haha. Hopefully this run will get at least one person to join, but it's very unlikely.

Either way, I went to Route 103 and beat May, then I got the PokéDex from Birch! I also caught a Poochyena on Route 103, and a Wurmple on Route 102 as well. At this point, I was just rushing to get to Petalburg so I could finally get the PlayNav so I could wondertrade, haha.

I did help Wally catch his Ralts, and I talked to my dad a bit before finally starting to wondertrade! For my Treecko, I got-

[​IMG]
    ...Well, it was bound to happen eventually, so I'm glad to at least have gotten it out of the way now, haha. He's a Spanish Bold Pickup Zigzagoon with no nickname at Lv.2. For my Poochyena, I got-

[​IMG]
    An Archen! Archeops is really cool, so I'm very happy with this trade, actually. He's a Naive-natured Archen at Lv.1, obviously with Defeatist. I'll definitely try to keep him on my team for a while. I then wondertraded my Wurmple, and in return I got-

[​IMG]
    A Torchic! ...Named Eatmurchickn. Okay. He's Lax-natured with Blaze at Lv.9, and appears to have been someone's starter Pokémon, since it was caught at Route 101 at Lv.5. I dunno if I'll keep him on my team in the long run, but he's on there for the moment!

I then caught another Wurmple on Route 104 (dupes don't count for Pokémon I catch), and put her up on wondertrade. In return, I got another Zigzagoon, but after putting that up again I got-

[​IMG]
    An Elgyem! This is one of those Pokémon I kind of forget about, haha. I've never used one, so this should be interesting. She's Quiet-natured with Analytic at Lv.1, and has a bunch of weird symbols as her nickname, haha (something like "~★-~☼~-★~"). I headed to Petalburg Woods right after to get another capture, which was another Wurmple- and I traded it away to get-

[​IMG]
    A Chikorita! I love Chikorita a lot, even if it's not the best starter, so I'm really happy that I got one. He's Lax-natured and Lv.1 with Overgrow. I'll try to keep him on my team for as long as I can.

I started training up my team now, since most of them are extremely low-levelled. I'll update again once I get to Rustboro City! See you guys then, and if you have any questions or comments, feel free to reply!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Archen ♂ (Lv.5)​
    Naive | Defeatist​
    Elgyem ♀ (Lv.5)​
    "~★-~☼~-★~" Quiet | Analytic​
    Torchic ♂ (Lv.10)​
    "Eatmurchickn" Lax | Blaze​
    Zigzagoon ♂ (Lv.2)​
    Bold | Pickup​
    Chikorita ♂ (Lv.4)​
    Lax | Overgrow​
    In Box:
    N/A​
    Deaths:
    N/A​

4. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    I would love to do this but I'm scared of losing my Pokémon when levelling them up after wonder trade! anyway, I'm sure you'll do great and may the hax be with you!

~ bionic

5. Steamlined

Steamlined Jack of all trades

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I've never really kept up with any Nuzlocke's, or done any myself. First time for everything! I'd like to see how this turns out! c:

6. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I've always had a lot of fun with Wonderlockes, you should give it a try one day! And thanks, I hope that I do well in this challenge!

Hey, thanks for the interest! I'm hoping to update this thread on a regular basis, haha.

After the last update, I did some training against some of the trainers I skipped on Route 102 when I rushed to Petalburg to get the PlayNav. Unfortunately, my Zigzagoon died to a crit against another trainer's Zigzagoon, so that marks my first death in this 'locke. My Zigzagoons never have good luck in Nuzlockes, haha.

I leveled my team up to about Lv.8, then went back through Petalburg Woods. A Team Magma Grunt was there harassing a Devon researcher, so I had my Archen make quick work of him. He fled, and the researcher gave me the EXP Share as a gift- which, while nice, I won't be using at all in this 'locke due to the rules.

I ran into May again just as I got to Rustboro, and after chatting with her, I explored the city a little. I've always liked Rustboro, it's a nice place. After that, I headed east to Route 116 and caught a Taillow, and I also caught a Whismur in Rusturf Tunnel. I put the Taillow up on wondertrade, and in return I got-

[​IMG]
    A Zorua! I like the Zorua line quite a bit, their designs and ability are always fun. He's Jolly and Lv.1 with Illusion, so I added him to my team for the time being. For the Whismur I caught, I got-

[​IMG]
    Lileep! I've never used one of these before, so I guess there's a first time for everything, haha. I was actually surprised by this guy, as I figured he would be a normal fossil that someone resurrected- but he's actually in a Dream Ball with his hidden ability, Storm Drain! He's Lv.1 and Modest with Mega Drain as well, so I'll definitely be keeping him in the team for a while.

I trained my team a little bit more for the next gym, and I gotta say, I really don't like training Zorua. I spaced out and thought that it was my Lv.9 Chikorita out front because I forgot about Zorua's ability, and I accidentally let my Zorua die on his first battle because I forgot he was out. Rest in peace little guy, I'm sorry for being such a dumbass.

After some training, I took on Roxanne's Gym, which I was initially worried about because my team can't be too high a level otherwise they won't listen to me at all during the gym battle. I didn't really need to worry though, because Lileep completely destroyed her team, haha. I did have Chikorita for backup if things got a bit messy, but the battle went really well.

With badge in hand, I left the gym, only to be greeted by the Devon researcher from before chasing after the same Magma grunt. I chased the grunt to Rusturf Tunnel and met Mr. Briney, before kicking the grunt's butt with my Elgyem. My Elgyem knew Hidden Power when I got it over wondertrade, and after some battles I determined the type to be Ice, which is a nice type to have (haha get it- nice, ice- ...I'll stop now). I saved Peeko from the grunt and got the Devon parts back, and the Devon researcher had me congratulated by Mr. Stone himself! He did give me a couple errands to run, though, so I have a bit of running around to do.

First off, I went south and took Mr. Briney's boat to Dewford town, where I got the Old Rod from a local fisherman. I wanted to get a rod as soon as I could, so I could catch some Pokémon in areas I haven't yet, haha. I caught a Magikarp in Dewford, a Tentacool on Route 106 just north of that, and an Abra in Granite Cave (who thankfully stayed in the ball). For the Magikarp, I got-

[​IMG]
    A Taillow! She's Quiet-natured with Guts at Lv.8. Quiet isn't a great nature for Taillow, but Taillow is still a cool Pokémon! In return for the Tentacool, I got-

[​IMG]
    Slowpoke! He's Impish at Lv.1 with Own Tempo. Impish isn't a great nature for Slowpoke either, and I'm not a fan of the Slowpoke line, so I probably won't be using him. For the Abra I caught, I got-

[​IMG]
    A Honedge! I like the Honedge line a lot, so I'm definitely adding her to my team. She's Timid, which isn't great for Honedge or Doublade, but great for a special Aegislash. She's also Lv.1 with No Guard.

After that, I backtracked a bit to go fish up some Pokémon in areas I haven't caught anything in yet. I caught 2 Magikarps, one in Petalburg City, and one on Route 116 just north of Rustboro. For the first Magikarp, I got another Honedge, then a Tropius that was way too high of a level for me to use it (40-something), and I finally got-

[​IMG]
    Another Magikarp in return, haha. He's Adamant with Swift Swim at Lv.8, which is pretty good. And for my last Magikarp that I caught, I got-

[​IMG]
    ...A shiny Snivy. With Contrary. And Glare/Mirror Coat. Who's Lv.1 and Modest.

This is why I love doing Wonderlockes, sometimes I get great stuff like this. I'll be keeping this guy in my box for the time being, as I already have a couple grass-types on my team, haha. I'll definitely use him later on if I have a spot on my team, though! I just don't want him to get wrecked early-game.

That's about it for now, though! I'm going to do some training before I face Brawly, so here's hoping that the next gym goes as smoothly as the first. See you guys then, and if you have any questions or comments, feel free to reply!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Archen ♂ (Lv.14)​
    Naive | Defeatist​
    Elgyem ♀ (Lv.15)​
    Lileep ♂ (Lv.14)​
    Modest | Storm Drain​
    Torchic ♂ (Lv.14)​
    Chikorita ♂ (Lv.13)​
    Lax | Overgrow​
    Honedge ♀ (Lv.1)​
    Timid | No Guard​
    In Box:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Deaths:
    [​IMG]
    Zigzagoon ♂ [Lv.2 - Lv.3]​
    Died to critical hit from Trainer's Zigzagoon​
    [​IMG]
    Zorua ♂ [Lv.1 - Lv.1]​
    Died because Illusion confused me and I thought my other Pokémon was out​

Steamlined and guest like this.
  7. Steamlined

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    R.I.P ZORUA. T_T

Also, wow, dat Snivy tho. Very lucky find! :)

8. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    you lucky guy, to me you're dong quite good, I've already lost 4 Pokémon T.T

9. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I was sad about Zorua, but it was my own fault, haha. Thank you, though!

Thanks! Hopefully my luck continues in future updates.

I did a little bit more training after the last update to get my team to Lv.15-16, and my Torchic and Chikorita evolved! They're a Combusken and Bayleef now, which is awesome. Hopefully they stick around for a while, it would be cool to have two fully-evolved starters on my team.

I took on Brawly's Gym after that, and my Archen completely wrecked his team, haha. Despite its ability, it still kicks a ton of ass. So I have two badges and two deaths so far, that isn't bad! Hopefully my luck doesn't run out.

I visited Steven in Granite Gave to give him his letter, and he gave me Steel Wing in return. Before I went to Slateport to visit Captain Stern, I went east of Dewford to Route 107 and caught another Magikarp to Wondertrade. In return, I got-

[​IMG]
    An Omanyte! He's Japanese, Lv.1, and is Naive with Swift Swim. Omanyte and Omastar are really cool Pokémon, even without being related to the whole TPP shenanigan, haha. After that, I went with Mr. Briney to Slateport City, and I decided to fish for another encounter on Route 109. The first Pokémon I fished up was-

[​IMG]

...First encounter. WHY. As per the rules, I do have to capture it and Wondertrade it, haha. I already have a ton of shiny Magikarp and Gyarados anyway. I put it up on Wondertrade, and in return, I got-

[​IMG]
    A Ralts! She's Timid with Synchronize at Lv.1, which is pretty good. The person who I traded with changed their shoutout message to "I AM SO HAPPY" after they got my shiny Magikarp, so at least I made their day! I then went into Slateport and fished up a Tentacool, and I caught an Electrike on Route 110, so I Wondertraded them off as well. For the Tentacool, I got-

[​IMG]
    Sandile! I really like Sandile a lot, so I was very happy about this one. She's Jolly with Moxie at Lv.17, which is amazing. I may use her in the future. For the Electrike I caught, in return I got-

[​IMG]
    A Minun! He's a Japanese Minun at Lv.1, and he's Timid with Volt Absorb. I've never used a Minun, but they are pretty cute.

I then did all the stuff I could around Slateport, went to visit Dock, then took on Team Magma at the Oceanic Museum. My Combusken took on both of the Grunts fairly easily, before Maxie came in and berated me before leaving.

I went north on Route 110 after that and ran into May, who challenged me to a battle. I led with my Lileep, and she led with her Wailmer. Her Wailmer used Water Gun on Lileep, which triggered its Water Absorb ability and then proceeded to OHKO it, haha. It was kind of amusing. Lileep also took on her Combusken and ate up a Double Kick like a champ before eventually KO'ing it. I switched out to Elgyem for her Shroomish, which easily OHKO'd it. My team is shaping up pretty well, I'm really proud of them all!

May then gave me the Dowsing Machine before biking off. I then went north to Mauville City before stopping for the night. I'm pretty happy with my progress so far, and I had no deaths this update, which was good!

See you guys in the next update, and if you have any questions or comments, feel free to reply!

[​IMG]
    Archen ♂ (Lv.20)​
    Naive | Defeatist​
    Elgyem ♀ (Lv.20)​
    Lileep ♂ (Lv.20)​
    Modest | Storm Drain​
    Combusken ♂ (Lv.20)​
    Bayleef ♂ (Lv.20)​
    Lax | Overgrow​
    Honedge ♀ (Lv.20)​
    Timid | No Guard​
    In Box:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Deaths:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Zorua ♂ [Lv.1 - Lv.1]​

10. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Looks like you got a nice solid team and wow did you really get a shiny Snivy? 0o0

Good luck with the run. ^^

11. Steamlined

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Wow. A shiny Magikarp and you had to trade it away. You have great persistance - I would have given up with the rules and kept it! (But I have no shiny luck whatsoever anyway.)

Looking good so far! :D

12. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    Good job. You're making it pretty far. I wish you further luck, and I'll continue to follow this.

13. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Thank you! And yeah, I did get a shiny Snivy over Wondertrade, haha. It was back when Contrary Snivy first got released, too. I'm pretty happy about it!

It is part of the rules, haha. I at least made someone happy with it :) Thanks for keeping up with this 'locke!

Thank you very much! I hope my luck continues in the future.

After making it to Mauville, I wandered around for a bit before heading west to catch a new Pokémon. I caught an Oddish and sent out out over Wondertrade, and the worst thing ever happened to me.

I feel that this needs some backstory, so here it is. A little over a year ago, I was hunting for a shiny female Combee, and I found 7 shiny Volbeat in a day before quitting and starting the hunt again later. I have found a total of 12 or so shiny Volbeat, and I now hate shiny Volbeat with a fiery passion because of that. I Wondertraded away a few of those Volbeat I found during that first day since I hated them so much.

Fast forward to yesterday, when I Wondertraded away my Oddish that I caught. I didn't catch who traded with me, but in return for the Oddish, they gave me-

[​IMG]
    Yep. You guessed it. I was already angry enough when I saw it, but then I saw it was nicknamed "GO AWAY...". I know for a fact that I Wondertraded away a shiny Volbeat with that nickname over a year ago, so I check-

AND IT'S THE SAME ONE. I MANAGED TO GET BACK ONE OF MY HATED SHINY VOLBEATS OVER WONDERTRADE MORE THAN A YEAR LATER. HOW IS THIS REAL LIFE.

Someone did raise it 13 levels and teach it Water Pulse in that time, though. So that's a thing. He's also Lv.43, and Mild-natured with Illuminate. I'm keeping him just because of how stupid this whole thing is.

I also caught another Magikarp on Route 118 and wondertraded it for a Zigzagoon (which is a duplicate), and then again for-

[​IMG]
    An Aerodactyl! Definitely an improvement from my last wondertrade, haha. He's Lv.20, Lonely-natured with Rock Head, and his nickname is Muldoon. He's also from Johto, which is pretty cool.

After that, I ran into Wally outside of Wattson's Gym, and he challenged me to a battle. I felt bad about beating up his Ralts with my Bayleef, but I did it for the good of the team. I went into the Gym after that, and slowly worked my way through the puzzles to get to Wattson himself!

I led with my Combusken, who had a pretty good advantage over his Magnemite and Magneton. Combusken used Flame Charge against his Magnemite, which activated Magnemite's sturdy. Magnemite then used Thunderwave, and Wattson healed the next turn as I used another Flame Charge. Magnemite then used Volt Switch to switch to Voltorb, whom Combusken KO'd after two Flame Charges. he switched in his Magnemite again, who swiftly died to yet another Flame Charge.

Wattson then switched in his Magneton, who got a crit on Volt Switch and KO'd my Combusken. R.I.P., Eatmurchickn, you will be missed. I switched into my Elgyem, who avoided two Supersonics like a champ and KO'd Magneton easily.

I now have another badge in hand, thanks to Combusken's sacrifice. After that, I went north to Route 111, and encountered a Geodude while using Rock Smash, whom I caught and Wondertraded. In return, I got-

[​IMG]
    A Growlithe! He's Lv.1 and Jolly with Flash Fire, and he also has Crunch and Close Combat, plus he's caught in a Level Ball and he's from Japan. I added him to my team, since he seemed like a solid replacement for Combusken! Welcome to the team, little buddy.

I ran into May on Route 112, and we talked a bit about Mt. Chimney before she healed my Pokémon and ran off. I caught a Numel on that route, as well. In return for the Numel, I got-

[​IMG]
    Wynaut! She's Lv.1 and Timid with Shadow Tag. I probably won't be using her since Wynaut and Wobbuffet aren't that great to use in Nuzlockes, haha. I caught a Machop in Fiery Path, whom I traded for-

[​IMG]
    A Gulpin! She's Lv.10, Docile with Sticky Hold, and named PEDE. She's also French, haha. I've never used a Gulpin before, it could be cool to use in the future on my team.

I battled a bunch of trainers between Route 111 and Route 113 to level up my Growlithe to be about on par with the rest of my team. He's really good in battle, I'm happy to be raising him! I haven't used a Growlithe in the longest time, haha.

On Route 113, I caught a Spinda, whom I traded for a Torchic, then a Ralts, then a Lv.100 Magikarp named Derp (what), then again for a Snivy, and finally for-

[​IMG]
    A Deino! He's Lv.1, and Modest with Hustle. Deino evolves really late, but Hydreigon is super cool, so it's always an option if I lose a 'mon late-game.

I made it to Fallarbor Town after that, and that's where I'll end off this update. I'm really liking this run so far! It's pretty fun. See you guys next time, and if you have any questions or comments, feel free to reply!

[​IMG]
    Archen ♂ (Lv.22)​
    Naive | Defeatist​
    Elgyem ♀ (Lv.22)​
    Lileep ♂ (Lv.22)​
    Modest | Storm Drain​
    Bayleef ♂ (Lv.21)​
    Lax | Overgrow​
    Honedge ♀ (Lv.22)​
    Timid | No Guard​
    Growlithe ♂ (Lv.20)​
    Jolly | Flash Fire​
    In Box:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Deaths:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Zorua ♂ [Lv.1 - Lv.1]​
    [​IMG]
    "Eatmurchickn" Combusken ♂ [Lv.9 - Lv.21]​
    Died to Wattson's Magneton​

14. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Del, I love the fact that you got GO AWAY back after a year, what goes around really does come back around huh!
    Good luck with the rest of your wonderlocke Del! I'm looking forward to more updates.
    Also, is it bad I want another one of your shiny volbeats to come back to you?

15. Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    If you dont mind a sacrifice, Wobbuffet using destiny bond is pretty much a sure fired way of beating psychic gym. That's how i HAD to beat it with my latest restart in ruby. My team couldn't do it with two fighting them. It was still a tough fight.

16. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I'm still mad about that damn Volbeat, haha. If another one comes back I'll be downright pissed.

Thanks, though! I'm really enjoying playing through this 'locke.

Yeah, but it's really hard to train up, plus I've honestly never had a problem with Tate and Liza in the the past. If it comes down to it I will if I don't think my team can handle it, but we'll get to that when it comes, haha.

After I got to Fallarbor town, I met up with May again and talked about Professor Cosmo and Team Magma before heading off to Meteor Falls. I caught a Nuzleaf on Route 114, and wondertraded it to get-

[​IMG]
    A Togepi! I really like the Togepi line, they're pretty awesome. He's Lv.1 and Impish with Serene Grace. I then faced a trainer and thought my Bayleef could KO his Aron easily, but he sadly got a crit with Iron Head and killed my poor Bayleef. Rest in peace, friend- you will be sorely missed. I was having fun with him on my team, too. :(

In return for Bayleef, I did add the Sandile I received a little while ago to my team. I like using Sandile quite a lot, so I'm looking forward to using it! I also caught a Zubat in Meteor Falls, and in return for it I got-

[​IMG]
    Marill! He's Lv.1, and Mild-natured with Huge Power, plus Aqua Jet/Belly Drum/Superpower. He's pretty powerful, haha. I'll definitely keep him in mind for the future if I need to replace someone!

I met up with May again in Meteor Falls, and took on Tabitha and one of Team Magma's grunts in a double battle. I led with my Growlithe, but their Mightyena had Intimidate, so I switched out for Lileep. Thankfully I did, because their Koffing Selfdestructed, and because of Lileep's Rock-type it did next to nothing, haha. Lileep then KO'd Mightyena with Mega Drain, and I switched into Archen to KO Numel with Pluck.

Archie then showed up and scared Team Magma off, but not before they stole the Meteorite from Professor Cosmo and booked it to Mt. Chimney. I followed May to Mauville and took the cable car up to Mt. Chimney's peak and battled through some grunts before facing Tabitha again.

I led with Sandile against him, but his Koffing Selfdestructed again and left Sandile with barely 4 HP. I switched in Lileep for his Numel, and he took him out with relative ease. Now I was up against Maxie, the giant nerdlord himself.

I led with Archen, but his Mightyena had Intimidate, so I switched to Lileep and took him out with a couple of Mega Drains. I had my Elgyem KO his Camerupt, and my Growlithe took out his Golbat (and burned the fatbat as well, such a good puppy). He went down fairly easily, which was good! I didn't want to lose anyone to him.

Maxie then gave me the Meteorite and left, with Archie following close behind (stop making comments about Maxie's bony butt, Archie). I went down Jagged Pass to get to Lavaridge, and caught a Machop on the way. I traded it for a Zigzagoon, and then traded it for-

[​IMG]
    A Thundurus, in its Therian form! This is why you play Wonderlockes on Wondertrade Wednesday, folks. He's Lv.9 and caught in a Dream Ball, and he's Timid with Volt Absorb. It looks like he was caught in the Dream Radar app, due to his level and Dream Ball. I've never used a Thundurus, so I may use him later on if need be.

I did make it to Lavaridge, and I picked up the Wynaut egg to hatch, as well. I'll continue in the next update, though. See you guys next time, and if you have any questions or comments, feel free to reply!

[​IMG]
    Archen ♂ (Lv.25)​
    Naive | Defeatist​
    Elgyem ♀ (Lv.24)​
    Lileep ♂ (Lv.25)​
    Modest | Storm Drain​
    Honedge ♀ (Lv.24)​
    Timid | No Guard​
    Growlithe ♂ (Lv.25)​
    Jolly | Flash Fire​
    Sandile ♂ (Lv.25)​
    Jolly | Moxie​
    In Box:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Deaths:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Zorua ♂ [Lv.1 - Lv.1]​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bayleef ♂ [Lv.1 - Lv.21]​
    Died to critical hit from Trainer's Aron​

17. Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    It's sad you lost Bayleef, but at least you have plenty of replacements. The one I'm trying I've only ever made it far enough to catch 3 Pokémon, 1 egg, plus the starter. I wish you continued luck, and will look forward to more.

18. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Yeah, I was really liking Bayleef, too. :( Thank you for your continued support, though!

After I made it to Lavaridge and picked up the Wynaut egg, I biked around for a bit in the town itself to get the egg to hatch so I could trade it away for another Pokémon. It eventually did hatch, and-

[​IMG]

...why though. I should just do Nuzlockes all the time, I seem to get really stupid shiny luck in all of my runs, haha. As per the rules, sadly, I did have to trade it away, which was honestly fine with me because I already have a shiny Wobbuffet. In return for it, I got-

[​IMG]
    A Mudkip! I really love the Mudkip line a lot, so I'm happy that I got one. He's Lv.1 and Adamant with Torrent, which is really good. I'll be keeping him in mind for later.

After that, I decided it was time to take on Flannery's Gym. The Gym itself gave me no problems, so all that was left was to face Flannery herself and get my 4th badge! I led with my Sandile, and she KO'd her Slugma with Sand Tomb easily. Flannery then sent in her Torkoal, whom I used Sand Tomb on again, right before her Torkoal used Overheat and killed my Sandile. I was really upset about that, but it was my own fault, honestly. I sent in my Growlithe since he had Flash Fire, and he eventually KO'd Torkoal with Crunch. I sent in my Archen to finish off her Numel, and the 4th Badge was mine!

I was really sad that Sandile died, though. She didn't get much time on the team. Rest in peace, you will be missed. I did replace her with Muldoon the Aerodactyl from my box, as he seemed like a suitable replacement for the time being.

I thought it would be a good idea to go around and train a bit before Norman's Gym, since I really wasn't looking forward to fighting him. Along the way, I picked up a Fire Stone in Fiery Path, and used it to evolve my Growlithe into an Arcanine! I would have waited to use it, but there weren't really any moves that I wanted Growlithe to learn at later levels, since most of those moves either confused it or did recoil damage, which isn't good in a 'locke. So I have an Arcanine on the team now, which is awesome!

I picked up the Claw Fossil in the desert on Route 111, and brought it back to Rustboro to get an Anorith to trade away! In return for it, I got a duplicate Ralts, then-

[​IMG]
    A Lanturn! She's Lv.30 and Sassy with Illuminate, which is interesting. I've never used a Lanturn before, but I do like their design.

After doing enough training, I figured it was finally time to go and face my father. This was one Gym battle I wasn't looking forward to, but with a team of mostly Rock-types plus a Steel/Ghost type, I figured I would be fine.

I led with Honedge against his first Slaking, and started the stupidest stall war ever. I used Swords Dance, then he used Encore and Yawn. I'd then fall asleep and wake up, then he'd Encore again. This went on for a good 5 minutes before he finally used an attacking move, and sadly OHKO'd my Honedge with a crit super-effective Feint Attack. I totally forgot that his Slakings knew Feint Attack, I thought my Honedge would be untouchable due to it being a Normal Gym.

I then switched to Archen and started using Rock Smash to lower his defense. He did get off one Feint Attack on me, but it thankfully didn't do too much. I then KO'd his first Slaking with Acrobatics, and he switched in his Vigoroth. Archen used Rock Smash on his Vigoroth, whom then used Encore to lock me into Rock Smash (Encore me into a defense-lowering Fighting move? Really dad?) before I KO'd him.

Against his last Slaking, I didn't even get off one attack before I was outsped and Archen was killed by Feint Attack. I was angry then, so I switched to Aerodactyl and used Scary Face to lower his Speed. I then started used Bite to hopefully get some flinch hax, then Slaking used Swagger and Aerodactyl hurt himself. He sadly hurt himself again and knocked himself out on the next turn. I then switched to Elgyem, who despite getting Swagger'd, eventually KO'd his last Slaking with Psybeam.

That was one of the hardest battles I've had in a Nuzlocke so far. I lost 3 Pokémon to one Gym Leader- rest in peace Honedge, Archen, and Aerodactyl. You were great team members, and your sacrifices won't be forgotten.

Four total deaths in this part, geez. I did add the shiny Snivy I got to my team, as well as the Lanturn I just received (who is a kind of placeholder since I need someone who can Surf to get to the next area), plus a Ralts that I had from a while back. I'm going to train them up a bit before moving on to the next area. God knows I need to be more careful with my Pokémon from now on.

See you guys in the next update, and if you have any questions or comments, feel free to reply!

[​IMG]
    Elgyem ♀ (Lv.29)​
    Lileep ♂ (Lv.28)​
    Modest | Storm Drain​
    Arcanine ♂ (Lv.28)​
    Jolly | Flash Fire​
    ★ Snivy ♂ (Lv.1)​
    Modest | Contrary​
    Lanturn ♀ (Lv.30)​
    Sassy | Illuminate​
    Ralts ♀ (Lv.1)​
    Timid | Synchronize​
    In Box:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Deaths:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Zorua ♂ [Lv.1 - Lv.1]​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bayleef ♂ [Lv.1 - Lv.21]​
    Died to critical hit from Trainer's Aron​
    [​IMG]
    Sandile ♀ [Lv.17 - Lv.26]​
    Died to Flannery's Torkoal​
    [​IMG]
    Honedge ♀ [Lv.1 - Lv.28]​
    Died to critical hit from Norman's Slaking​
    [​IMG]
    Archen ♂ [Lv.1 - Lv.29]​
    Died to Norman's Slaking​
    [​IMG]
    Aerodactyl ♂ [Lv.20 - Lv.28]​
    Died from confusion damage while fighting Norman's Slaking​

Prosecutor and ShiroLugia like this.
  19. Steamlined

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Damn, what a battle. RIP, to those four. Still, at least you'll get to use some more of the Pokémon now!

20. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    Aaaa I hate to see you lose members of your team! They're all so womderful. QAQ

DEL REALLY, HOW DO YOU GET ALL THESE SHINIES YOU'RE KILLING ME. Eeeee such a cute Lanturn. Maybe when your Wonderlocke is all said and done and I actually get free time to draw I should draw your team to celebrate. huhuu~ That is if I'm ever not clogged with things to do. PLEASE KEEP GOING STRONG, HOLD ONTO YOUR BABIES.

I get sad whenever they die ;_;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.