1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Deltheor's X Hard-Mode Nuzlocke Comic

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Deltheor, Jul 9, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    [​IMG]
    Well, I'm actually doing this thing. I've done lots of Nuzlockes for fun in the past, but I've never made a comic out of them. I did write a journal-based Nuzlocke of sorts a few years back about my SoulSilver run, but a comic is a whole different thing altogether. I've planned a lot for this comic, and I really hope it comes out alright. It is my first attempt at a somewhat long-running comic, after all.

As for the run itself- it's has been completed as of May 2014, so I'm starting this after I've finished the 'locke itself. I have 15 pages of in-game notes, as well as even more pages detailing all the changes I'm making to the in-game story. I'm not drastically changing anything so that it doesn't feel like Pokémon anymore, I just didn't like some parts of the plot in XY, so I rewrote/changed some things to better suit the Nuzlocke.

While X and Y definitely aren't my favorite Pokémon games, I do enjoy playing through them. If anything, I chose X to Nuzlocke because it wasn't my favorite. I felt I could make the story into something unique if I wrote a comic about my Nuzlocke challenge, so that's what I'm hoping to do.

I can't promise updates will be regular, as my schedule is a bit haphazard, but I will try to not have months come between updates. Even if it's a small extra update, I'll try to put out content somewhat regularly.

Last but not least I guess, I do hope some of you guys read this, but even if it has no regular viewers, I'm doing this to improve as a storyteller and an artist; and so far, I've been having a lot of fun. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I have so far!

Anyway, enjoy! I'll try to have the prologue page up sometime soon- I still have to iron out a few details in my notes.

Cover:
    [​IMG]
    Rules:
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Mason likes this.
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    well to be fair you must catch Xerneas regardless, it won't let you do otherwise. Anyway I love your art and can't wait to start following this story. I love reading people's nuzlocke

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Achromatic likes this.
  3. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I'm looking forward to reading your comic! I love reading Nuzlocke comics so I'm curious as to how the story will go in this one :D

4. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I just finished the prologue! This was probably the hardest page to do layout-wise, since I'm very new to comic making and had to experiment with panels and dialogue and style and whatnot. I'm really proud of how it turned out overall, and I hope the backgrounds aren't too cluttered. This is a different experience for me, so I'll be learning as I go!

Also, what AZ's Klefki is saying isn't really important. It's an ancient Klefki and speaks an older language that AZ can understand, that's the only reason for the different text.

â–¶ Click here to read â—€
    [​IMG]

5. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Oooh, this looks very interesting and I love your art style.

6. Alonso Swift

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Ooh... I always like it when people add extra backstory to things like this.
    Interested in seeing where you go with this! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.