1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Describe your handwriting

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Junkrat, May 7, 2018.

1. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    What is your handwriting like? Is it small, medium, large? Compact or spaced apart? Neat, or messy? Do you often get compliments or comments on your handwriting?

My handwriting is terrible- legible, but just barely. I hold my pencil very oddly so it translates to paper as such. I'd say it's medium sized, and the letters are exaggerated. My handwriting is like a caricature of the alphabet. I also tend to mix letters together so entire words seem deformed. Sometimes I wonder how people can read it.

Bonus question: Do you think your handwriting reflects your personality?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Neat, even-spaced, and varying depending on the task (I can write really small in order to write lots of information in really small spaces).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    My handwriting is next to chicken scratch. I sometimes can't even read it right after I wrote it and I'm surprised that some people can even read it half of the time. :3

4. GlaceonSilver

PokéPoints:
    ₽621.6
    My handwriting is about average in terms of size. I find writing really small strains my hand, and I have trouble making letters look right when I write large. My handwriting itself has two very distinct aspects that make it stand out: to begin with, I write incredibly dark. I find myself pressing really hard on the page quite often, even though I know I don't need to for my writing to be seen. It's just a habit I've never really been able to shake, and it means my hand can get tired pretty quickly when writing a lot, especially because I don't write in cursive. Beyond writing dark, my letters have a very distinct shape to them that all my teachers have never failed to point out. They aren't illegible or anything like that, but they have a casual messiness to them. Most teachers have compared my handwriting to that of a cartoonist's. It's just messy enough to have a little bit of character.

5. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    My handwriting changes every letter. I get complimented on it but I don't see why because it's awful. I would say that my handwriting is a mix between lazy and neat? I never dot or cross any letters like t's or i's.

6. SawstheSawsbuck

SawstheSawsbuck Sir Sawsbuck

Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽560.5
    Master BallLegendary Triforce ★★
    Like a panicky first grader
    Absolute mess and I'm surprised people can read it

7. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    My handwriting is extremely messy. Half the time when I read it back I can't even understand what I wrote in the first place. Haha

8. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Depends on what I'm up to. In classwork it's very compact and it's legible most times but sometimes I have to type my answers just so my teachers know what I'm saying. When I'm writing stories It's very neat and compact but it's easier to read than my schoolwork. Plus it depends on the day and how much I've had to drink in the morning. So for example, 1 coffee means I'll be legible but barely, 2 is perfectly legible just not my best and 3 usually means my best.

9. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,549.0
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    In my opinion, my hand writing is bad, but most people say it's somewhat okay. But that's just my normal hand writing.

When it comes to cursive writing, I have the most disgusting writing in history. it's mostly unreadable noone can read it most of the time.

10. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    My cursive handwriting is very good, I can sign my name and write in it very well. My non-cursive handwriting however is pretty bad, can't even read what I write sometimes. Also, I always write on every other line, it's gives you room to make a mistake or two.

11. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    My standard handwriting is an odd mix between print and cursive, but I don't mind it. I really like drawing anything with a tail, like g's and y's, because I enjoy making the tail loop around and trail off at the top (if that makes sense). Of course there's a big difference between when I'm trying to be neat vs just getting it done, but I think it's easy enough to read either way.

As for if it reflects my personality, probably not. I mean it's a bit hard to say because it's just a method of writing. My handwriting style is quite different to everyone around me though, so I do wonder how I developed it.

12. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    People have said that my handwriting is a mix of cursive and print. However, it's very messy as I usually connect all the letters of the word I'm writing. I guess it looks fancy since I end up adding elegant loops and tails to some letters but not at the same time because I sometimes can't read what I write after I look back on it? Though one feature that sticks out is when I write the letter "s" the end of it dives down below the line and previous letters, and that's exclusively when a word ends in "s". I sometimes get compliments, but I do't understand why...

Does it reflect my personality? I guess so: it represents an elegant facade at face value but when you dig deeper it's nothing like that. I usually put up different fake personalities (usually sarcastic) to some people but I'm still that same person.

13. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    In my opinion is my handwriting perfect. But I know from others I am writing way too small and messy.
    If I have to write something on the board, I have to tell the others like 10 times what I wrote on it, so I think it's terribble but somehow still ok.

14. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    My handwriting is small bordering on average - if I consciously make an effort, it can be absolutely tiny, but I don't do that often. My handwriting isn't aesthetically pleasing necessarily, but it's definitely legible, and nobody ever has any problems reading it. It is very inconsistent, though. The lengths and shapes of my letters can change from word to word.

My cursive, on the other hand, is pretty bad. If I show my friends something I've written in cursive, they have to squint and double take to read it properly. My c's will look like e's, for a while my capital s's were exactly the same as my lower case f's (I fixed that at least), if a word starts with an r it looks like a lowercase print z, et cetera. I like writing in cursive - it's quicker and easier - but I feel sorry for the poor souls who have to read it.

As for whether my writing reflects my personality . . . I think it does. I'm a person with a passion for the fancy, aesthetic, and shiny who just can't manage to be that myself. While I may try to write pretty, it never comes out like that. I can keep working on it, I suppose.

15. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Mine's fairly neat. Not immaculate, nor is it incomprehensible scribbles, maybe it looks kind of juvenile. Anyway, I made a writing sample attached. See that if you like.

Also attached, in the lavender and red ink are me writing in my left and right hands simultaneously. The worse is my left hand, and the sentence at the bottom is each hand at different times, with greater focus. It will be a long, slow road to becoming ambidextrous.

Also-also unrelated, I promised to show a few members of LV my first attempt at drawing anything at all in several months, if not years. Pusheen Cat, another Pusheen Cat, and a smiley face!

As for how it reflects me... I don't know. I don't think I really have a grip of what my own personality is like. Maybe if I hand-write notes to people instead of just practice random words, I can see if my word choice and emotion seems to match. I record my voice a lot, and I think that matches my personality, but I don't often write the things I speak, so I'm less sure.

Pusheen cat!

Attached Files:

16. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    messy and large. that's it

17. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Illegible, is one word that's been used to describe my handwriting, lmao. I figure it's because of the awkward way I seem to hold a pen in my hand.

18. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Medium sized, readable, sometimes pretty, sometimes bad, getting more consistent all the time.

19. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    can i just say "disaster" and leave it there

id say my handwriting is small-ish and very VERY messy. sometimes i cant even read what i just wrote after 5 minutes lol. my english teacher has told me she wants to give me handwriting tips but i refuse because id have to put effort in making my writing look better and i dont want that

20. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Absolutely terrible. Big and as well spaced as I feel like at the time. I've checked, and my hand writing hasn't changed much since I was in third grade. Most of the time I misspell words and make it near impossible for me to even read my own writing. I know where my terrible writing came from, my muscles in my hands are underdeveloped. Meaning, I struggle to even hold a pencil in my hand. This lead to the really bad crap that I make whenever I put pen to paper.

I've found that a lot of people seem to be much more harsh on their hand writing than others. I look at others hand writing and envy them even when they say its the worst. I think my hand writing is absolute garbage, but I'm being a little harsher on it than others would be. Its true that my hand writing is worse than pretty much everyone, but I've seen people with far worse hand writing than mine and I can't help but feel like I'm over judging my own writing.