1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Describe your humor

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Junkrat, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    What is your sense of humor like? What types of things typically make you go haha? I'm personally a fan of dark humor, as well as face reactions. Twitter posts always manage to crack me up. Things like the 'when you walk' meme also kill me. What about you?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    My sense of humor is usually being unnecessarily dramatic. For instance, a printer at work jammed. Fixing it is literally standing up, walking four steps over, and jiggling its loader. But my reaction and narration (not shouting, but inside-voice strained not-shout-ing): "Why is life so hard! So miserable, I'm just over here, trying to make a living, and EVERYTHING IS GOING WRONG! My life is so difficult! I've already got ninety nine problems, and this is just one more! Exactly what I needed! WHY DO BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE! The world is chaos and there is no reason for anything and we should all just EMBRACE ENTROPY AND THE HEAT DEATH OF THE UNIVERSE!" And then I start getting stares, and I dial it back down to smooth, chilled, smiley me. "It's the struggle, you know? *sigh* Just can't get away. But what are you going to do?"

Well, that and jokes that make you think or pause to say waitwhat. My dad was going to microwave up some leftovers, and asked aloud what power level he should put it on. "Turn it up to 11!" I say. "No, I think power level 2 is better." "Why 2? Because it's the exact opposite of 11?" He doesn't take hold just yet. "You know, because eleven is two ones, and two is one two." It cracked me up, at least. Almost as much as the attached meme, which still gives me breathing problems every time I look at it.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Anything can make me laugh like just say a remotely strange word and I'll laugh

Jupjami likes this.
  4. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I'm more of the sarcastic type, but all the jokes that I make, I've heard someone else say it and I thought that it was funny so I would say it to someone else in a similar context.
    Also, I'm the type that likes to spit fire at people and use their words against them and stuff like that, which that is probably the best thing that I can do when it comes to humor.

5. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    My humor is kind of dark, either offensive or self-deprecating. I have about a 50/50 hit or miss rate with my humor, but when it hits, it really hits,

Jupjami likes this.
  6. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I'll laugh at most types of humour, but the ones that really get me are weird/surreal-type jokes. One of the reasons I find things like Filthy Frank and 'E' so funny.

7. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Dark humor is the my favourite

8. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    Say anything weird about Trump and I’ll laugh.

9. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I like crude, immature humor, like the kind in Rick and Morty and the Starkid musicals. I don't know why, but I really find it hilarious when childish topics are joked about in a very serious, adult way, or when more mature topics are addressed in a childish, immature way. Those can usually make me laugh, though I also love visual gags and stuff that is so random that it's just funny.

Jupjami likes this.
  10. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Give mē (almōst) any topic and Įa will māke it funny (at lēast to mē). Examples:
    Thread Ban Protest: Imaĝine several crēatüres of all şhāpes, colors and sīzes doińg rally in against a fişh
    Car Craşh: Imaĝine random pēople's fāces appēarińg in car windōws then suddenly car craşhes into somethińg and the heads of pēople is thrōwn out into ground
    Math Tēaçher: Imaĝine vür math tēaçher wrītińg '1 + 1 = 1' with crińĝy prēschooler handwrītińg xaxaxa

Besīdes thōse, Įa also sometīmes laughs at others' misfortünes (yes, Įa is not good person, da~)

11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,251.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I take ALL kinds of humor. My favorites are dark humor, puns, randomness, memes, and Nintendo references that nobody will ever get.

Fobbies are borange.

12. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Dry. My humor is dryer than the driest deserts. If you know Zoe from Firefly, that's the kind of dry humor I use. Since I don't laugh and keep a straight face through the entirety of the conversation, its hard for others to tell when I'm being serious or not. I also take everything literally and work off of that for my humor.

What makes me laugh are people (including myself) taking things too literally or watching the reactions of others. Generally I'm a calm person and it takes me a lot to say anything aloud. The only thing that's truly gotten me to laugh out loud is when my brother and sister get together and start popping jokes like theirs no tomorrow.

13. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I kind of just laugh at everything tbh... even if it's not necessarily appropriate. I'm very easy to please.

14. Punk

Punk School Kid

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽29.8
    My humour is dark jokes and innuendos

15. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Awful.

Ok, seriously though. Usually dumb jokes and puns get me. Especially puns. If its funny I usually like it.

16. RosieVulpes

Sweetheart
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.7
    I enjoy corny puns and stuff but I also have a very dark sense of humour.

17. Ryan Smith

Ryan Smith Animation Writer

PokéPoints:
    ₽391.1
    I definitely have a silly, slapstick and slightly batty sense of humor which comes largely from my mom. She always knew how to cheer me up when I was upset. We tease each other all the time and even call each other names but it's all good fun! One recent manifestation of my sense of humor was replacing all the player "hurt" and "death" sounds in a certain game I play with cartoony sound effects. Here's a good example!

https://clips.twitch.tv/RoundFitBeefPunchTrees

And videos like this are right up there!

18. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Mine is typically dry, blunt, and crude. At the same time I am a big fan of bad jokes, dad humor, and bad puns. I tend to find a lot of things funny and it is easy to make me laugh.

19. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    i have a very strange sense of humor? the weirdest things make me laugh. i especially love dark humor and bird memes make me laugh a lot too.