1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Design a Ghost

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Wolf Expert, Oct 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Design a Ghost

It’s the month for hauntings and the ghost Pokémon have come to play. Why not join in the fun and bring some ghosts of your own?

Requirements

- Must be at least part ghost, second typing optional
    - Must include an illustration of your fakemon, all artwork must be done by you
    - Must include a Pokédex entry for your fakemon
    - Must include at least one ability
    - Include a cool signature move that only your fakemon can learn (include the move’s name, type, whether it’s status, physical, or special, power, accuracy, and any effects it has)
    - A full move pool for your fakemon is optional
    - A list of the Pokémon’s stats is optional
    - A full evolutionary chain is optional. Only one fakemon in your evolutionary chain needs to learn the signature move, but each fakemon you design should include all of the other requirements

Prizes

1st Place - 200 PP + Oktoberfest Winner's Medal '19
    Participation - 50 PP + Oktoberfest Participant's Medal '19

Deadline

Submissions are due by October 28th, 2019 - 12 AM EST.​

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    RadEmpoleon and DuoM2 like this.
  2. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Ghouldump.
    72121219_2548890648680623_8947235803277295616_n.jpg
    Ghost / Steel .
    - A group of Conkledurrs trapped a family of trubbish and Garbodors in a dumpster, in an effort to clean up their building site. The family suffered the build-up of their own sludge with no release possible, and died inside. The family now posses any dumpsters that sit on construction sites.

- Double-Slam : An ability that allows Garbodump to slam their eye-lids separately twice, or both at the same time to stop an opponent from taking their turn.

- Engulf : Physical type move. The Pokémon engulfs the attacker when both eye-lids are raised. The trapped victim is suffocated to death unless they are strong enough to bust out.

[I think that Muk and Garbodor were mistakes, and they should never have been Pokémon.]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I already had this design idea some time ago, but I updated it and i think it is near to perfection now:
    sunstitute ghost new design.png
    Hauntoy
    Ghost/Normal
    Backstory: When a Pokémon faints through a move like Bug Buzz or Hyper Voice (those moves ignore substitutes), a new Hauntoy is born. At the beginning they look like normal substitutes, but a strange aura leads them to haunted places which brings Hauntoy into contact with sartanic rituals and Voodoo.
    Ability: Voodoo (Curse only makes the user lose 1/4 of it's HP)
    Favorite moves: Curse, Destiny Bond, Echoed Voice, Shadow Sneak

PoserPanda likes this.
  4. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    Alright, so mine's a part of a three-stage family I designed where the first two stages are not part Ghost. I was kinda iffy on doing this idea, but I asked and they said it was fine and the whole evolutionary family has a creepy aspect to it. The focus is on the final stage anyways. That being said, here's this...

upload_2019-10-27_21-45-21.png
    (Appepillar -> Faminoth -> Mortemoth, big focus here is obvious. Typings go Bug -> Bug/Flying -> Bug/Ghost)

Pokédex Entries -
    Appepillar - Despite having a small mouth, Appepillar will slowly eat everything in sight. It only evolves after eating a massive amount of food.
    Faminoth - After having evolved from Appepillar, Famimoth's mouth is completely gone. Its stomach caves in further as it needs food more and more.
    Mortemoth - In an act of desparation, most of Mortemoth's usual body functions have shut down to conserve energy. It drains the life force of its victims in order to sustain itself.

Abilities -
    Appepillar - Gluttony
    Faminoth - Klutz
    Mortemoth - Deterioration (The user loses 1/4 of its max HP at the end of each turn and cannot use items)

Mortemoth Signature Move - Life Drain - 120 BP, 100 ACC, Ghost-type, 5 Base PP, Special, "The user recovers 1/2 the HP lost by the target, rounded half up."

Other Flavor / Notes -
    - The evolution levels for this family are 10, and then 12. I'm trying to imply here that Faminoth dies upon evolution while still keeping it kid-friendly, so the Pokédex never states that it dies, but the evolution levels kinda say that "Faminoth doesn't last long," soooo...
    - Mortemoth would have something like 50/50/50/110/110/120 for stats, and although that seems broken for early-game, most early-game Pokémon use physical attacks and Mortemoth will be no exception. Its part Ghost typing would be a worry since a lot of things are stuck with Normal moves early game, but on the other end, a lot of things get Bite and Lick early on.
    - Competitively, this thing could be a very, VERY fragile, but possibly very useful wallbreaker. Its Special Defense doesn't matter if its HP is low and it's weak to entry hazards and its own ability. It'd be high risk thanks to its frailty, but I think possibly in a tier not named OU, it would have at least some use for its raw power. Life Drain is dumb strong and Ghost is a phenomenal offensive typing, as long as it could get past Pursuit users. I doubt it would get Focus Blast, but Dazzling Gleam would be its best shot there.
    - I based these off of the luna moth, and like quite a few other moths, the luna moth has no mouth upon coming out of its coccoon. It has a very, very short lifespan because of this, I think only lasting about a week? That plays into the design here in obvious ways.

The concept is kind of out there so I don't expect to win, but best of luck to everyone who's joining!

5. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I hope I'm not too late for this thing.
    309f2f02-54e7-4e4d-af5f-8e9722bda415.png Typing: Ghost/Psychic
    Pokédex entry: Reflecaster can see into the future, and show what it sees to others. Reflecaster is usually happy to show others what their future will be, but if it's feeling mischievous it may show deceitful images that can lead someone to become obsessed or insane.
    Signiture move: Mind trick. A ghost type status move with 85% accuracy. If the opponent is a female, they get cursed. If they're male, they get either confused or paralyzed. Has no affect on Pokémon without gender.
    Abilities: First ability-Tinted lens. Second ability-Oblivious. Hidden ability-Prankster.
    Method of evolution: For Narsaquissus, Reflecaster has to be male. It will evolve when leveled up while paralyzed. For Sangreia, Reflecaster has to be female. It will evolve when leveled up while paralyzed.
    e9c3e9fd-3954-48a7-aff7-341962f3a859.png
    Typing: Ghost/Water
    Pokédex entry: Narsaquissus is a Pokémon that has become obsessed with a vision it saw from Reflecaster. Narsaquissus can't help but look at any reflective surface it can find in hopes of seeing the vision again.
    Signiture move: Mind trick
    Abilities: First ability-Oblivious. Second ability-Water veil. Hidden ability-Rivalry.
    a4987601-92ac-4e06-8035-d522956420b9.png
    Typing: Ghost/Water.
    Pokédex entry: Sangreia's mind has been broken by what it saw in Reflecaster's vision. It is paranoid of danger and hides in reflections. Sangreia will viciously attack anything or anybody that bothers it.
    Signiture move: Mind trick
    Abilities: First ability-Tinted lens. Second ability-Water veil. Hidden ability-Rivalry.

6. Jeydis

Jeydis Midnight Gourmand

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,988.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    edit: Gah I didnt notice the deadline was not the 31st on this one! Shoot. Oh well, keeping this here for posterity.

This was kinda fun to concept. I decided to pick out of the unused types list and got Rock/Ghost.

Went for a fossil theme but not a revived fossil like the current fossilmons.
    -------------------
    [​IMG]

Name: Cragtomb
    Species: Unearthing Pokémon
    Type: Rock/Ghost
    Abilities: Ancient (Increases defense or special defense once a turn)
    Stats:
    HP: 90
    Atk: 90
    Def: 100
    SpA: 40
    SpD 100
    Spe: 40

Dex entry: Cragtombs are born from ancient statues and stone relics, left to collect dust in ancient tombs. The spirits of the dead collect to these stony beings and form a new life for themselves. Collecting their remnants for defense as well as intimidation.

Signature move:
    Runed Charge
    10PP / Physical
    Base Power: Varies
    Accuracy: 90
    Rock type
    Deals damage based on the user's defense or special defense, whichever is highest.

Movepool:
    1 - Tackle
    1 - Harden
    4 - Astonish
    7 - Headbutt
    11 - Rock Tomb
    15 - Runed Charge
    20 - Bite
    23 - Iron Defense
    28 - Rock Slide
    32 - Shadow Bone
    36 - Ancient Power
    40 - Bulldoze
    46 - Facade
    51 - Shadow Force
    56 - Earthquake
    61 - Headsmash

#6 Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.