1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Desolate Lands

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by LassusVulpes, Jan 3, 2021.

1. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Asga, huh? That's a nice name," Daigo mused as he shook Asga's hand. It was a bit warm -- as warm as a ghoul's hand could be. Little did Daigo know that Asga was a pyromancer, though.

Before the lizardman could say anything else, he heard Angela announcing the room they all were going to use for the night. A room... for seven? Could it be...? he mentally wondered upon realizing the people who were with Angela just a moment ago.

But then Maya came, snapping him back to reality. "Oh, Maya!" Daigo greeted the dwarf girl. "We've got company... I think," he sheepishly replied as he wasn't entirely sure whatever had just happened. Pointing at Asga, he continued, "Maybe this guy can explain? His name's Asga, by the way."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,990.4
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    "Hello, Asga!" Maya chirped before thinking for a moment. "Oh gosh. Well, this is embarrassing. I... bought some MREs earlier for if we go out again, but if I remember correctly, I only got two - for four fangs. I... probably should go and get the other ten tomorrow if there's going to be more of us." Of course, she didn't mention the part where she hadn't had the confidence to attempt for any other items, despite thinking they could be useful.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #82 Jul 17, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  3. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,827.6
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Angela grabs Iva's knife out of the dresser and lays it flat "We're not living here . . . we're spending the night . please be more careful Iva."

"Oop, my bad. Just tired." Iva seemed to have a chime in her voice as she stared at the ceiling.

Angela went back to reading stat sheets as the door opens, and the dark elf walks into the room , they called their bunks , and laid out their equipment , and warned the two in the room about touching their shit.

"good to note." Angela mutters, and continues reading. Iva seemed to not hear a damned thing.

"What do you think tomorrow will bring us?" Iva asked Angela slumping over the bed.

"hm. . . I don't know. All I know, is we need to focus on heading to the village. If we stall too long, bad things can happen." Angela seemed to be more serious about this then at other times.

@BZRich64
    -~-
    The Innkeep looks at Rock up and down, "Hon . The festive seasons are over, there's not a need for bright green trees out walking. If you want to have a use, I'll need you to tail that reptile that just picked a quest, there's somethin fishy bout them." The Innkeep placed her arms on the bar and glanced at the Reptile that was being distracted by a ghoul. "ghouls and reptiles. . . the hell is the city wall thinking about letting them in? all it'll bring is discord." the innkeep muttered to herself.

4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @ChocoChicken @Jupjami

"Ah, okay," Daigo said to Maya with a bit unsure tone. "Maybe we could ration them to get all of us fed..."

But then the lizardman jerked his head up as he remembered what he was going to do. "Welp, if y'all excuse me, I have a quest to do," he sheepishly mused before making his way out to do his quest.

(OOC note: Daigo knows the quest poster's name and location as well as the quest's details (in this case, what the missing dog looks like and where it was last seen), but I don't. Will see what @LassusVulpes has to say about it.)

#84 Jul 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  5. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    "Hey hey, Maya, right?" Asga said, tilting his head at the third girl (she's small!) as the lizard left for whatever quest he had. Quests sound exciting! I should try goin' on one tomorrow! Seeing as he caught her attention he asked the question which had plagued his mind since he thought of it and sent his brain on a wild trip:

"Uhh, what's an MRE?"

(kinda short but eh)

6. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,990.4
    "Oh! Yeah, hello again!" Maya gave the new team member a bright smile. "I... am not quite sure what the initials mean exactly but it's food! Prepackaged food. Enough to last a meal, maybe longer if you spread it out and really don't mind going hungry. Somehow. While adventuring."

7. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    Rock narrowed his eyes as the innkeeper finished, his mood souring considerably. He had been trying to be friendly and genuinely wanted to help out, but now silently retracted his offer. He could not justify helping or supporting anyone who talked about others that way. With a slight nod, as polite as he could muster, Rock turned and walked over to where some of his new teammates were gathered. The reptilian boy had already left the inn, leaving Asga and a young dwarf girl he hadn't met yet.

"Hello, my name's Rock," he smiled and held out his hand for the girl to shake it. "You are part of Angela's group, are you not? It looks like we will be working together for the time being."

8. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,827.6
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    As dusk became night, the inn became more popular, and people came around gathering around for drinks, tales, and rest. The Innkeep goes out to smoke a cigarette , as the barmaid gives Gin , Ale, Beer, and Rum to all who ask. The refreshing feeling of the inn brings comfort to those who have entered its calling rooms.

*The Party has been healed, and energy has replenished*

Iva cracks her fingers stretching , the rooms door still open a crack , the moon light illuminating through the lone window in the kitchen. The reflection of the moon on a pan catches Iva's eye and her stomach rumbles at the thought of food. "Well someone's hungry" Angela comments. "C'mon, let's go grab food for the group, and while we eat we can discuss on a team name." Angela closes her tablet, and as she stands stretches with her arms in the air. The sound of Angela's bones popping reminded Iva of a water bottle being crushed , Crisp and to the point.

"Alright! Sounds good." Iva chimed a hum in her voice as she dropped off the bunk.

"You comin along?" Angela turned to Tam "We're heading downstairs to get some food if you want any."

-~-

@SAF

There's two types of quests in this RP. Story driven ones, and freelance gigs. The current quest *Lost dog* is a freelance, meaning there is no actions needed, besides leaving the gate, skipping a turn, and coming back at the next Lassus Post. *after he explains what happened on the quest* Freelance gigs are a thing that'll help boost reputation, and gain some resources, without spending twelve posts dealing with a simple dog. Just helps speed up the RP , and not drag on something so simple

The more party members that join a freelance, the better the reputation points for the city, but the lower badassery reputation points *will explain later on when we're in a bad part of town*

Story Quests, will appear in red once they show. But for now, we have our own quest. of getting to Angelas village and learning more of these desolate lands.

SAF likes this.
  9. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,521.6
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    "Eh, sure." Tam replied. They were getting hungry as well and were getting bored fiddling with their dagger. They climbed out of the bunk and put the knife back in its sheath on their hip. "I could go for a drink too. How much money do we have to work with?"

Tam started looking through their backpack again to see if they left anything of use in it. They always knew where all the things they used for experiments were at any given time, but maybe they had some other stuff they forgot about, like snacks or a blood bomb (don't ask). The pack seemed to be empty though, and so they just took a syringe and a few empty vials off the bed and put it in their pocket.

10. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    "Ahhh,, no wonder ya need a lot!" Talking with Maya is fun! Asga declared in his mind. She's nice, cheery, and answered a lot of questions the ghoul had 'bout this weird world.

Speaking of this world, it still felt very surreal, in a way… like something from a fantasy roleplay! Sucked that his species isn't really liked by many people, though. Even the pretty bartender seems to hold some reservations; he overheard some of her muttering to the orc guy (and felt slightly smug when the orc guy snubbed her afterwards)

Speaking of the orc guy - Rocking Hole or somethin', right? From what he's seen so far the bloke's a good man, and makes damn fine music! Asga wasn't able to talk to 'im that much yet, though… "Yo Rocko!" the pyromancer greeted as the tall orc approached him and Maya.

11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    One quick trip to the gate later...

"Excuse me. I heard someone lost their dog -- may I go out to look for it?" Daigo informed the guards. He had to, lest the locals would think he's a criminal or something.

12. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,990.4
    "Hello, Rock!" The orc in front of her seemed friendly enough. "Yeah, I'm with Iva and Daigo - I guess we're all on the same side if you guys are too! Nice to meet ya - I'm Maya! And I have no idea how I got here but I am here now I guess. Well, I know how I got HERE, as in the inn - we walked - but I don't know how I ended up in this whole place."

13. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    Rock glanced between Asga and Maya. Both seemed to be rather excitable and cheery individuals.
    "Hello, Asga!" Rock turned from the ghoul to the dwarf. "It's good to meet you, Maya. I'm afraid that I don't know how any of us ended up here, either. Hopefully we'll learn more about this place as time goes on. How has this world been treating you so far? Not too bad, I hope."

14. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,827.6
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    (what is this? it looks like a rp thread, idk tho, jk hi sorry for delay, been playin a shit ton of Rimworld and been busy with Manga / a shit ton of other stuff)

The bedroom group all agreed to get food. Downstairs "Don't worry about paying, I'll cover you guys today." Angela waves her hand to Tam. As Tam investigated his bag , Iva hopped off her bunk, and started to make way to the downstairs, as she walked down a narrow hall, a puffy white cat ran past her hissing as it passed. As it ran off it made some ticking sounds like a printer "odd." Iva mutters . "Then again never had a cat, so . don't know what they sound like typically."

(this is completely based on how my sisters cat Lycan is btw. Runs by, hisses, and sounds like a jammed printer)

@SAF

The guard kicks it feet back and looks at Daigo. " If dawn comes before you, you will not be admitted back in. " It was a different guard, much deeper voice, a gargle in their voice. Scribbling some marks on a paper, completely incomprehensible , and smacking it onto a pin board and sticking a dagger in it.

-~-

Tavern

-~-

As Iva walked downstairs , a screen formed in front of her, "A party member (Daigo) Has departed on a quest!" She swiped it off, and looked around the room, seeing Maya , the orc, and ghoul all with the same screen. "Guess it was a party notification . . ." Iva mutters

(no saf, this message does not go to Daigo, and is just for the five of us. just so all characters are aware of your departure)

SAF likes this.
  15. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,521.6
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Tam walked down after Iva, just barely hearing a cat hiss as they left the room. Partway down the stairs, a screen randomly popped up in front of them saying "A party member (Daigo) has departed on a quest!"

'Who the hell is Daigo?' Tam thought to themself. Unsure of how to get rid of the screen, they slowly touched it and slid it to the left. It worked and the screen was gone.

At the bottom of the stairs, Tam looked around again. They noticed that the dragon guy was gone, however Mr. Lizard-Lover was now excitedly talking with Rock and the dwarf. Nobody else from before seemed to have left, so Tam concluded that the dragon person from before might have been this "Diago" the screen mentioned.

Tam went to the bar and knocked on the table to get the bartender's attention.

16. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,990.4
    The moment Tam entered Maya waved back at them, completely oblivious to the fact that they didn't even wave to her to begin with, before turning back to Rock. "World's been... okay! I have no clue what I'm doing half the time and Angela's basically been giving us the rundown of everything, and also a dragon that could probably murder all of us with a flick of a claw if it wanted just passed by us at one point and killed a bunch of wolves that we were struggling against by chance, but no big deal. Yet. Still glad to have some more people with us, three of us against the world might have been a struggle!"

SAF likes this.
  17. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    "Damn, sounds like ya guys had fun," Asga said, leaning against his chair as he watched the weird necromancer guy enter. "Most interesting thing that happened to me was wakin' up in a ditch and findin' the old man," the ghoul huffed, annoyed at the lack of adventure so far. Well, that was kinda interesting, but Asga wanted to fight something, for gods' sake! Hopefully with these guys, things would become more fun…

SAF likes this.
  18. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    Rock stared at the alert that had popped up in front of him. Daigo? Must have been the lizard person that had run out of the inn a moment ago. He briefly considered asking the others whether they should go after him to make sure he was alright, but ultimately decided to just close the notification instead. He was sure that Daigo must know what he was doing. Probably.

"Well, hopefully things don't end up getting too crazy for us," Rock brought his attention back to the conversation. "At least not until we're ready for it, anyway."

19. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,827.6
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Iva sat at a table and stared up at the roof almost in a daze wondering what food they'd want as Angela walked alongside Tam to the bar. The Bartender turned to the slam "What'll it be?" Angela looks at the Bartender, their hair, black, short and split in the middle. They wore a tuxedo and was more on the bulky side. . .

-~- @SAF Daigos Quest log -~- (I rolled a d20, 1-6 bad outcome, 7-12 medium outcome, 13-20 good outcome.)
    |Outcome 5|

As Daigo walked through the forest, a wolf howl echoed through the trees. As he went deeper and deeper in the forest, looking for the dog. Bad luck had struck, the path he had been walking on had a large tree fallen over the path. He had to climb over it, as he did he stepped on an ant hill that burst with activity , large crimson ants broke out, with giant mandibles. They punctured through Daigo's rough scales -7 HP

He ran for water, and jumped in. The ants washed off into the shallow river |Inflicted Wet, -4 accuracy, -12 cold tolerance), and Daigo goes back on his track. He finds the dog. . . but not in a status he wants. The dog was missing limbs, its collar torn off its neck, tufts of fur scattered about. He picks up the collar, and returns back to the owner. Giving the torn collar to the first person who opened the door, and walked off without a word to be said.

|blame the die, not me|
    -~-

20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    And thus, Daigo went back to the outpost with a grievous look on his face. He even looked like he was about to cry. I mean, back when he was a human, as a former aspiring veterinarian, the worst death of a pet was a neighbor's dog dying from illness. But this? It's way too horrifying for his liking.

#100 Aug 15, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2021