1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Destiny Character Request

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Halcyon Storm, Jul 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Okay, here's what's up:
    As you may or may not know, I have recently started a Pokémon fanfiction called "Destiny".​
    The main character is, how original, a girl named Destiny.​
    And after a while, I really got into it, however, my story isn't being read much.​
    One of the things I came up with to make my fanfiction more popular, is to make actual artwork of Destiny herself!​
    Unfortunately, I suck at making art :P
    So here's the deal:
    If someone could make me actual great artwork of Destiny, I will reward that person with:​
    $7.500 POKÉPOINTS
    Now, there are two restrictions:​
    1. It must be digital artwork (so no drawing etc.) This is because I want to use the artwork in other things, such as a signature.
    2. It must be artwork of just the character, so no backgrounds, or any other additional things.
    I understand that it's impossible to make artwork of a character you don't know anything about. Therefore, here's a list of traits I've already given to Destiny so far:​
    • Blue eyes
    • Long, black hair
    • Somewhat tall
    • Big breasts (but not overdone please)
    • An overall beautiful, yet badass girl
    • She has a backpack of some sort
    • I was thinking of making her clothes red or black, but if you think something else fits better, feel free to differ.
    If you want more information about her characteristics, I highly recommend reading something from my fanfiction, the link to the thread is in my signature.​
    I hope this will work, because I'm almost as stoked for this as I am for OR/AS :D
    I will be away from Sunday 20th till Sunday 27th, so you can't contact me then, unfortunately. However, if you have any questions, you can ask @[member='Karatekid770'], we're good friends, so he can probably help you out :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Hey guys

I'm making this post to let you all know that I'm gonna help Astral with this while he is gone, so if you have any questions just ask me and I will try to answer them (not guaranteed because I can't contact Astral either)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Scrafty1

Scrafty1 Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    So, someone should use something like a model maker/make a sprite? Because some people are able to draw digitally if they do digital art. Other times, people are able to do the lineart by hand, scan it and colour it digitally.
    Just wanted to clarify this since you said it shouldn't be drawn~

EDIT: [member=@karatekid770]- Any digital art should be fine?

4. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    @[member="Scrafty"] Yes, anything goes, as long as the final result is digital. So, something like http://goo.gl/f7jms3 or http://goo.gl/lMQcE6 would be the best. This is just because I want to use the image in other things, like a signature.

5. ScreamoShaymin

ScreamoShaymin PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I recently got GIMP, so I'll try this out. I've got a design in mind, and I need the practice with drawing poses. If it doesn't work, then oh well. I'm going to try, though.

Are there any other personality traits you had in mind? Favorite music, quirks, etc?

6. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Eh, not really, my fanfiction isn't far enough to have a huge character description. But her personality is somewhat like this:

Destiny is a strong girl, who gets angry rather quickly. She doesn't like it when people comment her on her appearance, and isn't really subtle in telling people that. She's quite stubborn, and will do the impossible in order to reach her goal. She refuses to give up on anything, no matter what, and just dives right into the fight. However, although she might not show it, she deeply cares for those who help her, and she'll do everything to prevent them from getting hurt. When she really needs to, she can be really intelligent, and come up with a brilliant strategy. She doesn't fear the greatest of enemies, but she gets afraid when she is attacked mentally. (basically, she hates it when people f*ck with her mind xD)

I hope that makes it a bit more clear :)

7. ScreamoShaymin

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Ah. One more question:

Would you rather see her in pants, shorts, or a skirt?

8. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Now, when I first imagined how she would look like, I pictured her wearing a skirt, but honestly, I don't really have a specific preference. In my opinion, the clothing really kind of depends on how the artist designed the rest of the body. However, while reading back a part of my fanfiction, I did come across this:

They entered the dark cave. Destiny had quite some trouble traversing the cave, with lots of falling and getting up again. When they finally reached the end, Destiny had scratches all over her arms and legs. She looked as if she had been in a fight with an angry cat.

Which does indicate that she was indeed wearing either shorts or a skirt. But once again, if you feel like she should be wearing pants, please go ahead and do that, because you know that better than I. :D

9. ScreamoShaymin

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Alrighty then! I decided to put her in pants, because I thought that it fit the design I had for her. I know Deltheor will be able to outdo me, but here it is! Kinda resembles Red a little bit, though.

I might touch it up a little, if you want me to.

[​IMG]

Butternut and Halcyon Storm like this.
  10. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    That is amazing! :D Especially because I made this thread yesterday, and I ALREADY have an entry!

I love the way you put the black and red in the clothing, and the hand-thing, whatever that's called xD

However, I am going to wait a little longer, just to see if other people want to give it a shot as well. (I'll at least wait until next week)

If you want to edit some things you come up with later, feel free to do so, I'll just go from the final result.

And whenever I'm going to end this, I'll most definitely put up a participation prize, so you'll get something for entering this anyway!

11. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    At last, I have finished, what do you think Astral?
    [​IMG]

12. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Again, this looks great! Thank you so much for joining :D

However, I have to say that it doesn't look exactly as I expected. (I hate to say negative things, because I know you've put a lot of effort into this). I imagined Destiny to look a little bit more powerful/energetic/aggresive. Your entry, which is still great, looks more like a regular girl, which is not exactly Destiny's style.

Anyway, I still think your artwork is amazing, thank you for doing this, and you'll definitely receive a participation prize. If you want to edit something, feel free to do so.

I really have to go now, so until next Sunday, you can ask your questions to @[member='karatekid770'].

13. Doki-i

Doki-i School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    [​IMG]
    I made a speedpaint video for it too :D http://youtu.be/dzqpdBZ4kx4

Halcyon Storm and Butternut like this.
  14. espeonbird

espeonbird Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I wasn't planning on doing anything for this but I did and I ended up spending way too much time on it

[​IMG]

Halcyon Storm and Butternut like this.
  15. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Your time was well spend :D thanks for your entry, in two/three days Astral will be back and he will give his opinion.
    But I think he'll like it, because it has pretty much everything he asked for.

16. Minthia

Minthia Ruin Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I decided to give this a go as well.
    [​IMG]

17. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    @[member="Doki-i"] Thank you so much for your entry :D I watched your speedpaint video, and it's great! I do have one question: Why did you make all the outlines blue, instead of the standard black? I think black would look better, but that's just my opinion :)

@[member="espeonbird"] Thanx so much as well :D It really look amazing, it's really cool, and I don't have anything that I think is wrong with it :P

@[member="Minthia"] :O Holy shit :O How... :O How do you do that :O I can't even... :O It's so detailled, and so damned legit!!! The only thing I noticed is her right arm; from the first look, it seems like she has a really short arm xD But other than that... :O

18. Minthia

Minthia Ruin Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Thank you. Wow how did I not notice the arm O_O it's way too short I'm gonna try and fix it thanks for pointing that out. :)

Update: I fixed the arm as well as a couple other things I noticed I probably should have looked over it a bit better the first time. :sweat:

[​IMG]

19. Doki-i

Doki-i School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Aw you're welcome c:
    I usually like to use different colors for my lineart because I focus a lot into the colors I put in the picture. Sometimes black fights a little bit for attention in a picture or doesn't stand out in the right way.
    I barely color with black too, but for the purpose of the contest I did stay true to the color scheme you wanted. Though, since she already has black on her, I guess the different shade of outlining is just a bit unnecessary. xD

20. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Automatic generated message
    This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Contest is over, winners will be announced soon.

If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
    Lake Valor Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.