1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 4 Did you buy D/P/Pt on launch?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Title. Did you buy any of these games on launch in your country?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Poffin

Poffin King of Destruction

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I was 13 when Diamond and Pearl released. Kinda hard to remember if I bought it on launch day as it was kind of a bad year but it had to have been around launch at the very least. Platinum on the other hand I think I bought in 2010, a year or so after North American release. Again, kinda hard to remember. I'm an old lady.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I didn't, but it wasn't long after launch when I got them, a few months later I think. But I didn't have a DS so yeah, didn't buy them till I got one.

4. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,507.1
    I never actually bought any of the Gen IV games. I kind of fell out of Pokémon for awhile about when D/P launched. I started to get back into the series around when HeartGold/SoulSilver came out but didn't start playing the games again until Gen V.

5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,881.5
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    No, since I don't own a DS and I didn't know about it back then.

6. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I think I got Diamond shortly after launch. Like a few weeks later

7. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    yes =) I was incredibly impatient. Even bought Japanese Pearl since I couldn't wait six months for its NA release lol.

8. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I got pearl for myself and diamond for my little brother on launch. I did the same with two platinum versions when it launched too. We would compete with each other throughout the games and we still do with the current gens today.

9. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,687.0
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I bought Diamond and Platinum on launch, still remember the day Diamond got released clearly.

10. Aalacer

Moonwalk
    (Lunatone)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽484.7
    Same with me, but with Pearl. Diamond came to me later, so I gave Pearl to my brother (we kind of shared it) and started the new one. I bought Platinum at launch as well.
    I bought the three of them in a store that no longer exists, in fact.

11. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    Diamond and Pearl were my gateway to Pokémon. I saw the commercial for Pearl and fell in love with it. I bought it but I think it was a few weeks after its initial launch though. Platinum however I got on launch date.

12. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Ja, my parents got me a copy of Pokémon Pearl when it came out for my birthday. Pearl was actually the first Pokémon game that belonged to me and I played to completion.

13. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Nope. These were the days when Nintendo conveniently forgot the EU existed - come to think of it, they still do that - so I wound up importing a copy of Diamond from the US, three months(!) before the UK release date. I did the same with Platinum, too. A big percentage of my DS titles are imported, in fact.

My mother didn't get a copy of Pearl until November of that year, long after it came out.

14. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I can't remember, because I was really young, but I probably didn't got on launch day.

15. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Nah, I actually got mine pretty late in the game, maybe two or three months after release X3

16. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I didn’t end up playing any of Gen 4 until 2011 because I wasn’t even playing video games when they launched.

17. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I got mine as a christmas present some time after the release. Not sure how long after. I got the DS at the same time. My parents didn't want me to have a DS at first because there were some health warnings on it, but pretty much everything has health warnings so I guess it didn't really matter all that much.

18. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,933.2
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I’ve literally never bought a game when it released. (The earliest game I bought was Sun a few days after Christmas). When D/P were released in 2006 that means I was only 3. I can’t remember when I actually got the game, I might have been in second grade.

19. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Yup! I think I was in... 3rd or 4th grade when Diamond and Pearl were released. I remember getting Pearl the day it came out because I got a stylus with Palkia on the end tip plus the guidebook. Wow what a nostalgia trip.

20. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Pokémon Moon and Ultra Moon were the only games I actually got the chance to buy on launch. Diamond was my first game, but if I remember correctly, I got it about a month or three later. :( Sinnoh is my favorite region though and I'm just glad that it was also my first region ^^