1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Did you eat a homemade lunch or did you eat at the Cafeteria?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sohrob101, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    When you went to school, did you always bring your own lunch to eat? Or did you prefer eating from the school Cafeteria? If you ate Homemade lunches, what was the main food you would always make every day? Did you make your own Homemade lunch, or did someone else make it for you?

For me it was back in middle school where i would always get Bagels with butter in my lunch. Eventually when i got to high school i finally started to eat at the cafeteria. I currently eat in the cafeteria now :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I tend to have a mix of the two. Since I'm a pretty active guy, I get really hungry and need to eat a ton of calories (around 4800 per day). I'll bring snacks like trail mix, granola bars, apple chips, water, and potato chips to make sure I'm eating throughout the day, and I'll eat a lunch from the cafeteria to curb my appetite :P I've been doing this for a few years now.

3. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,032.8
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Well my school had no cafeteria, because here only boarding schools and universities have that. So if kids wanted something to eat while at school they had to bring their own lunch. I didn't bring my own lunch since well I was never really hungry around lunch time and two meals a day is enough for me, breakfast and dinner.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    In Elementary and Middle School, it varied, sometimes I'd pack a lunch and sometimes I'd buy.
    In HS and college I bought from the cafe.

5. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I pack my own lunch because the school lunches here are gross. >.> Usually I just bring leftovers or a sandwich.

6. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I never ate in school. I just felt uncomfortable eating at school since bringing homemade food wasn't warm, and eating food in the cafeteria was really gross. It wasn't healthy at all and really just got me sick whenever I tasted it.

7. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    When I attended school, it was a nasty cafeteria lunch 99% of the time. I was raised by one parent most of my childhood and they never had time to pack me a lunch, and I was too much of a lazy ass myself to pack my own lunch.

8. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I could never eat the cafeteria lunches, they always made me sick. But I had no time to make a lunch in the morning, so I often just went the whole day without eating. Even now I don't really eat until midafternoon, haha.

9. Goomy

Goomy School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I always brought lunch as a kid, because I'm really picky and I never liked school lunches, but eventually I decided making lunch was too much work so I just suck it up and buy lunch. Most of the time I just get what the school tries to pass as a "salad option" (literally a yogurt cup and some fruit slices in a box) or just wait until I get home to eat.

10. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    At first, I brought school lunches, but now I just eat from the cafeteria. Thankfully we don't have that weird slime looking "food" here. :P

11. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I have always brought my own lunch, just because it's much cheaper. I'm not going to pay for food at school if I can make it at home for free! I mean, I bet the food in the school cafeteria tastes nice, but the price tag already makes me uninterested. I'll just stick with my own food :P

12. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    In junior high I ate school lunch since it was provided to us for free.. but come high school I started bringing mom's lunches instead because they weren't free anymore, haha. And the sandwiches my mom made were really delicious. :'D Moved over to purchasing again in college because food courts had a pretty wide selection and some of the options weren't as unhealthy as some of the school meals, lol.

13. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    The cafeteria food at my high school wasn't that bad (they made some pretty damn good cookies), so every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday I'd buy from the cafeteria. Wednesday and Friday my mom made me lunch to bring. :)

14. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    In Highschool I mostly ate from the canteen but ever since college and university it's been mostly buying out. Surprisingly enough ever since I started my internship I've been mostly bringing food with me.

15. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Back in secondary school, I lived off the cafeteria for lunch, but now that I'm at college, I still don't bring anything XD I just go into town or something for lunch most times now.

16. YouHoney

YouHoney Snow wanderer

PokéPoints:
    ₽135.9
    In Finland, school lunch is free and good.

So i ate in school, still do xD

17. Aurelia

Aurelia Supporter

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    My goodness, in my middle school years and high school years I never ate the food they had. One, its a total rip off, and it was extremely gross. The only thing I would even look at was the water bottles they had and even that was something I didn't want to pay for.

I mean, when you were a Senior at my school, you were allowed to go off campus for lunch as long as you were able to make it to the next class. I usually went to Subway or something but majority of the time, I stayed at the school or never ate. I would've love to bring food from home, albeit half of the things I had needed a microwave and my school was too cheap to let us students use one.

18. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    I've pretty much always had to settle for the questionable school "food", since we could never really afford for me to pack my lunches every day and still keep groceries at home. On rare occasions in Elementary or on field trips, though, I did get some days to bring my own lunch from home and boy, did they taste like heaven compared to what was served in the cafeteria. The schools I went to from 7th - 9th grade actually had great lunches, surprisingly, so I didn't mind eating those!

19. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I used to eat in the cafeteria all of the time in elementary school, but I switched to homemade in middle school/ junior high. I prefer the school lunches still tho...

20. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Honestly, a bit of both. Just depended on my mood or what food we had at home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.