1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Did You Name A Pokemon After Something?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Catcher' started by Geroniny, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽993.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    I managed to get a Mystery Egg, and I named it Debbie.

If you understand the underlying humor of that name, all the power to you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,598.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    I name most of my Pokémon here after whatever came to my mind at that moment. My favorite one was my Jigglypuff whom I named after a Cytus 2 character, PAFF. Might as well make it JigglyPAFF tho~ :v

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    RadEmpoleon likes this.
  3. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,111.9
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I named my Meloetta egg Crescendo, after one of the few musical terms I know. It means to gradually increase the sound of music I’m pretty sure.

4. NaruhinaKage

Enusko
    (Oshawott)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.3
    I have a Fennekin named after Kushina Uzumaki from Naruto, a Shiny Roggenrola named after the Tsuchikage from Naruti, a Bulbasaur named after Hashirama Senju from Naruto, a Deoxys egg named after the Ōtsutsuki clan from Naruto, a Jirachi egg named after the Hoshikage from Naruto, a Lapras named after the Three-Tailed Turtle from Naruto, a Zekrom egg named after the Raikage from Naruto, and a female Nidoran accidentally named after Sai from Naruto (I was just calling it "rhino" in Japanese, who could've guessed that would happen). Yeah...lots and lots of Naruto references...I clearly LOVE the Naruto series, ya'know. Believe it! :)

5. 13eevee

Eevee (S)
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    i name my eevee after it evolves then i name it like my last eevee frost evolved into glaceon

6. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,111.9
    I named my shiny Vanillish Grape because it's purple. Although grape ice cream doesn't sound any good, I suppose...

7. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    GS Ball ★★★★★Oran Berry ★★
    Generally I have a few categories for naming my Pokémon here

Elements - Basically a name relating to what type they are
    Food - If they look like food they get a food name. Eggs also get the same treatment
    OCs - If I have an OC of that Pokémon I will name them as such
    Famous People - If something about the Pokémon envokes something of a famous person they'll have that name

8. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,111.9
    This shiny Ralts is named Anthem because Anthem is the name I've chosen for myself. It sounds nice, and seems fitting for a Ralts

9. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Not as much on LV as I do when writing fanfics. In that case I want the character names to stand out.

10. GigaGold1

GigaGold1 Blaziken Fan

MEW!!!
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1.2
    Thunder Stone ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I named my Darumaka Kratos, the god!

11. GigaGold1

GigaGold1 Blaziken Fan

MEW!!!
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1.2
    Cool name!

RadEmpoleon likes this.
  12. GigaGold1

GigaGold1 Blaziken Fan

MEW!!!
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1.2
    Good one! I really wanna get into one piece soon.

13. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Almost two years ago, I named my Meloetta egg after a specific kind of musical sign used in the mid-byzantine notation (mittelbyzantinische Notation) - Phonai. They, in turn, consist of Somata and Pneumata, though I don't know if the English language uses different terms for them. Back then, I had to present the history of musical notation and found the term quite fitting (in addition to sounding nice).