1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Diets

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BiohazardSr, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    Are you on a diet currently? Have you ever been on a diet? What kind of diet are you on? Why are you on this diet?

I am currently on my own diet. I'm currently trying to lose about 10 pounds is why. The biggest reason I've started to do such a thing is because I had recently learned what goes in the food I eat. I have a better understanding as to what goes into my mouth and how it affects me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I have been on diets before, and I can definitely say 100% that none really worked for me in the long run. A lot of diets calorie-restrict and that's a no go. Once I had gone off a diet, I started to binge and started gaining weight even faster. I did lose weight, but most of it was water-weight. It just wasn't for me.
    For the past year, I've been living a vegan lifestyle. It honestly makes me feel alive and I've been able to lose and maintain weight without really exercising. I've definitely become more aware of what I eat, especially in the ethical sense. After all, there's nothing wrong with fruits and veggies.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I did change my diet. Does that count?

Most diets tend to work in some way or another, but they all have to fulfil 2 basic criteria (never mind others): first, your body's metabolism has to anticipate and react well to it; second, you have to keep consistent about it.

While there is no set food menu or pattern I have now when eating food, I can safely say that changing what food I ate did make a difference. I was largely overweight at one point and my diet was mostly carbohydrates. After a shift, I decided to incorporate more protein (fish in particular) and green vegetables into my diet - it's been many months since doing this, and I watched my weight gradually drop down to a more average level for my height and size. All this happened and the amount of exercise I did regularly stayed the same - which was almost nothing.

Food choices work wonders. Wait, haven't I made this post sometime before?

4. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I'm not and never have been, I have however tried to eat healthier but it never worked lol ;u; Thankfully medication I'm now on keeps my weight relatively stagnant.

5. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I've never been on a diet and never will be even if I need to lose weight. Going on a diet is just not the right way to lose weight in my opinion since is a temporary thing. Ones you're done with the diet many just go back to how things where before and put on all the weight they just lost. Instead I changed my diet and lifestyle I eat more veggies and such instead of eating junk food and pasta all the time which is pretty much what I lived off for several years and I gained a lot of weight in that time.

6. Wyxamex

Wyxamex No Man

PokéPoints:
    ₽96.4
    I have not ever been on a diet and don't think I ever will be. Since a diet's goal is to lose weight, continuing the diet will mean you keep losing weight, which tends to be relatively unhealthy. On the contrary, stopping the diet usually means you're going to gain weight again, and relatively quickly too. As such, if I want to lose weight I usually try not to go on a diet in particular, but try to eat healthier food in general, such as substituting candy with fruits and trying to eat breakfast so I don't snack too much throughout the day. Personally I haven't ever actually tried to lose weight, either, despite technically being overweight because I just feel fine the way I am now, and as long as I'm not gaining weight and just keep up a relatively okay lifestyle, I'm pretty sure I'll be fine.

Despite being against diets, I can see why people do it, and it can honestly work if you find a healthy diet you can actually keep up and fall back to when needed. Not to mention it tends to get easier to get into exercise once you've lost some weight. And as long as people are careful and don't pick the wrong diet, I say go for it if that makes you feel better =w=b

7. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I'm kinda on a diet yet kinda not. Mine is basically about watching what I eat combined with a high activity level. in a 9 hour period on a work day I walk about 12.79 miles on a flat surface. this basically equals about 2375 calories and that isn't counting the uneven surfaces that I occasionally do plus the heavy lifting I do. You see I unload the trucks at my local walmart, stock the shelves, and a few other things. I have lost over 40 pounds in 6 months doing this and you can see why. I eat 4 smaller meals a deal with my big one being on my lunch break.

So here's the thing, diets do nothing if you don't turn them into a lifestyle and are not paired with physical activity. I used to be 272, now I'm 209. soooo yeah. my "diet" is going great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.