1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Digital or Traditional Art?

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Wings, Apr 29, 2018.

?

Digital or Traditional?

1. Digital art

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Traditional art

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Both!

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I like both, but I usually only show my digital art, although I draw traditional art more often. My traditional art is usually messier, as I do a lot of drafting. Same with digital art, but I can hide the layers of which I do the drafting on. There is also a wider variety of brushes on the software I use(Photoshop), making it easier to create specific textures.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Wings likes this.
  2. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I'm used to drawing traditionally, but I think I have a preference for digital art. The ink doesn't smudge and I can erase all my mistakes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Wings likes this.
  3. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Digital mostly because it looks cleaner and fresher

Wings likes this.
  4. RegionRunner150

RegionRunner150 PKMN Breeder

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I'm not a real artist so I can't really choose a side based on how much I enjoy doing them, but I like seeing traditional art more because it means no mistakes (or happy accidents if your Bob Ross) meaning you have to work with what happens and roll with the punches.

Wings likes this.
  5. Sylphiel

Sylphiel Swimmer

Volcanion Egg
    (Volcanion Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽568.2
    I like both, but I usually prefer digital art for a few reasons:

- While I have the tools for traditional art, I don't necessarily have the best workspace for it. My normal desk doesn't have that much space for working on things (even if I were to clear the clutter), and my other desk is fairly messy as well. Honestly, this is more of an excuse than anything as it's really "I don't feel like cleaning things up properly".

- The mess. Less mess made in digital artwork. Even if it's just saving on paper for sketches. I have so many papers with various sketches on them that it's not funny.

- Easier to bounce back from mistakes.

- I like the looks it can achieve. Although the same is true for traditional.

Though there are times when I want a specific look that I just can't recreate to my liking on the computer, or maybe I just feel like dabbling with something, so I will pull out the traditional media. But yeah, digital is how usually I go.

Wings likes this.
  6. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I go all traditional because I don't have the talent to draw on the computer. But both are equally good at completely blowing you away.

Wings likes this.
  7. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Recently traditional has been growing on me, because I find that I have more control when drawing on paper. Of course, I'll go back to preferring digital once I get a drawing tablet that I can directly draw on.

Wings likes this.
  8. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,990.4
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    YOU CAN’T UNDO COLOR OR BLUR ON TRADITIONAL ART
    I WOULD BE SCREWED

Wings likes this.
  9. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    I don't really draw much, but when I do I generally go with a traditional pencil and paper. Why? Because all of my attempts at drawing something digitally have turned out looking like absolute garbage. Although I've recently tried mixing the two by drawing and coloring traditionally and then touching it up digitally. Still prefer traditional, though.

Wings likes this.
  10. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I think it depends on what I'm drawing. I prefer digital when I'm drawing animals or Pokémon, probably because it's easier to make them pop, and in general I've found that digital is a lot more vibrant. When I'm drawing people, I've found that they usually turn out better in traditional, though I'm not sure why. The only problem is, I don't really have anything for coloring . . .

Wings likes this.
  11. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Woops. I forgot to check on this thread :sweat:

My friend and I decided to start writing a comic. well, I'm doing the majority of the writing anyway and she'll be drawing. We have completely different artstyles, so that's why only one of us is doing the drawing. She also has a digital tablet, which I feel is pretty much necessary for creating a comic. It just looks cleaner and it's easier to manipulate! I kind of want a tablet now...