1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Disappointing Pokemon

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Darcy, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Darcy

Darcy Strongest Blade in Valor

Eurydice
    (Brione)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,068.1
    Philosopher's CowlPsychium Z ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    [​IMG]

Excluding the new Alolan Forms and Mega Evolutions, there are now 802 Pokémon. With just how many there are, there are bound to be Pokémon that are underwhelming, average, or are just plain terrible. But then there are those Pokémon. Those Pokémon that maybe had a cool idea behind them, a neat ability, or some interesting moves, but ultimately turned out to be lackluster.

What were the most disappointing Pokémon for you?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  2. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Kabutops. A Badass Pokémon with Death Scythes as Arms.

"Oddish used Absorb"

Kabutops 0/350 HP

gg izi

Absolutly dissapointing

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,861.4
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I would say that some of the starters final forms seem to fail in the execution. there are many that are cool, but occasionally they just fall short. Samaurot is a good example, it's first two stages are bipedal ninja otters. it then evolves into (what I'm sure is probaby a great Pokémon but is) a quadrapede unicorn walrus. Lame

4. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Shedinja. Amazing idea, lets have a Pokémon who can only be hurt by super effective attacks but he will only have one health to compensate. Too bad his move pool is next to non-existent and he has terrible stats. This might have been a really fun Pokémon to use if it wasn't so bad.

5. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    Mightyena. I love the thing to death. But the stats are not very good, and the movepool is not very good either.
    Illumise and Volbeat. They have Tail Glow! But last I checked, their movepool was absolute trash.

6. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I gotta say Umbreon and Luxray, both have a shallow move pool, aren't good enough to stand up to their weaknesses as easily as other Pokémon in their generations.

7. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Zebstrika was such a cool Pokémon when I first saw it. It was about time we had a zebra Pokémon to contrast Rapidash.

And yet, when I used one in battle, it just couldn't match up to my hype. Its defenses were lackluster, and being physically based, its strongest move was Wild Charge. I'm not a fan of recoil moves unless Rock Head is in play, so it didn't help it at all. I was soundly disappointed. :(

8. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I have to agree with you here. Umbreon is one of my favorite Pokémon and I would use it a lot in the past, however, it never really shined like other Dark Types did for me. And Luray's shallow movepool made it hard to be really viable.

9. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Both have great designs and I raised both of them on my main team and it is just disappointing that it feels like Pachirisu is more viable then Luxray

10. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,861.4
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Interesting the you would say this, because this is literally what happened in my first diamond play through. Though it was more because shinxs hadn't yet learned an electric type move and pachi had

11. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    I did that too :P I played with bother luxray and pachi for a while but I used Luxray through it all... only to be let down

12. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I actually use Umbreon at competitive pretty often. Sadly everyone was specting more since Gary Oak used it offensively like a really cool looking Pokémon that could stand a Legendary (Actually does if used properly). In the begining I thought like you, but actually like playing with it :3

Lucklily Luxray gets both Ice Fang and Superpower that helps a lot with the coverage and Choice Band really increases the power it offers as physicall offensive Pokémon

13. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    Rampardos and Aggron. I love Aggron to death, but the thing has two 4x weaknesses... I can only allow one pretty much instant death weakness on my Pokémon, I'm sorry. (Remedied by it's Mega Evolution a bit) Rampardos on the other hand is so freaking slow that I'm pretty sure a Shuckle can outrun it. A slow Rock Type is just asking to be one shot.

14. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Skarmory was this for me. I'm not much of a competitive battler, so I never used moves such as Spikes and Whirlwind. The fact that it couldn't learn Acrobatics meant I was soon to ditch it in favour of Crobat.

15. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,900.9
    I found Decidueye to be this. I like his whole robin hood motif, but it disappointing compared to the suave butler I was expecting. And having a ghost type in a game where practically everyone seems to have dark type moves is really bad. When my Dartrix evolved it went my my main fighter to fainting almost every time I tried to use it.

16. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Kommo-o is awesome design-wise, but in the metagame, it sadly falls kinda flat. It's those darn Fairies, and it doesn't quite make the cut for speed to be a sweeper. :(

Same goes for Guzzlord. It's hilarious but it stats are extreme in both directions, making it hard to use.

17. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,944.4
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I would have to say Rampardos, I like Rampardos, is probably one of my favorite fossils but is not that great really. It got a whooping 165 atk but can't really use it because everything can kill it and is so slow at 58 speed so unless you got a trick room going you can sit there and watch your paper bulldozer gets taken down.

I used one doing my first diamond playthrough and unless it was up against another slow mon and I was overleveled Rampardos would generally not get a hit in without nearly dying first.

18. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Design-wise, Ribombee. It just looks... ugh. I had really high hopes for Cutiefly as well, so when I saw what it would evolve into I was super disappointed. Easily one of the most disappointing evolutions for me thus far.
    Battle-wise, Lurantis wasn't as strong as I had hoped it to be. I mean it wasn't totally awful, but it was definitely the weakest member of my Sun team.

19. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    For me, Floatzel. I tried using Floatzel in several playthroughs of the 4th gen games, and a few time I would have a Bibarel on the team that just beat it by miles. Eventually I'd always end up going with Bibarel and boxing Floatzel after a while. Buizel is pretty strong compared to other Pokémon you can get at the same time, but it just feels like it doesn't get a good enough stat boost when it evolves to really make it all that useful. The only thing it really has going for it for me is Aqua Jet for the priority, and that's it. I loved Buizel when I first saw it in the Manaphy movie and I wanted one so badly. It was set to possibly being a new favorite of mine, but it just didn't measure up.

20. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    WHY. IS. VIKAVOLT. SO. HECCING. S L O W