1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discontinuing Our Facebook & Instagram Pages

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Achromatic, Oct 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    We Are Closing Our Facebook & Instagram Pages

This is an official statement to say we're going to be discontinuing our Facebook & Instagram and DeviantArt pages. If you enjoy the content, do not worry! We will not be deleting these pages, so feel free to visit them any time to look back, but as of October 29th 2018, we will no longer be posting to these pages?

Why?
    These pages have been a part of Lake Valor for some years, especially our Facebook page, but in time we have learnt these pages are rarely used and give little to no benefit to our community. Twitter on the other hand has proved to be a more useful tool for growing our community outside of the forums, so we wish to maintain it and focus our efforts there.

DeviantArt is also an example of where it would be better for users to share their works via our Art Zone section or on our Discord (or both) as it gives the entire community exposure, not just users on DeviantArt. You can still share a link to your DA profile in your LV profile contact fields, however!

For now, follow us on Twitter. We hope to see you there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    That is unfortunate but I understand. I just got an Instagram account and I didn’t really know there was an Instagram for LV, but to be fair I probably wouldn’t have interacted much through my personal account because I have friends irl following me who I don’t think would be very understanding about my connection with Pokémon. Thanks for letting us know, though!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    This is another reason why Facebook and ultimately Instagram tend to suffer. Twitter on the other hand is more casual and less connected to your real life! I feel the same way as you do.

Wings likes this.
  4. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I definitely understand. Instagram is tough to keep up with actively as an image-based platform, while Facebook not only has a bad algorithm but is also used more for social/life/work connections rather than fandoms and personal interests. Sad to see them go though, but our Social Team's effort is definitely better spent elsewhere. :<

5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I understand. Discontinuing DA is actually not too bad an idea, as most of the features there can also be found in the Art Corner (likes, critiques, comments, etc.). It's a bit sad to know that, but hey, at least LV-DA users can still look for each other and throw Llamas at each other.

6. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I am sad to hear the Instagram is being discontinued, thought it was neat to have that social media, but I get it. DA was a great social for the artists, loved running it before but it has been sadly left alone. Sometimes you just have to nip the bud. Can't wait to see what comes next :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.