1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

TV / Movies Disney, Dreamworks, or Pixar?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gazi, Jun 12, 2018.

?

Which animation studio do you prefer?

1. Dreamworks

2. Disney

3. Pixar

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    These three studios (and yes, I do consider Pixar to be separate from Disney) seem to constantly be in an unspoken competition with each other. What do you guys think? Which is your favorite?

And what is your favorite movie from each of these studios? For me personally, my favorite of these studios is Dreamworks, followed by Pixar, and then Disney. My favorite movies are Prince of Egypt (Dreamworks) Coco (Pixar), and The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Disney).

2. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Pixar will probably always be my favorite due the fact that all of their movies are just so touching yet fun (Apart from Cars 2, no one likes Cars 2). Doesn't mean I don't like Dreamworks or anything though, HTTYD and Shrek are fantastic, but their movies can fluctuate a bit with quality/humor. Monsters vs. Aliens honestly kinda disappointed me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I like Cars 2. XP

Anyway, definitely Pixar, though Disney is still top when it comes to traditional animation (though if Cuphead and/or Bendy ever get serialized the big D will face some stiff competition). Favorite movie is, easily, The Incredibles.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I like Pixar because in my opinion they have the best movies on average. Disney is very close behind, and DreamWorks is last, but still usually enjoyable. The original HTTYD is my favorite DreamWorks film, my favorite Disney film is Wreck it Ralph, and my favorite Pixar film is the Incredibles.

5. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    As much as I love Shrek and some of the Pixar movies, Disney takes the cake. Not modern Disney though. No, I mean the classics. The Lion King, Aladdin, Hercules, The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Those and other classics are what I think of when I think 'Disney', Although I loved Moana I still have Shiny stuck in my head.
    So many amazing songs by Alan Menken that put most musicals to shame.

6. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    OBVIOUSLY Dreamworks because of Shrek!

Jk, I'm alright with all three. I don't really prefer one over the other, I'm not that much of a movie person. My favorite animation studio is BlueSky, though.

7. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Probably Disney. Don't get me wrong I love the other two and all, but Disney has made some of my favourite animated movies of all time. The Lion King and it's sequel, Wreck it Ralph, Bambi, The Emperor's New Groove, Tangled, the list goes on.

8. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I liked all of them, but none of them has made any really good movies lately, except for How to Train Your Dragon series, but then again Dreamworks has been making movies that have been giving me a not very good feeling. Disney has destroyed one of my favorite series, Star Wars, beyond repair. Pixar has been going down that road of remakes with a few original movies. This is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt, but I haven't liked any of them lately...

9. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Oh, and I forgot to mention, The Nightmare Before Christmas is technically Disney, so that puts Disney at the top for me automatically (It's my favorite movie ever created ;;

10. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I'll always be a fan of the classic Disney movies, so I'd say Disney is my favorite studio, but my favorite movie made between the three is probably the How to Train Your Dragon series. I'm so excited about the third movie, the trailer looks amazing.

11. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I feel like no matter what, I'm always gonna be a Disney fan. It's what I watched the most of when I was a little kid.

12. RosieVulpes

Sweetheart
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.7
    DreamWorks hands down. I love every one of their movies(some more than others, but I still loved them)

13. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Renaissance Disney - because it is very important to make this distinction - wins out for me, through sheer volume of good quality films. I mean, I absolutely LOVE some of Dreamworks' early animated movies, but there aren't very many of them, and Disney was my childhood growing up.

Nowadays...honestly, I don't like CGI movies at all, but I have gotten more enjoyment out of Dreamworks films than I have Disney or Pixar. By far. Dreamworks films can be funny, carry a good plot, and don't drag on for too long. Sure, they've made their fair share of awful films - Turbo and The Croods - but I actually hate most of Pixar's films (Toy Story, Monsters Inc, and Finding Nemo were all fantastic, but Cars is trash and then you get things like Ratatouille, Up, and WALL-E) and modern Disney...it lacks the charm of Renaissance Disney. Their live action films leave a lot to be desired, they have absolutely RUINED Marvel and Star Wars, and these live action adaptations of their classics...they don't fill me with confidence.

If we're separating Disney from Pixar, then I would say Disney haven't made a good film in 18 years now, not since The Emperor's New Groove. But a lot of their films before that (and including that) are pure gold.

LostSpirit likes this.