1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Ditto's Pokemon Design!

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Wolf Expert, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Ditto's Pokémon Design!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

For this event, you'll have until midnight on July 28th (PST) to work together with your team to design a Pokémon! Or even an entire evolution line, if you'd like!

Each Pokémon will require:

• A name. This goes without saying, but it must be an original name that your team came up with.
    • Height and Weight
    • A type (either monotype or dual type is fine)
    • The abilities your Pokémon can have
    • A classification (Ex. Pikachu is the Mouse Pokémon)
    • A list of moves your Pokémon can learn by level up, bonus points for TM moves.
    • A Pokédex entry.
    • Art of your Pokémon.
    While not required, you can also design an entire evolution line if you'd like and you'll probably be scored higher if you do. If you do, each of the above requirements will apply to each Pokémon in the evolution line and you'll also be required to give the evolution method.

These are just the basic requirements, but you can add more if you'd like and, in fact, you're encouraged to! Be as creative as you possibly can. The more work you put into making your Pokémon, the better you're likely to do!

Plagiarism at any point in your designs will result in disqualification.

Prizes!!!

• 1st Place: The team with the highest score will recieve the Contest Winner medal and each participant will get 10pp, their choice of a 5 rarity treasure or lower, and a desktop background themed after their team and featuring their Pokémon
    • 2nd Place: The members of the second place team will recieve 5pp each and their choice of a 3 rarity treasure or lower.
    • Participation: Each person who participates will earn 1 point towards their team's Summer Scramble score, the Contest Participation medal, and 5pp.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  2. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    It says "Deisgn" in the green bar ^^

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Small update. I was asked a little while ago if the Type you come up with from the Design a Type event can be used when designing your Pokémon for this event. Yes, you can do that, but I'd suggest thinking carefully about whether you want to or not. If you decide to use your own type, I'll be judging your Pokémon's typing based off of how well you've put your type together. So if I don't think your type is original enough, it's not designed well, or there just wasn't a lot of effort put into it overall, you could actually lose points doing that. I just want to make sure you're aware ahead of time that it's not automatic points for creativity.

I also want to make sure it's understood that your type won't be judged based on whether you win or lose the design a type event. It could be that both teams put in a ton of effort and both make awesome types, but at the end of the day only one team can win that competition. At the same time, both could be lackluster, but there has to be a winner. It could also be that the team that loses that event manages to implement their type better in their Pokémon design than the team that wins, so they could still be scored higher on the typing for this event if that's the case.

It's a gambol, and I'd say to just use your best judgement based on how confident you are with your type. It could have a good pay-off, or it could hurt you in the long run.

@Gwoomy @OzoneFruit Tagging both captains so you can make sure your teams know about this.

OzoneFruit likes this.
  4. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    @Gwoomy and @OzoneFruit tagging you guys again!

Just a reminder, you have about 5 days left to finish your designs! Once they're finished, Team Captains, be sure to submit them in a reply to this thread. Make sure you submit everything, because anything that's missing won't be scored. Be sure to check that you have all the requirements, you'll lose points if anything's missing, and try to add on some optional details for some bonus points!

5. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    The Azure Crew reports in with their Fakemon Design Project!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13h1cjf0g8HCw0msWbt-zf42vM-htJS_f/view?usp=sharing

Here's a .pdf file of the completed document! Let me know if there are any issues with the link!

And here's all art files for viewing!

Pokémon Designs

Flying Fish concept Color 2 SMALLER.png Flying Fish concept Shiny SMALLER.png Flying Fish Evo Male 2 SMALLER.png Flying Fish Evo Male 2 SHINY SMALLER.png Flying Fish Evo Female SMALLER.png Flying Fish Evo Female SHINY SMALLER.png

Turbine Hold Item Spite by @ShireHime

[​IMG]

Prototype designs by @Shockwave

Shockwave Flying Fish Prototype SMALLER.png

Final Pokémon designs were made by yours truly!

Special shoutouts to @Shockwave for the prototype designs of Avish and Turbulind, @ShireHime for designing the Turbine Item for Avish to evolve, and to @LostSpirit for making the evolution chart template!

And of course, shoutout to everyone on the Azure Crew who helped! Give yourselves a part on the back peoples! This turned out fantastic!!!

#5 Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  6. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Aaand here we go :D

Link Link Link

They are on the French wiki because I wanted to put them on Bulbapedia but they're rather strict on Userpages x)

@Ridlins, @Gazi, @luxuryluxray, @Windstorm and myself contributed to the making of the artwork. Plus @Apawn for the footprints :3
    Thanks for anyone else who helped! (I ain't pinging you all but that doesn't mean I forget about you guys <3)

Ethereal, Riddles, Mandriel and 4 others like this.
  7. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Well done to both teams on their Pokémon designs! Did you have fun?

I loved the concepts of both team's Pokémon and had no idea who was going to win going into scoring, but after nearly a full day of scoring, a winner has been decided! It was a REALLY close match. And by close, I mean that the final scores were 45 to 43, only a 2 point difference!

By a very close margine, the winning team is...

Team Crimson!

Congratulations!

Enasencca, Gwoomy, Ethereal and 3 others like this.
  8. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Sigh... We lost....

9. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    YAY WE WON, CONGRATS CRIMSON!!!

But @OzoneFruit and Team Azure, I really did love your Pokémon designs too! Good job, and see you in the other events!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.