1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Dizzy's Johto Adventures.

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Iridescent Isabelle, May 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    (This is the roleplay thread of @[member="Dashing Dom"] and me. Closed to others until further notice.)

[​IMG]

At 18, Isabelle Evergreen was a decently looking, young lady. Her curly, blond hair was usually tied in a braid, though the style of the braid differed per day. Today, she wore a blue tank top with the picture of a Meowth eating an ice-cream cone, and jeans shorts. Her usual pink and white sneakers were present, as well. Her skin was rather pale from being inside so much, but with this amount of sun, it should take way too little time before her freckles appeared again for this summer.

Today was a special day. Professor Elm of New Bark Town had a new set of starters and today was her turn to pick one. Another guy was supposed to pick one as well, that's why Izzy was at least 15 minutes early. Fiddling with the strap of her backpack, she waited anxiously for either the other guy or Professor Elm to arrive. She did not know who else was going to be here, other than that his name was Don or something?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dashing Dom

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Dominic was a couple of years Isabelle's senior, at twenty. He had short, scruffy black hair, piercing blue eyes and a handsome face, weathered and tanned a little by the sun. He wore long, black cargo pants, loose and practical, as well as a t-shirt that was drawn tight across his broad shoulders. His arms were muscular and he carried himself with an easy, flowing motion. As he approached the other girl, clearly waiting for the Professor, he smiled easily. Over his shoulder he had a dark green backpack.

"Hey, you must be Isabelle?" he queried as he came up toward her, hand reached out in greeting. He couldn't resist giving her a quick once over, which, perhaps, reinforced the smile on his lips. "Waiting for Elm? You know what you want to pick?"

3. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Isabelle smiled shyly at the guy who approached her, putting her soft hand in his firm one. She inwardly cursed he did not mention his name. She wasn't sure of his, and did not want to guess and sound like a fool.
    "Hey! Yeah, that's me. Waiting for Elm..." What was she doing? She was repeating exactly what he was saying! Oh, how embarrassing. Quick! Think of something!
    "Do you know what you want to pick?" Oh no! He asked her the exact same question. This is a disaster.
    Sheepishly, she laughed it off. "Ha, Jinx. I think I'd like Chikorita. You?" Smooth. That was smooth, right? Oh Elm, where are you?

4. Dashing Dom

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Dominic laughed brightly, head shaking in disbelief at her question. He was grinning so broadly that he couldn't possibly be upset or cruel. "Jinx is when you say it at *same* time, Isabelle! But a nice try, I'll give you that. I'm Dominic, or just Dom."

He turned around and leaned his back against the wall alongside her. His arms crossed over his chest and eyed her, steadily. The poor girl looked like a deer in headlights! He supposed he wasn't supposed to make 'aww' noises at everything she did, though, so he held himself in check.

"Chikorita is a sensible choice. I think I'll take Cyndaquil... I want to see how far through the league I can get, and he seems powerful when he evolves."

5. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    She smiled and shrugged. "Close enough. Pleasure to meet you, Dominic."

Izzy took a tiny leap and sat herself on a nearby table. "I'm usually not that competitive. I'd like to travel the world and learn a lot about Pokémon. Chikorita is adorable and I love the evolutions as well. I --"

"I am so sorry I'm late!" A squeaky, male voice interrupted her, as a scrawny guy in a lab coat entered the room the two were in. His hair looked like it had been chopped using a blender, and his glasses laid crooked on his head. When he put his leather bag on the table, the three balls rolled out.

Isabelle grabbed a random one, impatiently, and summoned the Pokémon forth. It was the Totodile. Instead of the happy little Totodile Izzy had met before, this one seemed much calmer and mature, standing there quietly and looking up at her with intelligent eyes. Isabelle smiled softly.

"Hey there, Totodile. I'm sorry, but I won't be your trainer. I'm not sure I can give you what you need." The Totodile seemed to nod and did not resist when Isabelle called him back. Then she grinned at Dom. "Your turn. Try one."

6. Dashing Dom

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Dominic took the ball on the right, weighing it in his hand a moment. He shot Isabelle a little sideways glance and nodded. "I got a good feeling about this one. Come out, Cyndaquil!"

He tossed the ball forward, and it cracked in two with a flash of bright red light. There in the midst of it, on four legs, was a pretty little Cyndaquil. It was a bit green to be a Cyndaquil, and Dominic didn't remember there being a leaf wafting from its head.

"Ah," he said, while tossing the ball toward Izzy. He winked playfully. "Think this one's yours then, Isabelle."

Which left just one ball. Dominic called Cyndaquil out of it and, this time, there was the small form of a Cyndaquil, leaning back on two legs, his long, pointed head canted to one side to look from Dominic, to Izzy, to Elm. "Quill!" it cried out. Dominic knelt before it, one hand reaching out.

"Hey little fella, looks like you're coming with me, if that's okay with the good Professor."

7. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    When his "Cyndaquil" did not turn out to be one, she burst out laughing. Smoother than she could ever have been, he tossed her Chikorita's ball with a wink, which shut her up and caused her cheeks to colour. To hide this embarrassing response, she knelt on the floor and spread her arms to welcome Chikorita in a hug. The affectionate little thing immediately dashed towards her and Tackled her in a glomp hug which caused Izzy to fall over, laughing.
    "Chiko! Chiko!"
    "It's alright, Chikorita. Oh goodness," Isabelle giggled. "I've got a feisty one. But you sure smell nice." True to their species, Chikorita's leaf gave the most pleasing scent Izzy could imagine. Maybe even better than freshly baked goods.

"Good. It seems you have chosen your starters. That's alright, I think. Am I forgetting something...? Oh yes, here are your Pokedexes. I'd like you to record whatever Pokémon you encounter. Field work, so to say. And here are five balls to catch Pokémon with. I assume you know how to catch them? First, you weaken-..."

"We know, Professor. Thank you for everything" Isabelle interrupted Professor Elm. Since secondary school, they had been taught everything there is to know about Pokémon, including how to catch them and how to care for them. In her own school, they had a couple Magikarp on which the kids practiced how to care for them. Not the most interesting ones, but certainly the easiest ones.

"Chiko, feel like walking outside of your ball?" The little bundle of energy leapt up and down excitedly. "I guess that's a yes. Say, Dominic..." She turned to the guy with the Cyndaquil. "Where will you head to, next?"

8. Dashing Dom

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    "I was going to Violet City, by way of Cherrygrove! Violet's the nearest gym, so I thought I'd start out there. How about you? We could walk together, if we're going the same way?" He glanced toward her, brow quirked invitingly. It would certainly be more pleasant having some company for the road."

Dominic's Cinderquil had taken to the man the moment he'd figured out who it was that was claiming him. He stood at Dominic's ankle, sat down and looking up attentively. Dom's eyes slipped across, and he smiled. "You wanna come on foot too, I'm betting? I don't think that's a problem, bud."

Dominic spun as though to walk out. "Oh yes!" he was called back, by the voice of Elm. "Since you're going via Cherrygrove, there was one more thing, if you don't mind?" Dominic didn't turn back into the room, but did pause and listen over one shoulder.

"I need the pair of you, if you wouldn't mind, to visit Mr Pokémon. He lives on Route 30. He's, apparently, found a nest of mismatched eggs. I wondered if you might be able to bring them here, so we can analyse what's in there? I would go myself, but I am a very busy person."

9. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Isabelle nodded thoughtfully. "Yes, that does seem to be the nearest Gym. Cherrygrove is such an adorable, little town, though..." She trailed off when he invited her to come with him. "Oh! That'd be ... that'd be nice, I think. Yeah." She stammered, before collecting herself. "I'd like to. Thank you."

Dom's Cyndaquil reminded her of a little guard dog ... puppy. It was really adorable to see something so small sit there like it was as big as a Nidoking.

Isabelle was still in the room when Elm suddenly spoke up with his squeaky voice. Since she was the only one there, he spoke to Izzy.

"Oh! Eggs! I love Pokémon Eggs! Let us go there, Dominic. I'd love to see them. It's not that far away. I believe he's only just North of Cherrygrove, according to Breeders Weekly. He recently had a Togepi egg. The newly hatched Togepi was so adorable!" Isabelle gushed.

10. Dashing Dom

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    "Alright alright!" Dominic said with a chuckle, holding up his hands, palms out, to placate the suddenly excited Isabelle. His would-be travel partner, at least as far as Violet! She seemed sweet enough; not very good at talking, though. Had a bit of a stammer, the poor girl.

"We'll pay him a visit and collect your eggs, Professor. It's the least we could do, after you shared these Pokémon with us." he tipped his head in a faint bow toward Elm, who waved his hand almost irritably.

"No no, it's the least I can do. Now go on! If you want to leave today, you better go soon!"

Dominic smiled and looked down to Cyndaquil. "Ready, bud?" Cyndaquil didn't respond, but did keep staring up dutifully. Dominic turned to Isabelle. "And you, anything else you need to do? Goodbyes to say?"

11. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    "Let's go, Chiko!" Isabelle announced, causing Chikorita to cry out loudly and stand ready at the doorpost as if readying himself for a race. Isabelle wasn't as hasty as her new friend was. "Yeah, I'm good. I mean. No, I'm good. I do not live here. Mother lives in Celadon City, Kanto, and I'm here on an errand for Professor Oak of Kanto." She showed her Pokédex. "I have to get this one updated and record data for him."

"Oh, I'll do that for you!" One of the aides that came in with his arms full of Potions piped up. He gave Isabelle five and Dom five Potions. "Here, for on the way. Now, you're miss Evergreen, aren't you? Oak has called. I'll get you the upgrade at once. Oh my, you've collected a lot of Kanto data so far. Where are all your caught Pokémon?"

"They're with my mother, sir. New region, fresh start." She smiled brightly. The curly haired girl seemed more experienced than she seemed. With a few peeps, the upgrade was installed.

"We thank you for your support of our research. I've placed a tracker in it that sends data to our own computers as well, if you don't mind..." The aid said.

"No, no, that's okay. It doesn't cost me anything and if that's payment for this fierce Chikorita..." Chikorita called out its name and puffed out his chest. "then it's my pleasure."

Taking her Pokédex back, Isabelle smiled at Dominic. "Now I'm ready."

12. Dashing Dom

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    "Perfect." he approved, and waved casually toward the collection of aides and the Professor. He gave the place one last look around, then turned and moved outside, to wait the few moments it took Isabelle to catch up. Once in the clear open air he took a deep, restorative breath. It was a pretty little village; just a few houses, the lab, and forests around it. Dominic liked it for the quiet, and because it was close to the wilderness that held his heart.

Isabelle joined him after a moment and, mostly through jest, he crooked his arm toward her. His head bowed. "Would m'lady care to depart?" came the jovial question, and the pair linked arms and started to the western edge of town.

They stuck to the road at first, but soon the route was a little more cross country, in this rural part of the world. Dominic had loosed his travelling companion, but Cyndaquil was following close by his heel. "Keep an eye out, won't ya?"

13. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Isabelle joined a small while later. Her bag already had some extra weight with the potions, but it was the good kind of weight. The kind that prevented her Chikorita from dying.

Outside, she saw Dominic offer the crook of his arm to her. She giggled and accepted. "I'd be delighted." With him guiding her, she had a bit of time to look around. This truly was a gorgeous little place. The air was clean and the Pidgey flew free without a care in the world.

Isabelle had to untangle herself from Dominic when she heard her Chikorita do some sort of war-cry. As they walked through the tall grass, Chiko had picked a fight with a Rattata who just passed through. Without any mercy, Chikorita Tackled the Rattata and sent it flying until it crashed a little further away. When it got up, it ran away.

"Chiko!" Isabelle said sternly, kneeling down in front of him. Chikorita had clearly expected praise but did not receive much. "You're a pugnacious one, aren't you? I'd like you not to pick random fights. No one will like you if you try to battle everyone. Try to be friendly. There are friendly battles as well, but they're not to prove you're the best. It ..." Isabelle sighed and looked up at Dominic. "A little help here? I can't get my point clear."

14. Dashing Dom

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Dominic glanced across, and looked from Izzy, to Chiko. Even the little grass-type seemed to be expecting him to do something! "Uh..." He said, then flicked a thumb up toward Chiko. "Nice tackle, Chik'" he congratulated, before laughing at the expression that had crept across Isabelle's face. Poor girl.

He capitulated a moment later and shook his head, though he was still chuckling too much to make a clear point. "No no, she's right, don't attack just anybody. Wait on your orders!"

He wasn't likely to have the same problem. Cyndaquil was loyal and obedient almost to a fault. When he pointed to some grass and asked Cyndaquil to scour it, the small fire Pokémon shuffled off to search it. When he called it back, it returned. It fought as he told it, and if it had a flaw it was that he didn't seem to be exercising much of his own sense. Still, Dominic couldn't help but respect his diligence.

15. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Isabelle groaned out loud when Dominic proved to be the worst parent ever. She covered her face with her hands, since that little comment ruined all she said. Chikorita looked way too proud, as well. Dom's added comment wasn't certain to have the desired effect. "Should have chosen Cynda or Toto..." Isabelle muttered quietly as she stood up, not wishing to hurt Chiko's feelings, but the Grass-type certainly was a hand full.

In Cherrygrove, they had their Pokémon healed in the centre as they had lunch. It was weird not to have them follow for a while as they were checked and recharged. "What to do with him? I never had this kind of Pokémon before. I did have one that did not want to fight at all, which was a pain. Eventually had to trade her. But too combative? I'm not the right trainer for that..."

16. Dashing Dom

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    "Ah you'll be fine." came Dominic's rather useless advice. He glanced toward Chikorita, who was at one end of the table, foraging out of a bowl that was also feeing Cyndaquil. Dom glanced out of the window, chewing over the hearty stew they'd been served for lunch. It was a pretty day, with a warm sun and soft breeze, and he meant to enjoy it. Occasionally, that including looking across at his eating partner. It also meant he was keen to get back outside, once they were fed.

"Honest, though. Chikorita's excitable, not unwilling to learn. I'll back you up better next time, if you promise not to give me that death glare of yours again?" Even then he was smiling, teasing her softly then cushioning the blow by patting her shoulder or offering her a warm, genuine smile.

"With a bit of training, he'll learn to wait for his mum's say so, I'm sure. You seem like a sensible young woman I'm sure you can sort it out. Say, are there any other Pokémon you want to get out here? Ones you really like, or something?"

17. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Isabelle smiled softly back at him. "I promise not to glare at you if you're not being silly." The guy was rather easy to talk to, which made this journey even better. She sat back, cradling her cup of tea in both hands as she stretched out along the length of the booth.

"Thank you. I'd love to get a Mareep. They seem to hang out around Violet City. Also, maybe a Hoothoot, but they're a bit rare, even at night." She mused.

Chikorita seemed to be done eating as well, having as little of an appetite as his trainer does. Carefully, he jumped from the table onto Izzy's legs and walked all the way up to her chest. "Chiko?"

"Hey there, Chiko. I'm sorry for earlier. I just don't want you to fight without cause." Isabelle said softly as she stroked the side of Chikorita's head with her hand, which had been warmed by the tea cup. "I'm much too gentle for that lifestyle."

18. Dashing Dom

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Dom's Cyndaquil, however, was still munching away. Every few mouthfuls he'd glance toward Dominic to make sure his owner was still eating too, then he'd turn back and dutifully munch down a little more. It made Dominic roll his eyes but smile. The poor guy seemed like a lost puppy finally given a home.

"I wish I could talk to Cyndaquil, find out what's going on in that head of his," he mused, largely to himself. Isabelle was still talking to Chikorita, who seemed to be a little apologetic, and really rather nuzzly. It made Dominic smile.

"I think we'd be hard pressed to make it to Violet City tonight, unless you want to walk overnight. Maybe we should take our Pokémon out training, and sleep here? We'll push on tomorrow. There's no rush, right? The League isn't for months, yet."

19. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Isabelle looked at Cyndaquil. "Dom, be careful of Cynda, that he doesn't keep eating because you do. He might get sick if he does." Then she turned back to Chiko, who had laid down with his head between her breasts, enjoying himself on the soft pillow. It made Izzy smile wryly.

"Maybe he'll find his voice. He might just be scared this is all a dream, or that you send him away if he misbehaves? That's a sad thought."

Isabelle put her empty tea cup away. "Violet City? We're not going there. We need to get to Mr Pokémon, remember? Elm's egg duty? Let's get the eggs first and then return here. That should be possible if we walk briskly. Whichever Pokémon we encounter will have to wait for tomorrow."

20. Dashing Dom

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    "Right, right." He fished his fingers through his hair, as though jostling follicles might pump some awareness into his mind. "That makes sense. I could do with a good walk, day's too nice to waste inside."

At Isabelle's advice he'd reached out to put a hand along Cyndaquil's back and guide him away from the food. The little Pokémon seemed briefly confused, but once he understood he obligingly came to sit with Dominic, who scratched his stomach. "The lady's right, Bud, you've had enough. Don't have to keep up with fatties like me." He offered Cyndaquil a grin, and while the Pokémon didn't entirely seem to understand what he meant by it, he lay down contently with his head against Dom's thigh.

"You know a lot about Pokémon, huh, Isabelle?" he asked, before interrupting himself with another spoonful of stew. He was finishing off Izzy's leftovers now, with her blessing, and showed little sign of slowing down. "What were you doing before all of this?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.