1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

DND: The Dumbest Thing You Have Ever Done/Seen

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Darcy, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Darcy

Darcy Strongest Blade in Valor

Eurydice
    (Brione)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,068.1
    Philosopher's CowlPsychium Z ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    The fun thing about TTRPGs like Dungeons and Dragons is you as the player have a ton of freedom. This can result in having some very cool moments or doing really stupid things. The latter is what we best remember, let's be real.

So, my fellow players and DMs, what is the dumbest thing you have witnessed or done yourself during a session? It can be something really silly that you did to be funny, a horrendously bad decision that backfired, or even something that technically made sense but ended up sounding stupid because of context.

My personal favorite story comes from one of my first sessions of DND. To give a little background, my character was an elf living in the forest and the other PCs were basically strangers to me. They ended up disturbing a giant bird that lived in the forest and they had to fight it. My character was the pacifist type, but not wanting the bird to get hurt, I cast Entangle on an NPC that was with the party. My friend playing a Dragonborn was in a fight beforehand, so in order to recharge his breath weapon, decided to take a nap on the poor NPC bound to the ground. It was incredibly funny.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Captain Comet likes this.
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,236.9
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    So! @Jeydis 's campaign for SS was really fun, and I loved being a part of it. However I will say I did a stupid in there.
    I didn't do my research on bears and hoped an AC of 18 would protect me.

I got oneshot.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Captain Comet likes this.
  3. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,533.1
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    So this was my first DnD session ever, same with two of my friends. So three out of the four of us playing were new. The DM has played before but this was his first time DMing.

Characters:
    Audra the half-elf Cleric (me)
    Dark the shifter Rogue
    Rayjack the human Fighter (the one who's played before)
    (forgot name oops) the halfling Artificer

So our first battle. Four skeletons. Simple right? WELL...

Okay bare with me here, my memory is terrible. First off, Rayjack was carrying Halfling (as I will call her for now) on his shoulders because she can't walk as fast as us because of her short legs. He gets first move, and attacks. He misses. Halfling falls off his shoulders, fails an agility check, faceplants on the ground, and is prone for her first turn and can't do anything. She understandably gets whacked by a skeleton. This is pretty much a good summary of the rest of the battle. Rayjack, the tank who's supposed to be the front line, couldn't land a single attack. I'm not even exaggerating, he didn't deal any damage. Halfling wasn't much better, only hitting a bottle of acid once. Now I, on the other hand, was wrecking shit, and Dark was right there with me. But we still got hit pretty bad, and so all four of us were dangerously low on health at the end. We ended up having a skeleton with 1 health left surviving for like three turns because Rayjack and Halfling couldn't hit shit, and Dark and I were focused on other dudes. I also couldn't heal anyone easily as I was kind of far from them (two of the skeletons had bows and were shooting from afar). But miraculously, we all made it out alive. Then we have several deity and deity-like beings telling us we're the chosen heroes, and all of us are just confused as to how.

Oh yeah, this was during a sort of trial for a magic key, which some demon guy came and tried to take from us after. But in an amazing display of teamwork, I distracted him with my 18 charisma while Dark snuck up and stole it from him. He left without realizing it was gone. Also the first puzzle we had was a boulder blocking our path, and in about five seconds I just demolished it with my warhammer because brute force.

So basically, Dark and I are the competent ones. I'm crazy and he's horny. This'll end well I'm sure.

4. Skdebop

Arcoos
    (Arceus)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.5
    i saw a kid that thought he was spiderman and he tried to climb the walls and all i heard was thud