1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Do you argue with your parents much?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Vigilance, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    As I've got older, I've got into arguments more and more just because we are always at odds. I think it's the older generation vs millennials problem. Normally it's stuff like me hanging with friends or staying up late. I'm happy enough that I'll be going off to college though as I'll have some breathing room.

What about you?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    My parents are kind of terrible. If I mentioned the sorts of things my parents talk about a lot, I could probably be banned from the forum. Lets just say they don't have a very diverse mindset. Be careful when you go off to college. After the first week of not talking to my mom, she showed up unannounced while I was out studying with some friends and when I came back to the dorm, everyone I passed by (pretty much my entire floor) was like "hey I think your mom's looking for you?" I guess she was interrogating everyone to find out where I was. That was so embarrassing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I don't argue with my parents as much since I became 18, they are basically of the mindset that I am wise enough to not fuck up and if I do, they are there for me. OF course, there are still the minor things like forgetting to grab my laundry from downstairs but that is pretty much it.

4. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I hardly ever argue with my dad, as we're usually on the same channel. My mom, though . . . she's very easily pissed off, and I'm very quick to defend myself, so we get into a lot of passive-aggressive conversations, arguments, even downright fights. Don't get me wrong, we get along great - but when something about one of us upsets the other, look out.

5. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I argue with my mom constantly. We’ve never gotten along that well. And now that I’m 20 and living away for school part time, it feels like we argue more when i come home :/ she never calls me or anything when I’m at school but when i come home she blows up in my face. Living with her means constantly tip-toeing around every conversation

6. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    My mom and I tend to argue about small things, but they always blow over a few hours later. We have a pretty good relationship overall, she just says and does things that really set me off and I can't help but retort. I don't live with my dad nor do I see him often, but I haven't argued with him in a few years. Now we mostly just chill, haha.

7. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I don’t argue with my parents pretty much at all. If I do argue with them, it would always be my mom. But I still hardly ever argue with them.
    Usually what initiates the argument is her actions. She does something and I try to advise against it, but she thinks she should do it anyways.

8. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    I've never really argued with my parents that much. My parents are both good people and I've pretty much always gotten along well with them.

9. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I have a similar situation to this, though it took a few years after I turned 18 for my mum to fully accept that. I try not to argue with my mother, not because we have differing opinions, but rather because I don't think it's wise to pick fights with anybody. Granted, there isn't much reason to have fights to be picked either, and I believe that's a fair bonus. I would at least like to remain on good terms with my mother for the time being.

The only time I would ever 'argue' with someone (rather than simply debate) is if I did not care very much about the other person's well-being. Arguments are inherently hurtful to people (even if intended for betterment), and there isn't much reason to hurt people without cause.

10. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Not particularly. The only person in my family I often argue with is my brother, since we're complete opposites of each other. It's almost comical.

11. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I never really argued much with my parents at all, I guess none of us really did or said stuff that was worth arguing over.

12. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    All the time over political stuff

13. Furie

Furie Black Belt

Slagros
    (Umbreon)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.9
    I never really argued much with my parents. Sometime in the 15~17 year range I got into some pretty big spats with my dad but I can't recall ever arguing with my mom. Nowadays I live over 1000 miles away from anyone in my family so the little time we do spend together is very cordial.

14. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Not really no, but there are days when everyone is frustrated just after getting home from work so we're all tired, and that can lead to some minor frustration. We're all so busy that we hardly see each other on weekdays and when we do, we just want to eat and relax.. so that doesn't leave much room for arguing. x'D;;;

15. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,471.2
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I haven't argued with my parents for a while. My parents and I usually see eye to eye when it comes to arguments nowadays.

16. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    As a kid, sure, but not anymore. Of course, the one I'd argue with the most, my dad, I don't even talk to anymore.

17. dangokura

dangokura what is happening ;w;

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    my mom gets really mad easily, so she gets mad at me a lot :/ i don’t argue with her anymore though, i just ignore it / try to end the convo ><

18. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    When I lived with her, yes, we didnt get on very well. We're very different people and while I would rarely argue back we did have a lot of clashes. Now I've moved out we get on really well! The move has gave us lots of space.

19. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    This is hilarious! Why? Because, I argue with them all the time about everything, even to this day. Why? Because I love to argue. It always puts a smile on my face when I can argue a point. Both my mom and my dad have gotten to the point where they are sick of my constant arguing. Now I've never had a heated argument with them, its all just been friendly discussion...for me at least. I can't say that they haven't gotten heated every now and again but I always like arguing and never got heated about it.

I think the main reason I like arguing so much is because I can present my ideas and see where someone differs or how my ideas are wrong. I've always liked learning and I see our arguments as learning experiences.

20. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    not really. i almost never argue with my mom unless it's minor stuff and my dad and i have our disagreements but we never really "argue".