1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Do you play the spinoffs?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Sheep, Oct 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Hey loves, time to discuss! Do you play the spinoffs? Which ones have you played? If you don't, why not?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Achromatic likes this.
  2. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I love spinoffs! I've played the Ranger games, the PMD games, and I played Conquest, but I lost interest in it fairly quickly. ^^;

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,616.4
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I've played the Mystery Dungeon games in the past, I'll probably not get back into them. I'm playing, rare though, the ranger games, they're my favorite spin-offs so far, also played Conquest. I'm playing Pokémon Art Academy and Pokémon Link Battle too. Also the Trading Card Game for the old GameBoy Color, I downloaded it from the eShop, I played the original game back when it was released so long ago, I still have the cartridge.

4. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Yup, I still play the spinoffs. They are a lot of fun. Had some great memories and for a while I preferred PMD to the regular, main series.

5. ThatPsychoticPichu

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    PMD, Pokémon Ranger, etc <333333333333
    All fun :D

6. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I've played basically any spin-off I could get my hands on. I recently played Pokémon Ranger Guardian Signs.

7. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I love the spinoffs. I thought they added a little more depth to the Pokémon franchise and made Pokémon not just another rpg or tcg. The spinoffs gave such a refreshing break from the main series game.

8. Malc Modnar

Malc Modnar Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Currently on my fifth playthrough of Explorers. I also have a copy of Shadows of Almia around here somewhere...

So yes. More than the main series.

9. 8-Bit-Eevee

8-Bit-Eevee Crow of the Tempest

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Yes. They did some amazing things with the spin-off games.

I played the Pokémon Ranger series, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, and a bit of Colosseum and XD. The last two I didn't do much of, since I wasn't as big of a fan of them.

But yeah, I loved the spin-off games.

10. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    I've played these spin-offs (I hope I don't forget one):

• Pokémon Snap
    • Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
    • Pokémon Ranger
    • Pokémon Trozei
    • Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
    • Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
    • Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity

I'm not super big on the spin-offs, especially since I didn't have the non-handheld consoles growing up (I played Pokémon Snap at my cousin's house). But if one interests me, I might try it. I've really wanted to play Pokémon Conquest and the newer Ranger though, haven't gotten around to it.

11. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Some spinoffs are amazing, especially the Ranger and Mystery Dungeon games, I had a great time playing those. And I played Pokémon Snap, that's just a hilarious game :D

12. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I have played the following spinoffs:

• Pokémon Snap
    • Pokémon Pinball (yeah that's a spinoff, right?)
    • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue
    • Pokémon Pinball Ruby/Sapphire (I had a Pinball phase once, don't judge)
    • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
    I never actually played the Colosseum or Ranger games, although I hear good things about them, so I might check them out some time, as well as Conquest, which just sounds interesting to me xD

13. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,105.7
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Of course! I played every single Pokémon spinoff game that ever came out on the DS. (Except for Dash and Trozei.) I also have a Game Boy and I have played the TCG game and Pinball.

14. draggon4334

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    i played mystery dungeon and Pokémon ranger but never really beat ether T_T got boring

15. JirachiWish

JirachiWish You only get two wishes

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I have:
    - Explorers of Time
    - Explorers of Sky
    - Pikachu's PokePark
    - Pikachu's PokePark 2
    - Pokémon Battle Revolution

I LOVE the PMD games so much! Even more than the main Pokémon games, haha. :)

The PokePark games are really cute and have nice graphics, but they're obviously for a younger audience and don't have a very emotional plot.
    Battle Revolution is kinda boring in my opinion, haha.

16. Latios

Latios School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I played Pinball on the Gameboy Color and played TCG GB and Puzzle Challenge on emulator long ago, but now I got these two on my 3DS from the eShop. I also used to play Pinball RS on emulator a lot long ago too.
    I played MD Red Rescue Team on the GBA.
    I played a bit of the original Ranger too but got too bored/frustrated of it to beat it. (plus it was annoying to realize they sold me a used copy as new when I started the game and there was a save file already)
    I never played any other DS or 3DS spinoff game (unless we count Super Smash Bros for 3DS) but hopefully I'll manage to at least try out Conquest and MD Explorers of Sky eventually. (would help if they were on the eShop but nope)

Never had the home consoles, just the handhelds. But I played a bit of the Stadium games (and the original Super Smash Bros if it counts) on rare occassions on the actual console but mostly on emulator, back when I was much younger. Also briefly played Colosseum on someone else's computer cause it would never work on mine.

I could actually get Battle Trozei off the eShop right now but I'm not sure if that's what I wanna waste my 10$ on... can anyone say if they think it's worth it?

17. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I've played the Ranger and PMD games, but nothing else. The other spinoffs (other than Colliseum and Battle Revolution) don't really catch my interest (especially not Pinball and Puzzle League).

18. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Yes! I pretty much played everyone of them besides the ranger series (not counting Guardian signs since I played that) and Hey You Pikachu! My personal favorite spin off is Pokémon Puzzle league though. That game is too addicting even if you beat it all the way!

19. Juju

Juju Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I still love to play PMD, and even Conquest when I feel like pulling out the old Ds Lite. I was really into Pokémon Ranger as a kid.

20. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    I do really like the spin-offs (apart from Dash... ugh). I remember loving Ranger, as well as as PMD. In fact, I still love PMD (I've been replaying it: still need to get to Temporal Tower in Explorers of Time). I'm also a fan of the original TCG that came out on Gameboy. Man, that game was fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.