1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

do you prefer physical books, ebooks, or both?

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by colours, May 30, 2018.

1. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I have to have the physical book or I get too distracted. The only time I'll use ebooks is if its for an online class.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Physical books all the way! Especially if it's a textbook, because like awney I get distracted if I'm online.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I prefer ebooks, though pretty much every book I read is a physical copy. The idea of carrying an entire library around on a device appeals to me a lot more than cramming 3 books into my bag whenever I go out. Still, nothing beats the smell of a book. Except cookies.

4. RegionRunner150

RegionRunner150 PKMN Breeder

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I prefer physical copies when reading novels or books for pleasure. When it comes to textbooks and things like that, ebooks help as I am an auditory learner.

5. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I like that ebooks are compact and don't use paper, although since they require electricity to use, I'm not sure which is actually better environmentally. I prefer the way physical books feel and smell though (I'm weird) and it's easier to see your progress if you're holding the actual book. It's a lot more satisfying too. So I guess I prefer physical books, but I wish they took up less space.

6. Sylphiel

Sylphiel Swimmer

Volcanion Egg
    (Volcanion Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽568.2
    I've done ebooks, and while they're great for some things (especially saving on space!), I find I prefer the overall experience of physical books. Holding that reader isn't the same as holding a book, and I find I remember books a bit better if I'm reading a physical copy as opposed to a digital one. And even now, when I think of buying books, I'm sorely tempted to buy actual copies and not bother with an ebook version...

Though it also might not help that I don't have a proper reader for them right now, or at least one that I consider "mine". The Nook I was originally using got melted slightly (no, really - it fell behind my couch onto heater coils and I didn't realize it for a while, it was an older version that was starting to go anyway so whatever), the previous tablet I had the software on is one I can't use anymore, and I just haven't bothered getting it on my newer one. I guess that's another reason I prefer physical - I don't have to get something else just to read the book, all I need is the book itself.

7. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    It depends on whether it's free or not LOL. I will happily take a free ebook over a huge textbook any day of the week.

8. CountessGardevoir

PokéPoints:
    ₽350.5
    I need physical for the best experience

9. Jeydis

Jeydis Midnight Gourmand

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,036.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I prefer physical books for the most part but use ebook if it is a hard to get book or one that is not easy to travel (looking at you Stephen King)

10. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I always prefer physical:
    Books, games, etc.
    Having an icon on your desktop is good, but having the games on the PC and your shelf is better.

11. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,631.2
    I haven't really read e-books before. I doubt it would really made a difference for me one way or the other.

12. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Physical books all the way! I used to have a kindle paperwhite and while it was very convenient and compact, I highly disliked it. I'd much rather have my own where I can write in it to take notes for class.