1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Anime/Manga Do you read manga?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Junkrat, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    And if so, do you prefer it to the anime version of the series, if there is one? What is your favorite manga? Do you like the art style, story, characters, or something else? Also list your manga recommendations!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I always prefer manga to anime. They're just really fun to read, and there's (usually) not as much filler. Not to mention that some of my favorite manga series don't have anime adaptations, like Kitchen Princess, which is one of those cooking school stories, but I don't think it takes itself as seriously as some others do. The Pokémon Adventures manga, which would make a totally epic anime series on it's own. My favorite manga though is +Anima, which is about four children who are +Anima, which basically means that they have the ability to partially transform into animals. One child can grow crow wings, one has bat wings, super sonic hearing, and a screeching ability. One boy is a fish +Anima, and he can basically turn into a merman when he's in the water.

The +Anima themselves are fun to see, but what I love about this story is the characters. It's just a manga series about four children who are trying to find a home together in a world where they're shunned because of what they are. These children also have pretty tragic pasts, because for somebody to become an +Anima, two things need to happen. An animal has to be nearby when it happens (that's the animal that they become an +Anima of), and the child has to be in a situation where they would have died without the additional help of their powers. It's a fun and sweet series to read, though it's really short (only ten volumes). It's good though, and I recommend it to everybody.

3. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    The only manga I'm really interested in is Detective Conan – not that I'm really looking for new things to read either…
    I don't even try to make hypotheses or anything, I just… like to see mysteries unfolding by "themselves". The "repeating" aspect of it has somehow never showed up for me, I love every case that gets resolved, even all the "filler". The "story" parts are reeeally good too, with a heck ton of suspense, revelations and plot twists. And for me who isn't fond of romance, the cheesy moments are okay I guess.
    I never watched the anime for several reasons; it feels weird having the characters talking because they just kinda all have the same voice in my head; somehow for me Ai has light hair so it's weird seeing her with darker hair; there are a lot of episodes and I don't wanna get involved in them when I already know I like the manga.

Ooh yeah I forgot about the Pokémon manga, thanks Gazi for reminding me x)
    I only have the Black & White one for now, but it's hecking good and I wanna read them all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I only keep up with My Hero Academia! I love most things about it except for some of the arcs just didn't click with me. It's also nice to see such diverse characters with such interesting qualities about them.

5. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I think I've only picked up a manga book maybe three times in my life, so yeah not really :P
    I'll be honest, manga isn't something I'm overly interested in. I prefer to watch the anime instead if one is available.

6. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I'm really not that big on manga, though I do own some. I own all the Ace Attorney manga, and the first two volumes of Assassination Classroom (which I still need to read). I just generally prefer anime over manga.

7. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Both. As my fav anime manga
    Shaman king. Great ending in the ankme
    Manga also awesome problem is
    In the original there is a huge open ending. As thab ya say the remake is better. But I cant buy that

As my other fav dengeki daisy. Somedat I hope there will be an anime

8. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    My bias towards manga mostly comes down to preferring reading over watching television. That and the fact I’ve been into manga for far longer than anime.

I only read manga physically. Reading any book or comic through digital scans just doesn’t feel right.

If I had to choose a few favorites they would be A Silent Voice, Goodnight Punpun, My Brother’s Husband, and 20th Century Boys.

9. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    I started reading Mirai Nikki. My bf has only till 8 so need to seek the rest online though. After that I guess I start the anime. In the line of the many animes I am watching but are on hold and want to watch XD