1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Do you replay older Pokémon games?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Sheep, Sep 4, 2018.

1. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Sometimes, I like to play a bit of Gen III with a friend who owns a copy. She's done several Nuzlockes and the others. We're currently going through a run, but haven't even got to Rustboro because I always insist on grinding...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I replay SoulSilver quite a bit. I just absolutely love the Johto games

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I replayed BW2 some time ago, because I wanted to try the hard mode out. I also love playing Pokémon Crystal.

4. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I've been replaying the older games a lot lately. I've been thinking of replaying Black again even though I played though it not that long ago.

5. Aalacer

Moonwalk
    (Lunatone)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽484.7
    I used to do it, but I don't find it as funny no more.
    What I've done not long ago is to modify FR/LG in order to make them way more difficult so I can play in an entirely new fashion :hello:

6. VicTheJolteon

Eric
    (Vulpix)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽157.2
    Thunder Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I`d be playing on my copy of Pokémon Silver if I had a working Game Boy Advance...

7. gbb369

gbb369 Youngster

tails
    (Fennekin)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12.0
    any and all Pokémon ranger games any gen 5 game and pkmn md explorers of darkness

8. gbb369

gbb369 Youngster

tails
    (Fennekin)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12.0
    Pokémon ranger anyone? also gen five number one
    cue the zoidberg whooping

9. AutumnsDusk

Fennekin
    (Fennekin)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    I've replayed FireRed the most, and I've replayed mystery dungeons explorers of sky a lot too

10. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Yes, I have played gens 1, 2, and 3 multiple times over the years and it has always been quite the experience. Gold and emerald versions are by far my favorites to replay.

11. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Nope, never. Actaully no I did replay Sapphire version once but that was many years ago. Nowadays replaying games doesn't appeal to me since I've lost all interest in playing video games.

12. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I keep meaning to, and I do occasionally try to. But ultimately my interest disappears...I just don't feel that Pokémon games are replayable. They're quite time-consuming titles in the amount of training, battling, and collecting that you do (or I do, anyway) and repeating the experience just doesn't seem to hold any appeal for me even if I think about it and kinda feel like it.

I may just not have given it enough time, though. I got on alright with my Yellow replay - or rather, I finished it - and I would have finished Crystal too if I hadn't of accidentally forgotten to backup my save data when I switched to my New 2DS XL. Maybe it just needs more time than a couple of years.

13. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    If it weren't for my love of the older games, I probably would have never gone back to them. I try an occasional challenge, but I fail them half the time, so it's mainly for fun nowadays. I think the ones I play most often are Blue Rescue Team, Explorers of Sky, SoulSilver, Pokémon Ranger and Black 2. And until I find a new game to like for the 3DS or other consoles, I think these are the only Pokémon games I'll actually play. I play them a lot, too. I think over 75% of my gaming time is put into them.

14. Baratheon

Baratheon Ours is the Fury

Slash
    (Zekrom Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽378.4
    Soothe Bell ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Absolutely! Especially all of the spinoff games. I don’t buy games that I don’t absolutely love, because I adore going back later on and experiencing it a second time. It also gives you new perspective on the plots, too!

15. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I used to but I don't as much anymore? and the times I do its usually a randomizer because the pure chaos of randomizers makes the experience new every time! then again I haven't played a Pokémon game in an actual year so ahah….

I do replay the spinoffs a lot tho! especially mystery dungeon, I still check in on my game ive had since I was 11. good times man

16. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Once I transfer all my Pokémon out to Gen 6 I think I'll give BW another go. Had a blast playing it the first time around and wanna experience the story again :3

17. Otter Mii-kun

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    Even though I have games from Generations VI and VII, the vast majority of my time playing Pokémon involves Generations I and II, via the 3DS Virtual Console re-releases (which I was really glad finally happened, as I had traded in my Game Boy-era Pokémon games in early 2006).

18. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I do sometimes, but I often don't go far when I do replay them. I remember replaying Platinum and doing a nuzlocke as well.... but I just got too bored with it and stopped once I hit Victory Road. I just didn't feel like spending time grinding and the Pokémon fire burned out.

19. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    My interest in challenge runs have declined recently, but I love going back to the older Pokémon games with a new team. How frequently I go back varies on the game.

Gen 1: I find Red and Blue to be a little too clunky to revisit. For that reason, Yellow is the only Gen 1 game I replay.

Gen 2: This is the generation I revisit the least. Everything I like about Johto is improved in the remakes.

Gen 3: The portability of the GBA on top of the variety in the Pokédex makes replaying the original Hoenn games a blast. Fire Red and Leaf Green are fun to revisit as well.

Gen 4: Platinum’s postgame is so good that I don’t like starting over. Heartgold and Soulsilver were my first games in the series, so going back is always a nostalgia trip.

Gen 5: As linear as Black and White are, the difficulty balancing makes them just hard enough to be interesting. Black 2 and White 2 have enough content to last you for years, which makes deleting an old save file daunting. When I do return however, it’s guaranteed to be a blast.

20. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I love replaying older games, gen 3 and 4 particularly.