1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Do you think you can catch em' all?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Catcher' started by Wolf Expert, Mar 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    The number of posts you would have to make to get the PP to buy pokeballs in order to catch all of the Pokémon is kind of ridiculous. Aside from that, you would also have to post to evolve Pokémon once you catch them and new Pokémon are being added all the time. Recently a change was made so every day you log into LV, you get some bonus PP, making this slightly less of a daunting task. So, do you think you have what it takes to catch them all? Are you going to try, or would you just be satisfied with catching your favorites?

I think I might, eventually, be able to, but wow this is going to take a while.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I'm not even going to try - on top of the task never being truly finished, most of the species I really have no interest in. I'm content enough to go after my favourites (and raise any shinies I happen to come across), and that will be enough for me.

...I know there are a few people here trying, so I wonder what they think about the endeavour.

3. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    It's going to be a lot more satisfying, I think, if we're ever able to sort our Pokémon. I know that's a thing that's planned, but it's been planned for a while now, so I'm still saying "if."

4. LovableLuxray

LovableLuxray Ace Trainer

Amy
    (Shinx)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽126.1
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    It seems like a pretty difficult task considering all of the factors. It would definitely take a lot of time. I applaud anyone who is attempting to catch 'em all.

5. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Being a completionist myself, I am kinda on and off about trying to catch 'em all. Though, evolving all of them will be a bit of a hassle. :sweat:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Yeah, the evolutions will probably be the hardest part. At least we don't have to buy evolution stones and such.

Although depending on the cost, stones might actually be more efficient... Hmm....

SnowboundBecca likes this.
  7. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    To be honest, I probably won't catch them ALL. I will mainly go for rare 'mons, mons in a set (like Burmy or starters) and any legendaries/mythicals. Any eggs as well. And Pokémon that I want to catch.

Well, with this mindset I might as well try to create a living LV dex!

8. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I don't think I'll catch all of them, but I'll certainly try to build up my collection with a majority of the mons available. I think right now it's a bit more of a challenge to focus on "catching them all" when organizing/releasing our mons isn't a feature yet. It would help tremendously to have the ability to organize each mon by dex number etc. But even then it would be a challenge to catch mutliples of the same mon and do all that posting for leveling them up. Seems like a fun challenge though still!

9. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I want to try to catch each one, it would be very cool if there was a Pokédex of sorts to keep track since there are just so many Pokémon. Also, once you evolve a Pokémon then you would need to replace the preevolution you just evolved, now that is a lot of posting and a lot of pokeballs :P

10. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Oooh a Pokédex would be a good idea as an alternative to having to sort them all later on.

Cadbberry likes this.
  11. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    If it could track that you caught the baby forms and pre-evolutions, that would be so fantastic haha, but that is only something we could hope for

12. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    I might still go for a living dex anyway, even if that was a feature. Maybe a Pokédex and an "item collection" that lists things like fossils, eggs, and items from events like berries too.

Cadbberry likes this.
  13. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I definitely can't. I don't have the patience for one thing; for another, there are some mons that I simply refuse to catch - mostly because of their design. I'd much rather simply catch the ones I like, collect as best I can, and leave it at that.

Cadbberry likes this.
  14. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Wow, surprisingly it doesn't look like there are many people going for this. Interesting!

15. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I'm alread ywell on the way to catching them all, is just really time consuming since I'm going for a living dex style sorta thing meaning I'll need to catch a mon for each stage if is one that can evolve.

Wolf Expert likes this.
  16. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I planned to when the Catcher first arrived, but I have ended up missing several event mon during the catcher bug-so unless they end up re-releasing these mon (Surfing Pikachu, ect) I probably won't be able to get a full Pokédex.

17. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Would things like that count for the full dex? I'd say if you have a pikachu, you have a pikachu. The surfing one is just sort of extra.

18. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I'd argue that things that appear only seasonally and for set events don't count at all, either for or against.

19. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I'm not going to catch them all. I'm planning on only catching mons that I really like. I don't really see the point in catching Pokémon I dislike and never going to level up. But that's just me.

20. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Nope, not at all. As some others mentioned, I don't have much interest in most of the species. Honestly, I plan on only collecting rarer mons. Plus, evolving all of them is gonna take centuries.