1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Do You Watermark?

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by UnstoppableGamer, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I don't watermark as it typically looks ugly, and it's easy for art thieves to edit out. If I'm proud of what I've drawn, the most I'd do is add a signature somewhere where it isn't distracting. It won't stop somebody from stealing it, but there's little that can be done to prevent art theft in the first place.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I usually just add my signature to my work as well and just hope people are respectful enough to honor that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    Usually, I do not. No one steals my crappy art anyway.

4. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I don't watermark, but I do signatures. I don't sign my little 100x100 sprites and animations as there is seriously no room for them, but sketches, final arts, and anything (else) I post online has my signature.

5. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Ufortunately I've had to start watermarking. I don't like doing it, but art thieves are the worst kind of people.

6. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I don't, because it's kinda ugly. Idk what I'll do if someone ever steals my art :L

7. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I usually just add a shortened version of my art username somewhere visible but not in the road. I'm not worried about art theft as such because I can't control it, but adding the name can help some people to recognize my work.

8. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    I don't watermark because I feel like it can ruin the actual artwork. Also, my stuff's not even remotely worth steeling, so it's not really an issue.